Dr. Strangegrip, or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Red Bull.

• Thread starter LM7325
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
LM7325
So level 30 is coming up for me again, that means the evil Red Bull event will pop into the Special section. Last time this happened I was totally unprepared, spent hours of anguish not understanding the car at all. This time I have a plan. I have XL edition, that means I have a 2011 X1 prototype from the start in my garage. The plan is simple enough, tear through already completed events earning cash and XP while slowly learning how to tame this wild animal. I am keeping the car at stock settings on purpose also.

So, here in a few days we shall see if training myself this way will pay off. I am practicing on Nurb GP here and there too. Watch out Sebastian, I'm coming for you...

Update: Still level 27, didn't realize how slow the levels come at this stage without the 200% login and seasonals of days past. No matter, I found some nice 10 lap stages of Suzuka and Monza to grind away on. Suzuka is proving a tough nut to crack at these speeds. Monza is a
breeze comparably.

Last edited:
I'm at level 22 now, having started again recently without any online help (obviously).
I don't think I'll be doing the Red Bull special events this time though - they kinda ruin the game for me. Every other car feels bizarrely slow after driving just a few laps with that lunatic.

That is what I did, started from scratch again. The first thing I did was hit the licences. I need to go back and try to gold them all still. Right now they are all silver. Then I tore into the challenges.
I have gold on all except the last AMG intermediate. Oddly the rain stages came easier than the dry ones. I just want to complete the challenge.

Been being lazy and building up a B-Spec squad to get those prize cars too. The Red Bull helps there immensely. Not that my guys can't drive, I just hate having to prod them on constantly.

Edit: The slowing back down to normal car speeds does feel weird, I have figured out a way to help that in a way. The Daihatsu you win for B license silver can win the Kei car races all stock. So I do one race and then sense of speed is back in balance lol

Last edited:
I can't bare to go through B-Spec. The fact they get twice as many laps as we do in each race (except endurance) is really annoying. I have no interest sitting watching some idiot constantly dither around tracks doing his level best to throw away huge (what should be race-winning) leads.

Drives me insane, no pun intended.

EDIT: I *might* go through the bare minimum B-Spec races to win the Premium prize cars. That Zonda R for the world championship is extremely tempting. I don't want to buy it when funds have to be budgeted very wisely with no log-in bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have learned to run cars that will stay ahead even if Bob cools down all the way. An X1 and an ice cold tempered driver are a great combo.

The AI seem to all be max level cold nature. They take forever to cool down. Plus PD puts ringer cars at the back of the field on many races. It keeps the drivers hot by them coming through.

I watched a hell of a battle between a W12 Nardo and McLaren F1 at La Sarthe instead of my driver who was all alone up front recently. McLaren just barely edged it out in the end. Much more interesting than watching bob lap alone.

I've decided I'm going to run B-Spec beside me in the evenings when the wife is in bed (my racing set up is in the room below our bedroom so I don't race myself).
Given that i'm only doing it for credits and prize cars, I have no interest in fair races so I'm giving him vastly superior cars. But Bob still makes a race out of it by being so horribly bloody awful.

He's driving a C63 AMG '08 in the European Hot hatch series here. Struggling to win against Minis and 206's :banghead:
What a total plum.

You think that is funny? I used the XJR-9 for supercar. At La Sarthe the McLaren and Nardo were gaining on Bob at the end. In his defense the car does drive quite awful on sports tires. Still he had the whole 8km straight on them when I stopped prodding him on to see what the rest of the field were up to.

Same driver won Historic Race cars with the Toyota 7 first time, and Nascar was easy for him too with good set-ups. But I have to be there constantly micro managing his every move.

Just about ready to go after Sebastian lol. I will probably settle for bronze, just depends on how it goes really.

I managed to get the cars I was after through the night.
Ferrari F40, Zonda R, Shelby Cobra, Mazda Furai and a couple more. I regularly stay up all night and B-Spec is the perfect thing to have running on the side while I'm busy with other things.

Most infuriating part is having to tell a "racing driver" to put his foot down on the straights :mad:

Back