Download demo from pro and use it as a ghost

  • Thread starter Thread starter JeffR
  • 9 comments
  • 4,443 views
Messages
42
Canada
Montreal
I know we can download demo from Top 10 Stars in Sport Mode (qualifying rankings) but I wish we could use those demos to put it as a ghost when we practice (Arcade Mode) or when we try to qualify, to know where we loose time and where we gain some. That would be a great challenge and that would be great to upgrade our skills to "follow" a star.

LOAD GHOST : we should upload a ghost from our Race Demo in My Library.

;)
 
I agree, that would be much better than my current method which consists of:
1. Download a replay by ORMA_Snow, Turismo-lester, hellZfirEJP, etc.
2. Watch replay a few times.
3. share game play video of replay on YouTube as a private share.
4. Screenshot of lap splits
5. Watch replay previously uploaded to YouTube at 1/4 speed
6. Swear at the car/television/wheel for not behaving how I expect them to
7. Settle for a qualifying time that is at best 2.5 seconds behind the top ten
 
I agree, that would be much better than my current method which consists of:
1. Download a replay by ORMA_Snow, Turismo-lester, hellZfirEJP, etc.
2. Watch replay a few times.
3. share game play video of replay on YouTube as a private share.
4. Screenshot of lap splits
5. Watch replay previously uploaded to YouTube at 1/4 speed
6. Swear at the car/television/wheel for not behaving how I expect them to
7. Settle for a qualifying time that is at best 2.5 seconds behind the top ten
I just skip steps 1 through 5.
 
THat sounds like a right load of hassle that will never work! You’re never going to fully emulate how someone else drives, simply because you are not thinking how they do. To just try to copy it is never going to work in the long run.
It’s best to drive to your own style and then get faster by evolving your own style
 
I agree, that would be much better than my current method which consists of:
1. Download a replay by ORMA_Snow, Turismo-lester, hellZfirEJP, etc.
2. Watch replay a few times.
3. share game play video of replay on YouTube as a private share.
4. Screenshot of lap splits
5. Watch replay previously uploaded to YouTube at 1/4 speed
6. Swear at the car/television/wheel for not behaving how I expect them to
7. Settle for a qualifying time that is at best 2.5 seconds behind the top ten

Haha!! So true for the 2.5

I do not understand how they are so fast. Seriously, i can do the track 50 times and i am always +/- 0.1s to my average lap time so, how is it possible to go 2.5s faster? DAMN !!! I do not understand.
 
THat sounds like a right load of hassle that will never work! You’re never going to fully emulate how someone else drives, simply because you are not thinking how they do. To just try to copy it is never going to work in the long run.
It’s best to drive to your own style and then get faster by evolving your own style

I do not agree.

If you are slower in the first corner but you reach the 2nd one faster, you can see if your technique is good or not. If you loose 0.3s in every corner, then you have to be BETTER, not just evolving your style.
 
If someone posts a faster time than you it’s pretty obvious you need to be better!
Trying to copy someone else frame by frame and in slow mo seems like a load of bother.
Just watch their replay and you can soon see where quicker lines are, lift off rather than brake or not change down as many times etc
 
Haha!! So true for the 2.5

I do not understand how they are so fast. Seriously, i can do the track 50 times and i am always +/- 0.1s to my average lap time so, how is it possible to go 2.5s faster? DAMN !!! I do not understand.

once you have the line then all thats left is for the little details and they add up to a really fast time
 
I don’t go to much trouble, what I do is,
1.Download their lap,
2.Turn off my wheel
3.Replay it over and over again
4.Try to mimic their turns, acceleration, de-accelaration and brake, gear change, etc...
5.memorize their splits
6. Turn on the wheel and try....

Usually works to get close to them....

I agree, that would be much better than my current method which consists of:
1. Download a replay by ORMA_Snow, Turismo-lester, hellZfirEJP, etc.
2. Watch replay a few times.
3. share game play video of replay on YouTube as a private share.
4. Screenshot of lap splits
5. Watch replay previously uploaded to YouTube at 1/4 speed
6. Swear at the car/television/wheel for not behaving how I expect them to
7. Settle for a qualifying time that is at best 2.5 seconds behind the top ten
 
Back