Dream Car Championship fun!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ninjasansan
  • 17 comments
  • 2,924 views
Messages
217
Messages
ninja_san_san
Anyone here think the DCC is probably one of the more fun championships in the game?

Even with the Group C cars in there, most LMPs stand quite a chance, and it's a great championship to master courses and the handling of LMPs.

Mind you with an equal group C LMP you essentially STOMP on the competition, but if you make a mistake, they can catch up surprisingly quick. I'd say it's probably one of the most fun Championships, that unfortunately doesn't pay out well.
 
Yeah, I like this championship and use it if I've got a little time spare to relax. I also like the NASCAR series.
For both of these I add my own weight to the car using the ballast as a way to even the odds after someone on GTP put this idea forward. Makes for a very tight race.
 
that unfortunately doesn't pay out well.

Isn't it the best payout for any championship in the game and the second best cr per hour you can get? I thought it was, anyway, I've made quite a few million from the DCC. Far more fun than grinding Indy in a carbon GT, anyway.
 
neema_t
Isn't it the best payout for any championship in the game and the second best cr per hour you can get? I thought it was, anyway, I've made quite a few million from the DCC. Far more fun than grinding Indy in a carbon GT, anyway.

I agree. If I need to grind I use this in A-spec if I'm feeling energetic or get Bob on the case if I'm working from home. Great racing, decent payout and exp, what's not to like? Certainly beats glitching that's for sure, as I like to earn my way properly. :)
 
DCC is aight but the time to payout ratio sucks. That is if you are doing it for the money. It takes just over an hour, if you use the X1, to make less than 900k. It's a lot longer if you use even an LMP car forbtje same lame payout. I'm tired of the DCC grind. It's not fun anymore especially since it's the same cars you race over and over and over lol. Wish there were more variety on the grid for every race series in the game.

If you want money nothing beats INDY oval in the American Championship Series. 5 laps, 3 mins and 38-40 secs to make 97k(I use Oreca Viper #91) Extrapolate that over the same hour plus of DCC grinding and you will see you will be making way more money doing ACS grind.

Every 17 mins on ACS Indy race you make 485k as opposed to making 86k for around the same 15-17 mins it takes to finish just 1 race in DCC. It's a no brainer if it's cash you at after. Boring? Yes but so is grinding DCC vs the same cars over and over but you get MUCH less payout for chore.

I'm just sick of grinding in general as it just makes this whole game a chore.
 
I use this quite often as well and can make it quite a fun event if I use a JGTC type car (~450bhp, 1100lb). Whatever you do, make sure the XJR-9 is not in the lineup. If it is, you have no chance.

Indy is tricky, but doable if you stay near the top and get a good draft right after the second turn of the last lap.

Monza is usually easy. Tokyo is also quite doable if you don't spin out. LaSarthe is the hardest due to long straigths and this can get quite intense. I usually quit the Nurburgring as it takes a bit too long (especially if it is raining).

$777k is not bad for a good hour of fun :)
 
Last edited:
Yeah DCC may not have the greatest payout per minute rate but it's a nice escape from grinding indy. In fact I wouldn't call it a grind.

I just really wish the last race was 3 laps around the og ring.
 
If you like what you're doing, it's never a grind. DCC has a good variety of tracks, and you have a good variety of cars to choose from to race. Doing the DCC once earns enough to buy one JGTC car plus another 100k car, so I like the overall payout. Not quite as high as Indy, but it's much more fun per hour. :)
 
The reason I've been doing the DCC instead of laps around Indy is that running the series (and winning them all and getting the credits for winning the series as well) might not be as many credits as doing Indy 13 or 15 or however many times you can squeeze into the same time, but it's more credits / refresh of the UCD. This matters when you're trying to hoard Group C and LMP cars, or anything else that's in the untradeable realm.
 
Sadly, I recently found an even better race; the GT All Stars..

Worse is the payout, but that race is absolute fun for any LMPs.
 
I just did the DCC tonight with the Corvette C5-R that I bought yesterday, it was enjoyable. You have to use racing softs or you stand no chance against that group C jag, with them you gain the slight edge you need in corners since it kills you on the straights. Had to settle for second at Indy, was a little bit of a challenge at Monza, not much challenge at R246, and destroyed them in the rain at le sarthe and nurb in the rain with my racing slicks. It was enjoyable overall though mainly cause I like the C5-R I guess. It was a little too long on the Nurb 24hr in the rain though (would have been fine with 2 laps but that third one was just annoying). If you like the C5-R give it a shot!
I don't know why that turned into a review... Oh well.
 
This is my first port of call after modifying anything to a ridiculous level. The first time i did it, was with a NASCAR, which was... Interesting!
 
It used to be fun, but I grinded it a few times too often for credits. And the Jag kind of kills the lasting appeal of the series. It forces you to always pick your fastest cars instead of some of the more interesting LM class cars that also appear in the grid but get destroyed by the Jag.
 
The Dream Car Championship would be AWESOME if the Jaguar wasn't around and if the AI could figure out how to change tires before the race. It kills the series when the entire field goes down pit road on lap 1 under bright blue skies because they still have the stupid rain tires on from the previous event.

When I beat it the first time, I exited and re-entered the series over and over until the Jaguar was gone; I used the Nissan 350Z LM. It was an intense series, especially Nurburgring. The AI is aggressive, even if there is a good deal of rubber-banding going on (especially after the circus of AI dummies clears pit road...then they magically gain 30 seconds in two laps). Still, there's a good variety of tracks, and the races are long but not obnoxiously so.

In other words, I'll agree that it's a very fun series. Just a bit of a letdown.
 
This series was great fun. It was actually my first time trying thr 24HR Nurburgring layout.
 
I love the championship I always try beat my times with red bull and hit back the jag and zonda so they don't get points haha then I finish the championship in 3 races :)
 
Did it last night with my new Zonda LM Race Car. Came in first on each race.
 
If anyone wants to have a really fun challenge, try this series with the Tommy Kaira ZZII and make sure the XJR-9 is in the lineup! What a great series of races! I had my ZZII at 743 hp and the only race I got second in was Indy... Give it a try, it's way too much fun!!!

Have a good one!
 
Back