Downloaded this game on PS4 for $8... very impressed!

United States
United States
I never gave this game a second look, because people always said if you didn’t have a wheel to not even bother with this or project cars. I picked up project cars 2 for a few bucks and it’s fun, but you definitely do run into cars that are completely impossible to control on a ds4. I downloaded ACC at launch and love it, so I decided to pick this game up. It’s insane how much better this old game runs than ACC!

One thing I don’t like is how it feels like none of the cars have much grip in the rear. Also, some cars struggle badly to turn. I started with the special events. One of the first ones is a bmw m5. I know that car is a boat, but it literally will not turn for the multiple slow turns. I can hear the tires just screeching.

Are there some must-have controller settings for DS4?

I never gave this game a second look, because people always said if you didn’t have a wheel to not even bother with this or project cars. I picked up project cars 2 for a few bucks and it’s fun, but you definitely do run into cars that are completely impossible to control on a ds4. I downloaded ACC at launch and love it, so I decided to pick this game up. It’s insane how much better this old game runs than ACC!

One thing I don’t like is how it feels like none of the cars have much grip in the rear. Also, some cars struggle badly to turn. I started with the special events. One of the first ones is a bmw m5. I know that car is a boat, but it literally will not turn for the multiple slow turns. I can hear the tires just screeching.

These are my settings. It makes uncontrollable cars like the Toyota A86 controllable. Also in road cars that have track day tyres its worth lowering PSI 3-5 clicks.
PS_Messages_20200806_144132.jpg

The special event sounds like the M3 e92 drift at Magione (AC doesn’t have an M5). You are most likely trying to take the corner too quickly, not holding a constant throttle around the corners (they are very long at Magione) and getting on the power too quickly on corner exit.

AC is a lot closer to reality than most other titles and you really need to take that into account, as it’s not forgiving of a ‘greedy’ throttle pedal.

The special event sounds like the M3 e92 drift at Magione (AC doesn’t have an M5). You are most likely trying to take the corner too quickly, not holding a constant throttle around the corners (they are very long at Magione) and getting on the power too quickly on corner exit.

AC is a lot closer to reality than most other titles and you really need to take that into account, as it’s not forgiving of a ‘greedy’ throttle pedal.
This is one of the first challenges on the first page. I’ll check the title when I get home, but it was a hot lap that you needed to complete in around 1:30.

This is one of the first challenges on the first page. I’ll check the title when I get home, but it was a hot lap that you needed to complete in around 1:30.
Yep, that's the one, I gave it a go again last night, it's the M3 E92 drift car.

Hi,
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am also new to AC, just tried it yesterday. I am experiencing the same as the OP. On my first attempt with the Fiat 500, the car seemed so twitchy and uncontrollable. I tried the settings above, but I'm not sure which setting would lower the "twitchy-ness". And this was the introductory car......

I'm also playing on a DS4.

BUT, AC is something that I want to get more into. Coming from the Pcars series, I never tried AC - until now. I want to experience the same as everyone else who raves about this series. It's just going to take getting used to.

Hi,
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am also new to AC, just tried it yesterday. I am experiencing the same as the OP. On my first attempt with the Fiat 500, the car seemed so twitchy and uncontrollable. I tried the settings above, but I'm not sure which setting would lower the "twitchy-ness". And this was the introductory car......

I'm also playing on a DS4.

BUT, AC is something that I want to get more into. Coming from the Pcars series, I never tried AC - until now. I want to experience the same as everyone else who raves about this series. It's just going to take getting used to.
They all affect the twitchyness to a degree. Use my settings above and just adjust one setting to see how it affects the steering. Raising steering filter also slows the steering down.

Back