Drag Cars - How to set up for quick times? Wheelie???????

• Thread starter GBWH1991
  • 8 comments

GBWH1991

Bopper
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
BopperJr
Sinner Bopper
Can anyone help me with the general setup of drag cars, FR drivetrain.

Also, how do you get a car to perform a wheelie?

I have universal settings for FF, FR, MR, and RR, which all work perfectly, and help to corner very fast with perfect balance - very little understeer, and a tiny bit of oversteer when pushed (I like the oversteer). My problem is that I can't seem to tune 4WD, as I have very little knowledge of diffs (I don't now how to spell it in full).

If anyone has a setting that will eliminate most or all understeer, could you let me know, because it is putting me off driving 4WD cars...

Last edited:
Get a Fully Customisable LSD, and Variable Centre Differential, and play with the settings and on certain cars (Evo Lancers), get the AYC and play with that too. If you can't get the VCD or AYC (ie. CZ-3), then adjust the LSD and camber/toe angle to compensate.

As a general rule, you want to get more of a FR tendancy with your 4WD and reduce the understeer as such, so a lighter amount of VCD is recommended. The other guys might have a magic formula but that's how I've seen it with tuning my 4WD's for track work. Drag it's different, I go no lower than 40/60 for better launching.

I have universal settings for FF, FR, MR, and RR, which all work perfectly, and help to corner very fast with perfect balance - very little understeer, and a tiny bit of oversteer when pushed (I like the oversteer). My problem is that I can't seem to tune 4WD, as I have very little knowledge of diffs (I don't now how to spell it in full).

If anyone has a setting that will eliminate most or all understeer, could you let me know, because it is putting me off driving 4WD cars...

Try using a harder compound in the back than in the front. For example, Sports Soft on the front and Sports Medium on the rear.

If you lower the front bias on the torque distribution, there will be less understeer, but also less front grip.

If you are equipping the front with LSD (Limited Slip), lower the Acceleration setting.

It's also a matter of driving technique. 4WD, I tend to throw into the corners a little more. They have the grip to pull out, and that helps counter oversteer.

It might also help to know which cars you might be referring to a struggling with.

Hope this helps.

The wheelie is so easy. Here's an almost guaranteed way to do it.

Get Minolta or R89C. Boost to 1200hp & add nitrous. Put rear spoiler all the way to max and no front spoiler and ballast on the rear makes it happen pretty easily too. Gear it to 300mph+ and just gun it. You can make it wheelie as early as 800m from the start at around 250mph/402kmh. I know I used to do it trying to break the 1000m record.

As for FR drag tuning, just go to my FF tuning guide and do the exact opposite for most of the things it says. Ballast on rear instead of front, same with spoiler, suspension set opposite to the FF.

OK, thanks.

Is there any way to pull a wheelie in a US Muscle car such as the Baracuda or GTO?

Back