Downloading Premium Cars is Imminent

amigo8833
We can't dupe cars of over 1m between accounts anymore. To some, it's bad news. On the other hand, cars become much more valuable than before because you have to get it on your own. Actually, the patch 1.07 paves the way for PD to allow users to buy premium cars (previously it may be standard cars) from PSN - disallowing gifting cars of over 1 m just means protection for prospective buyers as well as PD itself because if one buyer purchase a premium car, he/she can't dupe and anyone who wants to get a paid preimum car will have to buy himself. I guess downloading preimum cars is imminent. Mind you, I'm pretty sure it's paid service. I've just put in my two cents' worth. What's your view, dude?

PS: Thanks for your replies. Yes, downloadable cars have already existed and can't be traded. At the same time, if one can't trade, he have to grind for hours to get his favorite cars or buy them straight from PSN to save time. Many people need to work for long hours and they might think immediate purchase is better than grinding. Patch v 1.07 still has the effect on that.

Last edited:
You can't gift DLC cars anyway, you need the DLC installed in the game data on your PS3 to activate them. It's totally irrelevant.

Hmm... Would be interesting to see if PD implemented this in the future, and what they might do with it too.

If it is paid for DLC I see no point in it as I use the Bumper Cam.

This, of course, means the game will need to distinguish between a Standard and a Premium version of the same car for every Online race, which sounds like a recipe for problems.

I thought that originally, but then realized that you can't trade dlc. Then that got me thinking about the GT club that has been mentioned. Perhaps we will be able to win exclusive cars with that and they don't want people to be trading those cars. 💡

Just a thought.

You can't gift DLC cars anyway, you need the DLC installed in the game data on your PS3 to activate them. It's totally irrelevant.

This, actually. I'm not entirely sure, but DLC may fall under this.

I have the Collector's Edition and I'm forbidden from trading any of my Chrome Line cars or even getting rid of them. Once they're loaded into your garage, they're there forever.

1 - "Downloadable" cars already exist. The Stealth and Chrome cars. (It's actually an unlock key but it's all the same to the point I'm about to make)
2- Those cars can't be gifted.
3- If DLC is to come it will be like those.
4- So, v1.07 changed nothing.

You need the cars loaded into the game whether you get them or not. But it does make sense. They could start putting new cars in starting any time and they don't want 10 million un-earned cars like the X1.

This, actually. I'm not entirely sure, but DLC may fall under this.

I have the Collector's Edition and I'm forbidden from trading any of my Chrome Line cars or even getting rid of them. Once they're loaded into your garage, they're there forever.

Same for me with my Stealth cars, I can't trade them.

1 - "Downloadable" cars already exist. The Stealth and Chrome cars. (It's actually an unlock key but it's all the same to the point I'm about to make)
2- Those cars can't be gifted.
3- If DLC is to come it will be like those.
4- So, v1.07 changed nothing.

Thanks, I see your points. I concur with you. At the same time, if one can't trade, he have to grind for hours to get his favorite cars or buy them straight from PSN to save time. Many people need to work for long hours and they might think immediate purchase is better than grinding. Patch v 1.07 still has the effect on that.

Last edited:
We can't dupe cars of over 1m between accounts anymore. To some, it's bad news. On the other hand, cars become much more valuable than before because you have to get it on your own. Actually, the patch 1.07 paves the way for PD to allow users to buy premium cars (previously it may be standard cars) from PSN - disallowing gifting cars of over 1 m just means protection for prospective buyers as well as PD itself because if one buyer purchase a premium car, he/she can't dupe and anyone who wants to get a paid preimum car will have to buy himself. I guess downloading preimum cars is imminent. Mind you, I'm pretty sure it's paid service. I've just put in my two cents' worth. What's your view, dude?

So, are you saying that PD is going to charge real money for cars already in the game, for the privilege of trading.duping/etc.?

If I have it understood right it presents an interesting concept, to be sure...

I call bs on this, in terms of scanning/rendering/processing cars, PD is doing nothing at the moment, also, the patch is actually irrelevant to whether or not they are, the gift ban just stops people from giving each other the 'easy ride' in the game.

Stephen220378
Same for me with my Stealth cars, I can't trade them.

Why would you want to trade your stealth cars anyways? I don't get why people would want to give away a stealth car...

PS: Thanks for your replies. Yes, downloadable cars have already existed and can't be traded. At the same time, if one can't trade, he have to grind for hours to get his favorite cars or buy them straight from PSN to save time. Many people need to work for long hours and they might think immediate purchase is better than grinding. Patch v 1.07 still has the effect on that.

Why would any body pay for dlc on this unfinished wanabe sim racer

I think it's just an attempt to get the duping under control. A temporary solution to the problem while they try to figure out a better permanent solution. Trading 1m+ cars isn't gone forever.

Interesting thread but i'm not sure the Stealth and Chromeline cars were ever DLC, I do have two stealths but can't remember if there was a file I had to download, or if it simply unlocked them on the disc. I think the latter is more likely.

Future premium upgrades/new cars/whatever will obviously be DLC, not something unlocked on the disc, so i'm not sure anyone should be comparing future DLC to stealths/chromelines.

Interesting thread but i'm not sure the Stealth and Chromeline cars were ever DLC, I do have two stealths but can't remember if there was a file I had to download, or if it simply unlocked them on the disc. I think the latter is more likely.

Future premium upgrades/new cars/whatever will obviously be DLC, not something unlocked on the disc, so i'm not sure anyone should be comparing future DLC to stealths/chromelines.

Why not? it works in virtually the same way, you still need the DLC to be installed in the game data on your PS3 to use them regardless of whether the DLC is an unlock key or actual car data. Stealth cars were and are DLC, have a look in XMB>Account Management>Transaction Management>Download List you'll find the stealth cars there as a PSN download.

Has there been a single word about ANY dlc cars? I mean from PD themselves? I hear a ton of chatter about DLC back and forth about theories and how it will be done and whether it should be free or not but never a peep from PD on this. I don't think PD has plans for any dlc any time soon, if at all. (Could be good or bad depending on your point of view)

Back