Dragon Tail Gardens AI Nightmare

  • Thread starter Thread starter CJ1045
  • 19 comments
  • 3,157 views
Messages
520
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Have been trying custom GR3 races on the new Gardens track. Had difficulty on intermediate and found that the AI are a nightmare on two of the corners in the twisty mid section - they brake waaaayyyyy too much and you just smack into the back of them. By far the worst AI on any of the tracks with regards to braking. Has anyone else noticed this?

CJ
 
Have been trying custom GR3 races on the new Gardens track. Had difficulty on intermediate and found that the AI are a nightmare on two of the corners in the twisty mid section - they brake waaaayyyyy too much and you just smack into the back of them. By far the worst AI on any of the tracks with regards to braking. Has anyone else noticed this?

CJ
Yes. At times they are quick without applying the brakes at the 4 right-handers. Other times, it's like a complete stop.
 
Overall I feel like that track is...Uninspired.

Too many slow corners and the place itself looks kinda boring, it has all the elements that says the track is in the same region of Dragon Trail Litoral, but it lacks enough elements to make its own identity.

I also noticed some cut and paste trees, but I'll let that slide.
 
Overall I feel like that track is...Uninspired.

Too many slow corners and the place itself looks kinda boring, it has all the elements that says the track is in the same region of Dragon Trail Litoral, but it lacks enough elements to make its own identity.

I also noticed some cut and paste trees, but I'll let that slide.
I expected to see a lot of flower or vegetation based on the name 'garden' But disappointed to this layout
Otherwhise not my taste, speed and wide track
 
I expected it to be a lot bigger than it actually is :lol: When I did a few laps to try it out I was suprised by how small it was..
 
The AI on Gardens II is especially exasperating. I almost forgot that I wasn't in a Sport mode race when going around that double-apexed hairpin in a Gr.1.
 
Off topic, and not exclusive to this thread, but so many times i see the person posting the first response to the initial post with a quote of that post. Why? Who else but the first person would you be speaking to? Theres no need to make a distinction to anyone as it was the only post!
 
Love the track. Reminds me of modern F1 tracks with lots of unconventional twists and corners with triple apexes.
That's encouraging... looking forward to trying it out.
Map anyone?

n/m, found this... looks really cool.
 
Last edited:
Off topic, and not exclusive to this thread, but so many times i see the person posting the first response to the initial post with a quote of that post. Why? Who else but the first person would you be speaking to? Theres no need to make a distinction to anyone as it was the only post!
I would do it just for the notifications to be triggered.
 
I expected it to be a lot bigger than it actually is :lol: When I did a few laps to try it out I was suprised by how small it was..
Well, has the same size of Interlagos... ;)
 
I found them to be pretty fast actually. Then again I don't do full 20 car grids on any track.

Also this track has zero 3d tree's,, not one.
 
Just did the endurance race here, most of AI is very slow, had most issues with them in that left-right-left section after hairpin, and in the last of those right handers.

Love this track, very technical but still has some flow, it was awesome in Gr.3 car, struggling with the hairpin and that last corner(s?) though
 
adb
Just did the endurance race here, most of AI is very slow, had most issues with them in that left-right-left section after hairpin, and in the last of those right handers.

Love this track, very technical but still has some flow, it was awesome in Gr.3 car, struggling with the hairpin and that last corner(s?) though

Exactly the section of track I was referring to

CJ
 
Often times, I see a person in a thread, who chooses to make a point of an off topic post, to share their disdain for someone else's post.

That's life, i guess.
 
Mickey Mouse track.
 
Back