Downshift noob needs advice

• Thread starter RaceFuchs
  • 1 comments
Germany
Near Nürburgring
DanPrez
Hello guys, i recently bought a TH8A shifter for my TGT in Assetto Corsa. I was planing using the shifter for all the vintage cars. However, there is some sort of problem i dont really understand. I suppose its not an AC related issue, but it didnt happened in GT Sport or Raceroom.

When i am approaching a corner, i will hit the brake pedal and using my clutch to downshift. However, when im doing this, i hear that nasty sound from the gearbox (?) and i cant switch to the desired lower gear. I have selected the lower gear with my TH8A but the game says i am in "N" aka neutral. It seems the ingame gearbox is taking damage when this happens. When i hit the gas, the game will notice i am actually in the lower gear, but often not right away.

Basically, the game prevents me from shifting down properly. This happens with and without auto clutch and auto blip.

I guess im doing something wrong here? Surprising since im driving manual cars in reallife without these issues. By the way, this happens in every car in AC, the old ones as well as the newer ones like the Boxster...

Last edited:
Looks like the issue is only happening with auto clutch. With auto clutch off and driving all manually, downshifting isnt a problem. I guess the games auto clutch is somewhat broken/unreliable.

Latest Posts

Back