dows anyone really have room for a...

  • Thread starter Thread starter EK9 obsessed
  • 14 comments
  • 1,288 views

Wheel or controller?

  • Wheel

    Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Controller

    Votes: 13 25.5%

  • Total voters
    51
Messages
18
Messages
Carn1f3x---
Vision Racer? Seems a bit over the top. Although i use the controller to do my driving. How popular are the wheel and pedals?
 
It's possible to beat everything in GT5 with a controller but its a lot easier with a wheel. I dont use the Vision Racer though, just the new Thrustmaster wheel/pedals.
 
I guess the majority of people on here are "hardcore" - yet, I've just started using a wheel for example. Playing GT since the very first day of GT1, tho.
 
Wheel makes the game infinatetly better.
 
Wheel makes the game infinatetly better.

Playing GT5 with a controller is like listening to a movie without looking at the screen. You're only getting half of the experience.
 
I love my Logitech driving force. I've had it since PS2 and am so stoked that PS3 allows it to be used! The reason I love it is the shifting paddles allow for manual gearing but don't force you to take your hands off the wheel or lose acc. time in neutral (with the exception of whatever natural shift time your car takes based on tuning).

At first I wanted the shift knob but after playing a while with the paddles I really see the benefit to drivers who want to drive more accurately and shift quickly.

My one issue is that occasionally it starts to screw up with the force feedback/internal belts. Not sure if anyone else has this issue but I still have enjoyed it and put a hurting on it over time. Still works mostly like a dream.

Plus it was infinitely less expensive than GT official products.
 
you must get a wheel if you want to enjoy this game to its fullest.
and once you go wheel, you'll never go back
 
Get yourself a Driving Force GT (very good and inexpensive wheel) and a Wheel Stand Pro (nicely built metal stand). For a total of around 250-280 US dollars (maybe cheaper on Ebay) you can have a great, affordable, and compact setup that you will be able to use for a long time down the road. It works for other racing games as well.
 
I've got a VisionRacer rig in my room. It's absolutely awesome :D Shame they're so expensive, but I got my boss to pay for mine :D
 
holy mackeral, i didnt expect this many responses, expecially everyone using the wheel. I will be looking for one. Anyone selling one by any chance?
 
holy mackeral, i didnt expect this many responses, expecially everyone using the wheel. I will be looking for one. Anyone selling one by any chance?

Depends where you're based. US? UK? Europe? Australia? etc etc
 
A wheel makes any racing game better! Even arcade racers like GRID. If you primarily use a gamepad it will certainly take some adjustments to using a wheel., but you will without a doubt (in time) see an improvement in your lap times and overall driving ability.

I have both the PS3 and XBox 360 (all I do is race on both systems too). I currently use the MS Racing Wheel for my Xbox (not the best.., but does a great job for Forza, Race Pro, GRID, NFS-Shift, and Dirt-2).

I don't have a wheel for my PS3 yet.., but will be retiring my MS Wheel to get the new Fanatec GT-2 with ClubSport Pedals. That wheel is compatible with both the PS3 and the XBox 360 (but it's expensive as all hell......) The wheel alone is $250.., then add another $199 for the pedals...
 
So everyone loves GT5 because they use the wheel but moan for little things which 99% of GT5 players really dont care about and get on with the game 👍
 
Back