Dream Car Championship

• Thread starter Jujubean
  • 0 comments
Jujubean14
Finding a car that was suitable for this Championship was more difficult than I had at first suspected. Fresh out the the Gran Turismo Worl Championship, I was anxious to use my new Ford GT '04 Race Car.

I checked the preview, and it looked like it would be a good vehicle. However, upon entering the race I was informed that a whopping 8 Aspec points would be awarded to me, should I prove to be victorious. That is a little low even for my humble driving skills. I finished the race anyways, and got 1st with a best lap of around 1:20.

img0001c.jpg

By jujubean14 at 2010-07-17

I abandoned the championship, and headed to my garage to see what else I had that might be suitable. The only things that popped out to me were the Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04, the Opel Calibra Touring car '94, and the Subaru Impreza LM Race Car. I tried the Nissan first, but this time headed to the RT 246 to test it out. I was offered 90 Aspec points, which was a little more like what I was used to. I did my best this race, but the Zonda race car did me in. I figured that this might be a good car, so I headed back to Paris and entered the full championship.

img0000w.jpg

Only 66 points up for grabs this time, so I quit the race, went back to my garage, and tried the Opel. I shortly realized it wasn't its all cracked up to be, and decided that maybe I would find a more challenging lineup and I could use the Z.

After a few tries, I decided the following lineup should provide a fun challenge:

Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01
Nissan 350Z LM Race Car '02
Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '02
Ford GT LM Race Car '02
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car '02
Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04

RACE 1:Opera Paris

Aspec points: 120

Since I skipped qualifying in this race to see how many points it would be worth, I had to start in last.

img0002eb.jpg

The cars seemed to be ordered slowest to fastest, so the beginning was a little harry as the Zonda, GT, and I battled not only each other, but also the slower cars ahead of us.

img0003j.jpg

Eventually I managed to fight my way up to the top. Once I got there, things were relatively easy, and I managed to turn out faster times than I did in the GT race car, without even using 6th gear! I must be getting better.

img0004.jpg

I finished the race with a healthy lead. 120 Aspec points, 10 championship points, and a couple of bucks are all mine. We all head to the land of the rising sun for...

RACE 2:Tokyo RT 246

I knew this race would be tough, based off of my practice earlier here, but for some reason, I decided not to qualify. This meant of course that I started in last.

img0005bg.jpg

Like most standing starts that point directly into sharp turns, things got a little tight in trying to gain a position, but not go punting about. In any case, this pic was so classic, I couldn't pass it up.

img0006dv.jpg

I took the slower cars pretty easily, but the GT and Zonda wanted nothing more than to leave me in the dust. Thinking back, it is odd that they started out in position 1 & 2, since they were at the back with me in Paris. I am almost certain I didn't qualify for either of these races, but whatever.

img0007ww.jpg

Once the Zonda got around the GT, he really started opening up some space, until I was little more than a little reddish blob in his mirrors.

img0008wa.jpg

As the race wore on, and I decided my main focus should be on staying ahead of the GT, and I might as well give up on catching the Zonda.

img0009hp.jpg

I passed him in the last turn of the 3rd lap, but he was hot on my tail for the rest of the race, making for quite a close finish.

img0010.jpg

RACE 3:Deep Forest Raceway

After my unfortunate finish in Tokyo, I decided to use the qualifying option in this race. I snagged the pole position quite easily, and after the start of the race, I built up quite a lead, and had a quite uneventful race, finishing in first.

img0011.jpg

RACE 4:Seoul Central

I again qualified in first, but the Zonda refused to go down without a bigger fight this time. He got quite aggressive in the first turn, and was not afraid to knock me off my line.

img0012atu.jpg

It wasn't long however before I put him in his place and took the lead.

img0013qp.jpg

By the end of the race, the pack got pretty spread out. I could hear the other cars zooming down the other side of the straight as I crossed the finish line.

img0014ma.jpg

RACE 5:Hong Kong

My most recent previous experience on this track was in the Minolta for the GTWC, which included lots of, '$%#$@% I SHOULD HAVE BRAKED EARLIER!!!' moments. I had been using R1s I believe, with all the aids off. This of course made for an interesting drive. Now however, I was in a car that was fantastically easier to drive with about half as much power. Since I considered the Zonda to be more like the Minolta in terms of maneuverability on a tight street track like this, I figured I didn't need to qualify. This of course put me at the back, and the Zonda and GT at the front.

img0015ku.jpg

By jujubean14 at 2010-07-18

I managed to get ahead of the RX-7 and the other Z without much trouble, but then I had to catch up to the mid engined cars.

img0016.jpg

I shaved off seconds where I could, but it was a tedious process. On some of the straights, I could just catch a glimpse of the GT and Zonda before they disappeared around the next corner.

img0017.jpg

I managed to pass the GT, but the Zonda still eluded me. Again, it seemed my goal should be to stay ahead of the GT and make up tournament points elsewhere.

img0018d.jpg

I held out until the end, a long way behind the Zonda, and a long way ahead of the GT. This made for a lonely 2nd place finish.

img0019.jpg

As the Sun set on the harbor, I was halfway finished with the tournament. I of course had been writing down all of my lap-times all along, and with them I had written down the point standings. When Firefox froze, however, I had to restart it, and I lost all of that information. Luckily, my pictures tell most of the story. I do know that I was in first, the Zonda in second, and GT in third. I had a relatively comfortable lead over both of them. As far as I remember, the Jag was next, followed by the Z and in last the RX-7. I need to go through the rest of the replays and snap some photos, and then I will post them here.

Thanks for reading, and more to come!

Last edited:
Back