DR cap increased from 75k to 100k

• Thread starter GT Sport
  • 17 comments
Greece
Earth
Dstinct_Marti
Hello everyone,

I was expecting to see a thread about this, but there isn't one so far, so I did it.
Half an hour ago, at 12am (UTC), GT Sport saw a 25.000 increase to its Driver Rating cap, topping it to 100.000 from the previous 75.000 limit.
newrating.png

A 75.000 DR driver will notice in their in-game profile, that their DR bar is now halfway through the end. Which means, the start of the A+ level remains at 50.000 and caps at 100.000 as mentioned above.

Who do you think will be the very first driver to hit the 100k DR limit?
What do you think about this addition?:odd:

Thanks @GT5Power for the pic!:cheers:

Probably a good thing to have some difference in DR between the truly elite TRL LIGHTNING level drivers and the mere professional videogamer R4M_Shadow.

If DR is being increased that means the top split FIA lobbies will be worth more points and the gap to the 2nd tier increased. That is a good step towards only the best drivers getting the top positions. Ideally in the future only the top race will score any points and the rest of us can just have fun races.

Well, let's see if that will change the matchmaking a bit. What I don't like is the strange distribution of the skill ratings, I mean

0-5K - D
5K-10K - C
10K-30K - B
30K-50K - A
and now 50K-100K - A+

doesn't sound really ok

One of the best decisions PD could do, finally. It should have been added a Long Time ago.
I‘m happy that the real Top Players are getting a new Challenge and guess that it Might bring back some intensity to daily/fia Races.
Good Choice PD, thumbs up 👍

This is a good move without doubt and will highlight the gap between the very good and the elite. Anyone else think the dailies will have plenty of the elite guys in over the next couple of weeks to push their rating towards 100k?!

Maybe now it will become something like:
50k - 75k - A+
75k - 100k - S
Isn't it?
S is only a reward role obtained if you are top 200 players on your region, or the top 10 players in your country.
So don't get mistaken by seeing the S in the picture. A DR A driver can also get the Star rating.

I don't understand how this will make Daily Races better. They will still be very risky if you like your DR.

From experience, when you are over 70k driver rating, and there are no other A+ drivers in the race, then you might gain less than 50 DR from winning the race. But if you get torpedoed and finish last, you can drop over 2000 DR in a single race.

Don't see how that will be any better when you have people at DR 90k doing Daily races.

if a lot of high ranked Player do the dailies, this is not the case. Especially in Europe the Median DR in Lobbys will be high enough to be worth the Risk :D

I think it's going to be very hard to get to 100k from daily races, as I think you don't gain any DR from drivers in the lobby who are more than 40k below your DR? Obviously it will be possible to do it in FIA top split races, but only if you can finish in the top half more than the bottom half. If an FIA top split driver gets a DR reset I imagine they're going to be extremely unhappy at how hard it will be to get back to >90k if that's what it's going to take now to get into FIA top split.

Damn I was happy that my bar was nearly half way up A+. That was my personal goal. Now it's only a quarter or something. Doubt I'll ever be able to mix it with A+ drivers again to get more points as I'm a wheel noob now.

Thanks PD!

I don't understand how this will make Daily Races better. They will still be very risky if you like your DR.

From experience, when you are over 70k driver rating, and there are no other A+ drivers in the race, then you might gain less than 50 DR from winning the race. But if you get torpedoed and finish last, you can drop over 2000 DR in a single race.

Don't see how that will be any better when you have people at DR 90k doing Daily races.

Oh man, imagine if someone gets a DR reset from 90k. It can happen in one race now with how quickly you can lose SR.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back