DR rating per Class

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ginger yido
  • 4 comments
  • 747 views

Different DR rating for Car class?

  • No. It’s fine as is

    Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Yes. DR rating for each class

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yes. DR for different categories. Ex: GT/Road/Super formula

    Votes: 2 15.4%

  • Total voters
    13
Messages
251
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
yido
with the introduction of the new rules in GT sport, its seems it’s become more imperative that you really have a handle on the car and track your racing in.

I usually race GR3 and GR4 and noticed how far off the pace I am when I drive in the GR1 category. I think I’d be more inclined to race in these if a new I wouldn’t be 5 odd sec of the pace.

Is this just me being rubbish :) or do other people tend to stick to one category.
 
Am I getting this right that you want the DR to be split into multiple DRs?

Example:
Gr.4 DR:A
Gr.3 DR:B
Gr.1 DR:C

It maybe would make thing easier but once you think about it a bit more it‘ll make the system even more complex and game-able for tryhards.
 
I was suggesting, You would start in the bottom tier in each category and work your way up according to the amount you race in either category.

So it could be

GR.4 DR:A
GR.3 DR:A
GR.X DR:C

Edit: lol I think that’s what you where saying :)
 
Last edited:
I was suggesting, You would start in the bottom tier in each category and work your way up according to the amount you race in either category.

So it could be

GR.4 DR:A
GR.3 DR:A
GR.X DR:C

Edit: lol I think that’s what you where saying :)


I think that’s a good idea, however, I doubt there’s enough people to make the matchmaking system work properly, most of the time you would be racing mixed DR grids, which would cause points headaches where you could win and lose points theoretically
 
I agree with this... I don't enter any Gr. 1 races as I am not good enough with them and will just end up losing my overall DR if I do. But I woul like to race them against similarly (un)skilled opposition...

The only problem is 'gr. x'... you can't be "good" or "bad" with group x as the cars vary so much.
 
Back