Drag Racing Help

• Thread starter RandomAlec
  • 10 comments
United States
Rochester, MI
RandomAlec
I've been going at it with the Compact Car Drag Rival event, which many club members do have some great times on the leaderboard for it. I've searched everywhere and even tried using tuning guides, but I just can't figure out how to drag exactly. What I mean is I think my technique is completely off. :odd:

I stopped trying after downloading a claimed 11.9 tuning setup for the VW Rabbit GTI. To say the least I was doing more of a 15 and nowhere near 11.9 obviously. In the description of the tuning setup I downloaded the creator mentions revving at 3k RPM and "spiking your gas" to get to 2.1k RPM. I have no idea what this all means, but it's probably what's causing me to get nowhere close to 11.9 time. :mad:

If anyone can please provide some quick tips on the technique of dragging I would appreciate it. I'm not asking for tuning help, just a quick technique walkthrough. I never thought it would be this complicated. :boggled:

I would like some help too, pretty much the same thing happened to me. From what I've gathered a good drag tunning setup consists of optimum suspension and gear ratio adjustments and then it's all up to the driver (how much gas on take off and when gears are changed).

You might want to check or post your drag setup questions in the tuning section of the forum 👍

Honestly I wasn't even sure where to begin and which section to post this. I'm just so lost with the drag racing haha.

If a mod can move this go ahead, hopefully it gets more responses.

No prob, If I could help you out I would but I suck at tuning. Most of my tunes come from the FM storefront. I actually found some really badass drag setups for my E39 M5 and Civic for free.

I ended up with a 370th place run last night purely by fluke. I downloaded one of the most downloaded drag setups for beating sinnermac (in fact, pretty sure that's roughly what it's called), and it really comes down to your launch. Any significant wheel spin will slow you down: it's torture, but you really have to be progressive an patient with the throttle. Luckily, with the Rabbit you don't have to worry about too much torque steer, so you can stay reasonably straight through your run as well. Experiment with launch techniques - my run was done when I actually wasn't paying much attention, since I was falling asleep :lol:

Moving to the tuning section!

I want that Star Wars themes livery. The Furai gift car/ tune is sweet but I skipped the second event cause it was drifting. I can't drag either so any help is appreciated.

Do you remember the username of the guy you bought the tune(s) from?

I ended up with a 370th place run last night purely by fluke. I downloaded one of the most downloaded drag setups for beating sinnermac (in fact, pretty sure that's roughly what it's called), and it really comes down to your launch. Any significant wheel spin will slow you down: it's torture, but you really have to be progressive an patient with the throttle. Luckily, with the Rabbit you don't have to worry about too much torque steer, so you can stay reasonably straight through your run as well. Experiment with launch techniques - my run was done when I actually wasn't paying much attention, since I was falling asleep :lol:

Moving to the tuning section!

That's my problem, now I'm trying to get it all done with manual w/ clutch which I wasn't doing it before so that's much better now. I still can't get the claimed 11.9. I'm not entirely sure how to launch in the case of drag racing, anyone care to give a quick walkthrough on how to properly launch at least so I can work from there?

Would be much appreciated...

Edit: Nevermind, just figured the madness out. Woohoo!

I want that Star Wars themes livery. The Furai gift car/ tune is sweet but I skipped the second event cause it was drifting. I can't drag either so any help is appreciated.

Do you remember the username of the guy you bought the tune(s) from?

The tune is called Beat Sinnermac, created by PAC Performance 👍

I missed out on the Furai, and it's one of my favourite race cars. The drift one was relatively easy, again, when you found a decent setup on the SF. Gotta say, having the easy access to tunes really adds another level of appeal to the game for me - it's much easier than cumbersomely changing all the values yourself.

My time's an 11.967, but I've already been bumped to 391st on the leaderboard :yuck:

Sinnermac is sitting at 12.1 even. I've found for the weekly bounties, just searching the SF for their name, then favouriting them from there, is the easiest way to keep tabs on their Rivals times 👍

Back