Downloading midway through a data refresh.

England
Essex
CWM_StormPacer
Hi guys and gals,

I don't have a landline where I live, so my data reliance is on my phone's tethering; meaning I have a limit of 30GB allowance to other devices.

I'm trying to figure out if I could chain the data left over from my current month's allowance into next month's allowance without stopping the download or running out midway through.

The way data refreshes, would this actually work?

I want to know because I'm hoping to do this when I know major updates come out for some of the games I play or plan to play in future... or for games I wish to download off Steam.

Best thing to do is do a download manager, this way you can pause the download and restart it later.

Steam has a download manager built in you just need to pause the download and set the patch update to manual instead of automatic.

Best thing to do is do a download manager, this way you can pause the download and restart it later.
Steam allows for that using the Pause function.

I appreciate the feedback, but it doesn't answer the question.

Hi guys and gals,

I don't have a landline where I live, so my data reliance is on my phone's tethering; meaning I have a limit of 30GB allowance to other devices.

I'm trying to figure out if I could chain the data left over from my current month's allowance into next month's allowance without stopping the download or running out midway through.

The way data refreshes, would this actually work?

You need to talk to your mobile provider. The allowance cutoff will most likely be a very specific time/date so theoretically you could start a 4-hour update 2 hours before the cutoff point and get 2 hours from each allowance... but that'd be a very hit and miss approach.

Are there no wireless broadband providers in your area or any under-used phone boxes that you could tether to?

Back