Dream Car Championship

GTP_Francisco67
Hi All,

I'm confused about the pitting... when I got to the second race, Monza in the rain, I put rain tires on before starting the race. The race started and everyone but me had to pit right away.

I'm confused...were they changing tires? If so, did I have to pit to change tires? I'm guessing so, because everyone gradually caught up to me. I managed to hold 1st place overall going into Nurburgring 24h in the rain, but got blown away and ended up just quitting out of the race.

that's because the AI decides it can race in the rain with hard racing tires (check the other cars, notice they'll also have racing:hard).

i'm actually on the same race and condition as you. and i also did the same thing, and my Bob pitted on the first lap to change from full wets to hard racing tires. fortunately though, he's using my X1.. so it didn't matter much. lol

PS: check your tires on the next race. the game sometimes still "thinks" you want to use the previous setup you made with the car, so it will have wet tires on. and if it's not raining on the next race, you're prolly screwed.

Last edited:
I think theyre changing from dry tires to rain tires as they tend to go slightly faster after the change. They did it in every rain race, but also in Tokio, strangely.

Rain races can be very tricky with a LMS car, I found a good solution is to use the HKS Evo as it's 4WD. The races in the dry are much harder, but you can really push the car even in the wet, without fear of crashing every corner.

I think theyre changing from dry tires to rain tires as they tend to go slightly faster after the change. They did it in every rain race, but also in Tokio, strangely.

Rain races can be very tricky with a LMS car, I found a good solution is to use the HKS Evo as it's 4WD. The races in the dry are much harder, but you can really push the car even in the wet, without fear of crashing every corner.

I think they have to pit to change tires at all, which would explain why they pitted at Tokyo; the previous race was in the rain. If that's the case, then surely we can't just change tires before starting and get a 30-second jump on everyone else. I'm starting to wonder if I was actually doing all those rain races with my normal tires...

If you're doing a continuous championship and it rains, the AI doesn't know to change tires before the race start (they will start with racing tires and have to pit 1st lap). But if you just do that one race only from the menu, they will start with rain tires.
I figured that out because I had to go back to Monza to gold it.

that's because the AI decides it can race in the rain with hard racing tires (check the other cars, notice they'll also have racing:hard).

PS: check your tires on the next race. the game sometimes still "thinks" you want to use the previous setup you made with the car, so it will have wet tires on. and if it's not raining on the next race, you're prolly screwed.

How do you check to see what tires are on the other cars?

..and I check before each race to make sure I have the right tires :cheers:

How do you check to see what tires are on the other cars?

..and I check before each race to make sure I have the right tires :cheers:

set your cam to the other cars, it's the little "camera" icon beside the Driver Tab (Camera-Driver-Car). you can then see their fuel load out, tire condition, tire type, driver fatigue/condition, etc.

Back