Dreaded DR and SR...

• Thread starter Haayabusa
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the game, and have been enjoying it massively over the last month or so. When I first bought it, I didn't even think I'd be playing much online (Sport mode), but I got sucked into it and it's been (mostly) thrilling and great fun. I've now completed just over a 100 daily races, and had some wins and pole positions too. Along with this, my DR and SR were mostly rising, and I wasn't even paying much attention to it all. I got to DR:B and fairly quickly got SR:S and stayed there.

Then, over the last week, a combination of things absolutely ruined both my DR and SR.

Yesterday, I spent about 4-5 hours trying patiently and carefully to raise both, but only managed to go backwards. I'm now barely DR:C, very close to dropping back to D, and SR:B.

What happened is that in one of the manufacturers' FIA races (Tokyo Expressway), I miscalculated refuelling like an idiot (actually, still not sure what happened, as I fuelled until I reached the diamond marker, but I ran out of fuel about 300-400 meters before the finishing line... Only to then realise, I was NOT even on the last lap, but on the penultimate lap). :banghead: Then I got disqualified for "ignoring penalties"...

I also had a disconnect in one of the daily races, so not sure what that does to your scores.

But most of all, I think it's just bad luck I had with daily races this past week. I was mostly doing the Tsukuba race, and it was awful! So much pushing and shoving, and as hard as I tried, it was difficult or impossible to avoid contact AND remain competitive. At one point in one race, red mist got me, and I simply wouldn't let past an aggressive driver who tried to push his way pretty much through, and we kept bumping and shoving (next to each other) until he spun off in the next corner.

Sure, I'm not blaming everything and everyone else, I've made some mistakes too, and spun off and hit walls a couple of times, or hit other people, mostly from behind, braking later than them, and then trying but failing to avoid hitting them.

My question is, is there a way of building up your DR/SR that I'm not aware of, that's "less risky" (but probably slow) than simply doing daily races over and over again? I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask.

What's really annoying is that while my DR and SR were fine, and going up, I didn't really even care much, but now I do (more than I want to). I know it's just a game, but yesterday really got me... Trying for 4-5 hours to raise both, and despite my best efforts, only going backwards. :(

Thanks all.

Edit: Having had a look at my own stats on KD, I realised I actually had DR:B for a couple of days, so I corrected that above.

Last edited:
The fastest way to grind your ranking back is to set a solid qualifying lap and go from there. It can be rough to navigate through traffic in lower SR if you start from the back.

A disconnect really screws your DR and i think SR to.

I've seen days of slow progress go down the drain with a disconnect. Nothing we can do but suck it up and keep going i guess.

Thank you.

If I enter a race, and get to the point of seeing where I'm on the grid, so after qualifying finishes, and then warm up starts... If I exit the race at this point (before the actual race begins), do I lose either DR or SR?

Do DR and SR play a role and go either up or down in the lobby?

Thanks!

DR and SR are only tracked in sport races. Lobbies do not affect your ratings.

If you exit the race during warm up, I think that still counts as losing to everyone that finishes. However if you suspend GTS (or go offline) while loading the track (while already showing the grid) you will exit the race without losing DR or SR. It's not a very nice thing to do, yet if you don't make it into the lobby you don't lose out on anything.

Quitting costs 5 SR and giving your DR points to everyone that finishes (timed out or not).

Best is not to worry about your DR, instead focus on driving clean and staying out of trouble. DR will come later. There is no price for reaching a higher DR ranking, just more ruthless competition. Plus, if you enjoy winning races, low DR, SR.B or SR.A is where your best chances are.

If you really want to grind DR, qualify until you can't anymore, then race outside of prime time, same track over and over.

I had just reached DR of A back in December, and then real life got in the way. I didn't play for about 7 months, but I've been playing occasionally for the last month.

My DR plummeted from 32k to 25k in the first day I came back to Sport Mode and I dropped to a DR B. This was understandable. I was rusty and not as fast as I was when I was playing daily. My race craft had also suffered and Dragon Trail caused my SR do drop down to SR A for a few days.

Picking the right races and qualifying well are the keys to boosting DR. Over my next 10 days of Sport Mode I had some ups and downs, but I clawed my way back to DR A last night with a bunch of good Gr.3 races at Maggiore.

I won't touch ovals or Tokyo in Sport Mode because there's just too much carnage. I tend to stick to the tracks I'm strongest at and work on the others by doing time trials.

Driving consistently and not making mistakes are the other key factors because that's the easiest way to gain positions when others crash or spin. Not every race is going to go well, but if you have more good races than bad your DR will go up.

You can see my plummet and climb back here. Now I just have to keep my DR A.

Back