DR/SR Match Making, and help

• Thread starter Lock810
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
Anyone else having issues with much higher DR/SR drivers in their races on daily races?

Today has been horrible, as I'm trying to get better in this bumper car fest. I really want to enjoy playing GT-S. I was a C/S driver and now down to D/B due to some real idiots either bumping me off on last lap or nose diving into me knocking me out of contention. Seems like small bumps from behind is now a tactic people are using to nudge you off and they eat the slight penalty. Just seems so much worse since last update, now drivers are much more aggressive and it's not even remotely enjoyable the way I'm being matched. I'm being consistently matched against much better drivers. Every race the top 5 or 6 drivers are much higher rated and more experienced and just pull away.

I really want to enjoy this game but just seems like it's going backwards. I am not a great driver and understand it takes time to move up and get better, just impossible when I'm consistently matched against drivers with much higher skill leaving me in the bumper car arcade mentality drivers. I felt like I was moving in the right direction but I'm about to throw in the towel as of late. Now, I don't even want to play because I'm getting hit and then hitting other drivers and ruining their experience and that's the last thing I want to do. Have I made mistakes, yes. However, everyone is so much more aggressive now it's hard not to.

Any advice anyone would like to share to get better would be great. I've done all single player modes with gold on everything except the time challenges, those are a mix of gold, silver and bronze but all completed. 80ish arcade races completed, most with gold up to endurance (haven't tried yet). I've never tried lobby racing as I don't have any friends that play this game, I just rely on daily races.

Anyone else having issues with much higher DR/SR drivers in their races on daily races?

Today has been horrible, as I'm trying to get better in this bumper car fest. I really want to enjoy playing GT-S. I was a C/S driver and now down to D/B due to some real idiots either bumping me off on last lap or nose diving into me knocking me out of contention. Seems like small bumps from behind is now a tactic people are using to nudge you off and they eat the slight penalty. Just seems so much worse since last update, now drivers are much more aggressive and it's not even remotely enjoyable the way I'm being matched. I'm being consistently matched against much better drivers. Every race the top 5 or 6 drivers are much higher rated and more experienced and just pull away.

I really want to enjoy this game but just seems like it's going backwards. I am not a great driver and understand it takes time to move up and get better, just impossible when I'm consistently matched against drivers with much higher skill leaving me in the bumper car arcade mentality drivers. I felt like I was moving in the right direction but I'm about to throw in the towel as of late. Now, I don't even want to play because I'm getting hit and then hitting other drivers and ruining their experience and that's the last thing I want to do. Have I made mistakes, yes. However, everyone is so much more aggressive now it's hard not to.

Any advice anyone would like to share to get better would be great. I've done all single player modes with gold on everything except the time challenges, those are a mix of gold, silver and bronze but all completed. 80ish arcade races completed, most with gold up to endurance (haven't tried yet). I've never tried lobby racing as I don't have any friends that play this game, I just rely on daily races.

Do you play on DS4 or with a wheel? I can recommend trying out public lobbies away from GT sport mode for a start. This would help gain confidence plus you'll meet new people too.

Try learning the tracks and work on improving your corner entries and exits with better times on the circuit challenges also. Utilise all of the track also with being smooth in your inputs. Little nudges to steering in the game cost speed.

Have a look through this thread too. Some great advice here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tips-for-the-beginner.379951/

Do you play on DS4 or with a wheel? I can recommend trying out public lobbies away from GT sport mode for a start. This would help gain confidence plus you'll meet new people too.

Try learning the tracks and work on improving your corner entries and exits with better times on the circuit challenges also. Utilise all of the track also with being smooth in your inputs. Little nudges to steering in the game cost speed.

Have a look through this thread too. Some great advice here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tips-for-the-beginner.379951/

I am using DS4 now but have a T150 wheel with pedal upgrades and racing seat that I'll start using again in a few weeks. In process of moving and had to put it away for a bit.

I try to mix it up for tracks but maybe I should just run each one over and over. My consistency for an entire race would probably benefit a great deal. I'll try to check it some lobby play around my skill level. Thanks for response.

I am using DS4 now but have a T150 wheel with pedal upgrades and racing seat that I'll start using again in a few weeks. In process of moving and had to put it away for a bit.

I try to mix it up for tracks but maybe I should just run each one over and over. My consistency for an entire race would probably benefit a great deal. I'll try to check it some lobby play around my skill level. Thanks for response.

That's great to hear. Consistency definitely helps with sport mode and you'll go past the faster guys who crash for sure. My T150 is coming on Friday here. Can't wait! You're welcome :cheers:

Playing later at nigh usually helps in getting cleaner races. Not too late though because then matchmaking is starved of entries. In my experience 9pm to 2am EST is the best time to race. (Mixed with 6pm to 11pm west coast)

The daily C is also a better place to find more relaxed racing. Sprint races are sometimes very desperate affairs.

Back