DR Help / Insight into the following...

United Kingdom
Epping Forest
Hi,

For a good few weeks, probably more, SR S and DR a notch into rating B (1/10th progress approx). Progress in DR stagnant due to not competing.

2 days ago, 3 races, 1st race four positions gained, 2nd 2 positions gained, 3rd race dropped 5 positions and came in last but one having been rammed off the road.

Immediately after my DR dropped into C by a third (SR still S), i.e 2/3rds progression showing.

Can someone explain how this is possible.

What's more raced twice today, 1st race poled 12th finished 5th, 2nd race poled 9th finished 7th. DR no progress.

Feeling a little hard done by to be honest, so if anyone could educate me why the hefty drop in DR is plausible I'd be grateful.

Many thanks.

Hi,

For a good few weeks, probably more, SR S and DR a notch into rating B (1/10th progress approx). Progress in DR stagnant due to not competing.

2 days ago, 3 races, 1st race four positions gained, 2nd 2 positions gained, 3rd race dropped 5 positions and came in last but one having been rammed off the road.

Immediately after my DR dropped into C by a third (SR still S), i.e 2/3rds progression showing.

Can someone explain how this is possible.

What's more raced twice today, 1st race poled 12th finished 5th, 2nd race poled 9th finished 7th. DR no progress.

Feeling a little hard done by to be honest, so if anyone could educate me why the hefty drop in DR is plausible I'd be grateful.

Many thanks.
Only your finishing position matters. How many places you gain is irrelevant.

You take DR from people you beat and lose it to people who beat you. If you finish ahead of more people than finish ahead of you, you will likely gain DR, while having more finishing ahead of you than behind will likely result in a loss of DR.

There's a "but" to that, as the amount gained/lost is proportional to the difference in DR between you. You will lose more DR to people who beat you if their DR at the start of the race was lower than yours, and gain more from people you beat if their DR at the start of the race was higher than yours.

Ultimately though, in all but some occasional circumstances, you'll gain DR by finishing in the top third, lose it by finishing in the bottom third, and will largely remain the same in the middle third.

One exception is Daily Race A which, almost exclusively for a year now, does not affect DR or SR.

Back