Drag Times Leaderboard | The Gauntlet | Weekly Drag Challenge

• Thread starter Eric.
  • 15 comments

Eric.

Premium
GTP_Eric
Ebiggs
Attention: Anyone with an artistic touch, we'd be happy to have you spruce the place up a bit. PM me.

Welcome, Race Fans, to another great weekend at Sedona Raceway Park!

Racers are welcome to come out for unrestricted test and tunes, throw down the gauntlet for a heads-up grudge match with a rival, and to enter into our Weekly Drag Challenge to see how they fair on a (mostly) leveled playing field.

Test 'n' Tune

This option allows for the posting of times and discussion of drag racing in FM3. Leaderboards will be maintained for the various divisions as listed below. To get your time(s) posted here, just submit it like any other post. If you'd like, you can PM it to me as well as posting here.

If it involves drag racing, it can be discussed here. Learn launch techniques from the star drivers, talk to the race team and pick up pointers to better prep your own vehicle for its next pass!

The leaderboards are going to be separated for:

1. Distance:
    • 1/8 Mile
    • 1/4 Mile
    • 1/2 Mile
    • Standing Mile.
  2. Car Class:
    • D Class
    • C Class
    • B Class
    • A Class
    • R4 Class
    • R3 Class
    • R2 Class
    • R1 Class
  3. Drivetrain:
    • AWD
    • FWD
    • RWD
Further division may occur. Each entry will be posted in a color that represents its horsepower bracket for easier separation. That color coding will follow as such:

• <100hp
  • 101-200hp
  • 201-300hp
  • 301-400hp
  • 401-500hp
  • 501-600hp
  • 601-700hp
  • 701-800hp
  • 801-900hp
  • 901-1000hp
  • 1000+hp

The following information is what will be required for any and all entries:

• Driver (that's you)
  • Tuner* (that could be you)
  • Year, Make, and Model
  • Performance Index (D153, for example)
  • Engine**
  • Drivetrain**
  • Aspiration**
  • Horsepower
  • Torque
  • Weight
  • Tires
  • Any additional information you'd like to provide, specific parts, comments, etc.
  • You may post photos with your entry, though they will only be included in your post.
* - You don't have to list this if you tuned the car yourself, but you may want to if you run a tuning garage or would like to go by some sort of team name
** - Even if you have the stock Engine/Drivetrain/Aspiration, please post it. I may not know it, or others may not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR LEADERBOARD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gauntlet

That guy in the red/white Shelby GT500 giving you dirty looks? Don't worry about him, its just Spencer. He saw your sticker of Calvin using the Ford badge. Now the one leaning on the Supra, he looks like he needs knocked down a notch, right?

See a car running times that you think you can compete with? Call them out here, and send both that user and myself a private message with what you'd like to see. After both parties have agreed to a race, a best of three showdown will begin.

This can happen three ways:

1. Mano el Mano - Meet up online on your own terms after I tell you to. Neither myself or Spencer will be there to see it happen for proof.
  2. Online, with myself or Spencer running as a third car (not entirely certain this can work at all venues - confirmation pending)
  3. Offline, I PM each user to make ONE PASS and to PM the result to me. I will post who won, but no other details. Next race happens the same way. Best of three, like all other options.
Weekly Drag Challenge
Spencer (r8man) will be taking care of the Weekly Drag Challenge. Details will be posted shortly for that, and the first challenge will be posted NEXT WEEK. The second post of this thread will be where you should look regarding the WDC. Questions about the WDC can be directed to myself or Spencer.

FAQ

Q:
How are you going to verify submitted times.

A:
We're using the honor system here. If you don't believe a time is possible, ask for proof. That can be provided by a picture of the time, video of the time, or an online demonstration. It does not necessarily have to be the exact time (you don't need to worry about taking a picture of every pass you make) but close enough that the questionable time could be achieved.

Q: Can tuning shops use your facilities to advertise and sell their cars and tuning services?

A: As long as the tuner is not spamming the thread to sell his or her service or setups, yes.

Q: Why are FR, MR, and RR cars all classed as RWD instead of having separate classes?

A: We feel that the differences in rear-wheel-drive layouts are not going to make substantial differences to merit splitting them. Besides, MR and RR lists will be very short.

1/8 Mile

1/4 Mile
1. '00 Audi S4 twin-turbo-Frizbe
ET: 9.09

1/2 Mile

Standing Mile

D Class

C Class

B Class

A Class

S Class
1. '00 Audi S4 twin-turbo- Frizbe
ET: 9.09

R4 Class

R3 Class

R2 Class

R1 Class

AWD

FWD

RWD

Last edited:
Okay guys, I'm ready to start taking any drag times you've got. Everything but the WDC is ready to go. Expect that first challenge to be posted up on Sunday.

'00 Audi S4
S699
V10
AWD
Twin Turbo
Less than 751
25xx
Race

Runs 9.09 1/4 on leaderboards as possibly the fastest S4

Has anyone noticed as soon as the game loads the lights are already out?

Has anyone been able to pull the front wheel off of the ground like on the intro?

I'm thinking that's not possible. Cars don't hook up any better at the strip than anywhere else. I've actually ran my real Civic Si faster in the 1/8th mile (10.01, usually in the 10.2s) than I can get my tuned and race slick'd D350 Civic in the game (10.7ish).

Uh, I've actually been busy working on circuit setups for now. I'm really, really disappointed with drag racing in this game. Not only does the lap timer immediately start when the car/environment loads, there's no trap speed, and running another pass takes another 20 seconds of loading time.

May be why nobody else is bothering with this thread also.

I'll see if i can get a few times up after the weekend !

I can see why people are disappointed with the drag racing in the game - personally im just happy its there and we could just use what we have available and make some good times !

Ok if you use 'Freeplay' and choose your car from your garage you have a 3-2-1 countdown and not just an immediate start like it is in test drive mode !! (might not be great for tuning but at least its better than what you have been using)

Ok if you use 'Freeplay' and choose your car from your garage you have a 3-2-1 countdown and not just an immediate start like it is in test drive mode !! (might not be great for tuning but at least its better than what you have been using)
Thats how I got my times, if you need to tweek some final settings you can do that here but you have to select Restart > Tuning and once you get your tune down, make sure you save it to the car, the game will apply the tune but it will not keep the tune "stuck" to the car.

I might focus on some standing mile runs sometime. Since launching isn't anything special, maybe getting a full gearbox setup for the full mile will be more interesting. But still for the moment I'm working on career and circuit racing.

Yea I'm also disappointed with the Drag......

I mean for one F3 has it where tire temps, size, compound and pressure all affect the way the car handles and grips.

So why in the world is Drag in Test drive start so immediate with results for what? why even tell me my time when I'm not even ready?????and in Free play a 3-2-1 countdown WTF! is that.

How are we supposed to get the tires at it's optimum temp and grip level without doing a burnout before we stage and go?

And the wheelie yes fake marketing hype.

Turn 10 told us the tires would be at optimum temp as well. If you look at the temp HUD, the tires are white. And telemetry shows that the tires are ~140F.

Latest Posts

Back