Drag Racing !

  • Thread starter Thread starter BUTTONJ
  • 7 comments
  • 1,279 views
Messages
18
Messages
GTP_BUTTONJ
I know we all love to race and in GT4 there was a Drag Strip !

Being bottle fed on the Strip as i grew up and eventually built a Pro Street Pop i was thrilled to see Drag Racing included in the GT Format. A 69 Dodge Charger v Ford Mustang ... Brill !

Does anyone have any news or thoughts on wether it will appear in GT5 ?

Dont get me wrong i love the roundy roundy stuff too.

Anyway there we are i,ve said it !

Bring on the 1/4 mile action and Sniff my Diff ! ( sorry, old decal )

Cheers !
 
I hope the 1/4 miles is in the real version. GT5 should make sure that every aspect of racing is involved.
 
if they dont include a drag strip you can use the staright on the nurbergring like everyone does on forza
 
I want a proper introduction to drag racing in GT5 along with official drag strips; Santa Pod, KCIR, Shakespeare county etc.

We drag race our American truck so I hope its in GT5
 
Well you could always do the 1000m sprint, well if you're good that is. 👍 If it's in the final release.

I never liked the 1/4 mile in GT4, something too NFS about it. Of course ONLINE 1/4 mile would be great. 💡
 
I'm not too found of drag dracing. There is something boring to me about just going in a straight line. Maybe that's just me though.
 
There is something boring to me about just going in a straight line. Maybe that's just me though.

Much like the gold-junkies, there's something obsessive about trying to shave another .010 to get another spot on the board. 👍 I mean it's to the point that I have a modified controller just for sprinting... :cheers:

It does teach you something about launching the cars in GT4 though.

It's a shame that NO one has ever come out with an accurate and realistic drag racing game. I find that really odd seeing as how popular it is in the NA.
 
I feel drag racing will work and be fun at the same time forthe road racing fans. Here's how.

If anything a drag strip is almost as important of a test of a car as is a road coarse. It would be a good way to just take random cars and run them against each other.

But it is also a good way to learn launching a car, whether on the strip or out of a grand prix style start.

GT should also go into an advanced tire selection system like in Forza where you buy an exact tire from a tire company. Your select between what type of tire first.....street/ track/ strip slick or rally tire.

And then you decide whoyou buy it from. Goodyear, pirelli, michelin, dunlop, ect....

and then the detailed tire you feel you want....potenza re070 or nitto nt555.

The drag strip in gt4 was lame so i would like to see a real setup.

That means.....
Burn out spot.
Prestage light
Staged light
pro or amatur tree
red light if you jump.
and when you finish, you get all sector times and speeds.

For the road race guys confussed, look at it this way. In a grand prix start you gotta wait for the green but cant jump or you get penalized.

GT just forces you to sit there just reving, what if they penalized you for jumping to early, it would add to real skill required.

It would be really good for people with a g25 as you can really get in the experience with the clutch of the line.

GT2 had two of HKS' drag cars but no strip. I think this idea would work.
 
Back