downforce question

Messages
208
Messages
kierancrabtree12
I've heard many mention adjusting this for better performance and handling but when I did I didn't see any improvement on times at daytona. ?
I'm putting the blue bar all the way to the top ? Should it be all way down so you can see no blue bar . ?
 
I've heard many mention adjusting this for better performance and handling but when I did I didn't see any improvement on times at daytona. ?
I'm putting the blue bar all the way to the top ? Should it be all way down so you can see no blue bar . ?

If its Daytona oval, I think you should turn it all the way down (so no bar is showing) to maximise your speed.

Some experts might come in and say that it a bad idea to take it all down - I don't know that much - but generally, adjust it down for max speed and up for better grip at corners.
 
You also need to adjust your transmission if you need top speed. lets say you have a gear ratio that in theory would get the car to reach 330 km/h, the 330 km/h will not be reached because you have other facts like friction from tires, downforce etc that make the car only reach let say 315 km/h.. but if you took away all downforce you might reach 325, the tire friction can not be taken away im afraid :-)

Maximum downforce is a great tool to optimize time round a track. However, the track layout desides if you are going to hava alot or none downforce. As monoha says: High speed circuits=low downforce, technical courses=high downforce

tuning a car is complicated and requires some practice. You'll figure it out soon if you dont get it now. Just try 2 races. One with max downforce and one with no downforca around daytona oval and see for your self. The car can not reach the rev-limiter if this test should shine some light for you.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you guys understand my point
 
downforce is airflow over the car pushing it down to the road which gives you more girp in corners but daytona doesn't have any corners so you do the opposite
 
Back