Download Update w/o PS3 Connected to Internet??

  • Thread starter Thread starter cpa5
  • 10 comments
  • 1,974 views
Messages
12
APOLOGIZE UP FRONT --- I think someone asked this but I can't find the post anywhere.....

My PS3 is not set up at home to the internet as I have no internet.

Does anyone know if I can download to a cd-r or dvd the content of the updates and then Upload them into the PS3???

If not....my LIFE TOTALLY IS IN SHAMBLES :lol: JK

Thanks
 
Unfortunately no, you'll have to hook your PS3 to the internet.
 
what about this gem of a question....

lets say i don't get internet for 2-3 months or whatever...and when I finally do the update level is say 1.15...or something like that...

WIll i have to go thru all the previous updates and download them all first...or will whatever the latest update is at the time it will supercede all other updates I NEVER DOWNLOADED????

How bout that...anyone have any answers...

Looks like GT5 is Forcing me to buy internet service.....:banghead:
 
There is a link on this page telling you how to install the update via PC.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4370573

Now, the page the link links to, is blocked here at work (I'm on a ship), but maybe any of you guys could do me the favor of copy/pasting the DIY from the link in the other thread (the link to ps3blog.co.za), into this thread so that I also might be able to install the update?

I haven't got an internet connection in my cabin, so the updates will never be available for me. 👎
 
Last edited:
There is a link on this page telling you how to install the update via PC.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4370573

Now, the page the link links to, is blocked here at work (I'm on a ship), but maybe any of you guys could do me he favor of copy/pasting the DIY from the link in the other thread (the link to ps3blog.co.za), into this thread so that I also might be able to install the update?

I haven't got an internet connection in my cabin, so the updates will never be available for me. 👎

Are you transporting the Akavit to the equator and back?
 
Not anymore, did that on my previous job though (and it's twice across the equator).
M/V Tampa.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4370573

Now, the page the link links to, is blocked here at work (I'm on a ship), but maybe any of you guys could do me the favor of copy/pasting the DIY from the link in the other thread (the link to ps3blog.co.za), into this thread so that I also might be able to install the update?

Could someone dropping by this thread please copy the content from this link,
http://www.ps3blog.co.za/guides/how-to-download-game-patches-and-updates-via-your-pc/
to this thread?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
/sorry off topic

Are you transporting the Akavit to the equator and back?

Oh God, Akavit... I have a Swedish girlfriend and her father pours me glasses of that. :eek:

There are also about ten bottles of Glögg brewing on the counter for Christmas. 'tis the season!
 
I don't think this method is going to work for you my friend:

There are several things that you must prepare before commencing;
1)Playstation 3(of course)
2)PC with windows(no mac or penguin)
3)PS3 Proxy Server GUI (you can download here: http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/16 )
4)PS3 and PC is connected on the same router
5)Patience

I'm guessing step number 4 is where you will get stuck.
 
APOLOGIZE UP FRONT --- I think someone asked this but I can't find the post anywhere.....

My PS3 is not set up at home to the internet as I have no internet.

Does anyone know if I can download to a cd-r or dvd the content of the updates and then Upload them into the PS3???

If not....my LIFE TOTALLY IS IN SHAMBLES :lol: JK

Thanks

The only method is connect to the internet.
A friend with internet connection could be a solution, take the console a power cord and a HDMI/scart cable. Then go to is place.
You need to create a PSN account, put the game and do the update.
You will probably need and ethernet cable if you cannot connect wireless.
 
I don't think this method is going to work for you my friend:

There are several things that you must prepare before commencing;
1)Playstation 3(of course)
2)PC with windows(no mac or penguin)
3)PS3 Proxy Server GUI (you can download here: http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/16 )
4)PS3 and PC is connected on the same router
5)Patience

I'm guessing step number 4 is where you will get stuck.

So I would need to have my computer connected to the internet, while having the PS3 connected to the same router? That kind of defies the purpose of doing it in the first place. If I had internet access I wouldn't need to do it this way. :sick:

In other words it's not possible to just download the patch from the internet, and install it to the PS3 via LAN or USB?
 
Back