Drafts

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 8 comments
Hello, I once had some stuff on drafts because I didn't have time to put them somewhere else. I just remembered and I can't seem to find them anymore even though I saved them, unless I deleted them accidentally. Why can't I find them anymore, can anyone see what content is on drafts (and if found offensive can draft be removed), is there any way to view them.

I also reinstalled Google Chrome twice on 2 different pcs. I know that one time I lost adblock because I had to clean browser of some appareant virus. I can't remember the reason for 2nd reinstall. Also I didn't touch most of those drafts for long time besides few times that are rare.

I should have thought before to move those drafts somewhere else like word document.

Last edited:
I think they just automatically get erased after so much time has passed. It has happened to me before too.

You know when you haven't visited a thread in a long time and it takes you to the beginning rather than "new" posts? I think that may be the same time frame that it automatically erases a draft.

That is my only logical thoughts as it seemed to be that way for me.

Yes, drafts are stored on the server for 30 days before they are automatically deleted.

Yes, drafts are stored on the server for 30 days before they are automatically deleted.
I find it wierd then, because i had a small draft at one thread I wanted to finish later and it got deleted way earlier I think.
Yet another draft lasted a bit longer than 30 days although I edited it. I wonder if a draft isn't edited for 30 days it's deleted although I think but not sure that I edited and it got removed earlier.

On the topic of drafts, is there a way to delete them manually? I often quote someone with the intention of replying to them later but then decide against it. I sometimes accidently end up pressing the 'Post Reply' button on my phone with the draft still stored in the reply box.

On the topic of drafts, is there a way to delete them manually? I often quote someone with the intention of replying to them later but then decide against it. I sometimes accidently end up pressing the 'Post Reply' button on my phone with the draft still stored in the reply box.
TB
Tap/click the floppy disk icon then Delete Draft.
For some reason that has not worked for me in the past. I have not tried deleting a draft lately, but I used to have to delete all that was typed and then click "save draft."

For some reason that has not worked for me in the past. I have not tried deleting a draft lately, but I used to have to delete all that was typed and then click "save draft."
That has been the same for me before, so I use the same method of clearing the text then saving a blank draft.

That has been the same for me before, so I use the same method of clearing the text then saving a blank draft.

If you just press the the delete draft button it will delete what's saved on the server, but if you dawdle on the page too long it'll autosave what's on display again and it'll reappear when you return!
If you press delete and then exit the page quickly that will work

Or if you select and erase everything that's on screen then hit the delete button that also works.

That said, saving a blank draft does the trick too. ;)

Latest Posts

Back