DRAG HELP!

United States
henderson nv
shadowjw510
I'm looking to build a budget drag car for gt6 with credits being so rare I don't want to waist anything. Any advice?

You're going to need around 140k just to fully upgrade it. Look at one of the mustangs to keep your build under 200k.

First muscle I'm gonna get is that Nova.. if they built it right, it should be able to keep up with or outrun the Chevelle.

In reality its one of the best drag cars. Light and you can cram a massive motor into it. My favorite muscle car is 1968 Nova SS with 396 (1st half of the year, they switched body styles halfway through). And same here shake.

But for OP I heard the GT500 is a very good drag car, from other people. Kind of wish they had a ZL-1 so I could blow it away circuit racing.

In reality its one of the best drag cars. Light and you can cram a massive motor into it. My favorite muscle car is 1968 Nova SS with 396 (1st half of the year, they switched body styles halfway through). And same here shake.

But for OP I heard the GT500 is a very good drag car, from other people. Kind of wish they had a ZL-1 so I could blow it away circuit racing.

i very "scientifically" found that with a decent tune, the GT500 runs 9.050 w/o spray.....8.7 with spray.

I could've sworn the Nova was lighter in the game, by about 150kg. Are you sure its heavier than the Chevelle? I thought the Chevelle was 1700kg+ while the Nova was ~1550. I know with all the reductions, its around 1280ish. And the Chevelle from GT5 was over 1300 with all weight reduction.

Yes, I have the game now. And I'm building the Nova for the B Nationals while trying to get credits for other cars for it.

Edit: According to my game, Nova is 1590kg vs Chevelle at 1762kg. So it's 172kg lighter stock.

Last edited:
I could've sworn the Nova was lighter in the game, by about 150kg. Are you sure its heavier than the Chevelle? I thought the Chevelle was 1700kg+ while the Nova was ~1550. I know with all the reductions, its around 1280ish. And the Chevelle from GT5 was over 1300 with all weight reduction.

Yes, I have the game now. And I'm building the Nova for the B Nationals while trying to get credits for other cars for it.

Edit: According to my game, Nova is 1590kg vs Chevelle at 1762kg. So it's 172kg lighter stock.

yea my bad didnt really have time to check it out too many new cars lol

Good News Ford Mach 1 will smash a chevelle atm due to no Sroute x times. FORD > Chevy, if any chevy 🤬 want proof come to an Aussie lobby ill be glad to show it..
Unfortunately, that leaves the Mach 1 open to other contenders too, like the Nova. That Shelby GT500 is a beast, over 1k HP without an oil change or break in - it will be a major challenge at the strip.

Good News Ford Mach 1 will smash a chevelle atm due to no Sroute x times. FORD > Chevy, if any chevy 🤬 want proof come to an Aussie lobby ill be glad to show it..

Shouldn't the mach 1 be compared to the Nova? That's like comparing Mustang GT vs Chevy SS. Different class of cars. In reality no ford can hang with a 396 Nova SS (I'm not talking about Ford special editions either like, factory stock, or custom orders :P).

Last edited:
Oh yeah!! we should do a good old FORD vs Chevy tourney, wonder how many chevey going yome crying haha, new finding Mach 1 beat elcamino , ss nova, new corvette perfect run with FORD boss. i got all my FORDS ready rampage any Chevy by throwing a coconut at it.

Shouldn't the mach 1 be compared to the Nova? That's like comparing Mustang GT vs Chevy SS. Different class of cars. In reality no ford can hang with a 396 Nova SS (I'm not talking about Ford special editions either like, factory stock, or custom orders :P).
My dad told me lots of stories about the 70 Nova SS he had, its the 375hp version that's actually in the game. He would have lots of people challenge him when he had it parked, as soon as he started it up and they heard the solid lifters, they backed off. He ended up rolling the car a year after he got it, but said he never got beat in a street race.

Back