Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance! (Garage) /// Tomahawk X VGT - 600PP (RH & IM, max power)

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 14 comments

dr_slump

Premium
Switzerland
Switzerland
the_dr_slump / GTP_dr_slump
Ambulance2.jpg

Hello everyone, this is my tuning garage (once again)!
I like to tune difficult or unusual cars and try to make them easier to drive and faster at the same time.

(Click on any of the car names / links to see the tune)

Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT - 600PP, Racing Hard, max power - PATCHED 1.15+

Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT - 600PP, Racing Intermediate, max power - PATCHED 1.15+

All tunes are done with wheel and mostly without driving aids, except ABS.
If you're in trouble with one of my tunes, simply ask me.
Enjoy!​

Last edited:
Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT - 600PP, Racing Hard, max power - PATCHED 1.15+

DOES NO LONGER WORK, Performance Points were patched with update 1.15.

Full power, no weight, >600km/h with fuel setting 6
For Tokyo WTC 600 (>3 Million credits per hour), after patch 1.13.
Only few changes compared to the IM tune, copy the settings as a baseline if already available.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220426212159.png

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220426212210.png

Not many tuning parts available, LSD is the only needed part as far as I remember.
Oil, engine and chassis in excellent condition.

Notes:
Transmission

First few gears will reset if too far apart, keep adjusting by maxing 3rd, then 2nd, then 1st, then repeat.
Last few gears can be changed if needed for different fuel efficiency settings.
  • 1st: Needed for performance points
  • 2nd: Needed for performance points
  • 3rd: Needed for performance points
  • 4th: Needed for performance points
  • 5th: Adjustable
  • 6th: Adjustable
  • 7th: Adjustable
  • Final Gear: Needed for performance points

LSD
If performance points are just a few tenths too high for some reason, adjust initial and acceleration to following numbers.
If the car feels too loose, increase initial torque (lowers performance points).
  • Initial Torque : 10
  • Acceleration : 54
  • Braking : Adjustable

Brakes
Front bias is recommended for tire wear
  • Brake Balance -5

Tires
(Racing Soft available during pit stop)
  • Racing Hard

Last edited:
Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT - 600PP, Racing Intermediate, max power - PATCHED 1.15+

DOES NO LONGER WORK, Performance Points were patched with update 1.15.

Full power, no weight, >600km/h with fuel setting 6
For Tokyo WTC 600 (>3 Million credits per hour), after patch 1.13.
Only few changes compared to the RH tune, copy the settings as a baseline if already available.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220429204443.png

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220429204452.png

Not many tuning parts available, LSD is the only needed part as far as I remember.

Notes:
Transmission

First few gears will reset if too far apart, keep adjusting by maxing 3rd, then 2nd, then 1st, then repeat.
Last few gears can be changed if needed for different fuel efficiency settings. 7th gear is likely a bit too short if using aggressive fuel settings.
  • 1st: Needed for performance points
  • 2nd: Needed for performance points
  • 3rd: Needed for performance points
  • 4th: Needed for performance points
  • 5th: Adjustable
  • 6th: Adjustable
  • 7th: Adjustable
  • Final Gear: Needed for performance points

LSD
If the car feels too loose, increase initial torque (lowers performance points).
  • Initial Torque : 10
  • Acceleration : 54
  • Braking : Adjustable

Brakes
Front bias is recommended for tire wear
  • Brake Balance -5

Tires
(Racing Hard & Racing Soft available during pit stop)
  • Racing Intermediate

Tokyo WTC 600 Strategy
Start is on Racing Intermediate tires.
I'd recommend not using too much fuel as the rear tires wear out rather quickly and it requires a longer pit stop by refueling.
Pit around lap 4-5, depending on tire wear and traffic, switch to Racing Hard tires (Soft wear too quickly) and refuel according to your fuel strategy.

Last edited:
@Raikku
Strange, are you sure you selected the right tires and that the transmission didn't reset any of the gears (it likes to do so)?
Did you notice sudden jumps in PP while adjusting settings (e.g by moving ride height a few clicks)? If not, it most likely is the transmission or perhaps even the wrong Tomahawk?
Ps4 user btw?

@Raikku
Strange, are you sure you selected the right tires and that the transmission didn't reset any of the gears (it likes to do so)?
Did you notice sudden jumps in PP while adjusting settings (e.g by moving ride height a few clicks)? If not, it most likely is the transmission or perhaps even the wrong Tomahawk?
Ps4 user btw?
I ended up setting the rear dampening ratio to 28 instead of 27 shown in dr_slump's image and got 591.06pp

Hello dr_slump , so good to see back in GT7 , a lot of rmemories about the GT tuning old times. Welcome back. Have a good a night.

I can't get the RH tune to work. I get a ! As my pp. I can get to 616pp by upping the rear damping ratio to 29 but that's it. I've been running another tune with 91% power for IM tyres but wearing them out after the first few wet laps is painful. The game won't let me switch from IM tyres in this race after the 1.13 patch. Am I missing something there?

EDIT: never mind. I missed the rear damping ratio setting being set down to 39 from 40 base.

Last edited:
Hi there, not sure what I’m missing but… I managed to tune the Dodge to 600pp once. Next time I went to the car it had reverted to over 1200. I’ve watched several videos and changed the settings accordingly, but I cannot get it back to 600. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance

Hi there, not sure what I’m missing but… I managed to tune the Dodge to 600pp once. Next time I went to the car it had reverted to over 1200. I’ve watched several videos and changed the settings accordingly, but I cannot get it back to 600. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
PD patched it. I found it fun for a few times, but there are more enjoyable ways to earn credits. I love tuning up road cars for LeMans 700, you can actually play with all your cars!

Managed to get it down to 612pp at the moment, update 1.15, on CH tyres tho.

Anyone else had any luck getting it near to 600pp?

Attachments

• received_905505250312508.jpeg
    received_905505250312508.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 34
Hello dr_slump , so good to see back in GT7 , a lot of rmemories about the GT tuning old times. Welcome back. Have a good a night.
Thanks, although remembering GT5 can be rather saddening when comparing it to GT7's current state.
My initial goal for this garage was to actually create proper tunes. Sadly, shortly after I realised just how broken the PP system is and how it encourages creating broken tunes with the single purpose of optimising Performance Points. It systematically punishes players for tuning with intention of improving handling / performance, which is absurd and totally against the spirit of tuning in my opinion.
Thanks in advance
Sorry, have been absent for a while. Sadly it does no longer work, I'll mark the listed tunes as patched.
Managed to get it down to 612pp at the moment, update 1.15, on CH tyres tho.

Anyone else had any luck getting it near to 600pp?
600.01PP is the lowest I've seen on Tomahawk X with CH tires, but even with assists on it is a horrendous drive and doesn't really make sense to use.
600.01PP might actually be a hard limit for the Tomahawk X, not sure. Perhaps one of the 850PP, 900PP events such as Sardegna might be more realistic to gain access to, no guarantees though.

Last edited:
Back