Dream Theater - The Spirit Carries On episodesMusic 

• Thread starter Horde_R35
  • 4 comments
Portugal
Lisbon,Portugal
IRT_hordeR35
Whats an Xbox??
Has some of you might know, Mike Portnoy left the band last September, wich was a very strange thing to me because im a huge fan for around 16 years or so! Seeing him leave was a huge desapointment to me and the DT world of fans! This was how the DT drummer auditions turned out (Mike Mangini was the prizewinner) ! And its great fun to see the existment of some of the worlds best drummers! The pressure is high when filling in for some one like Mike, wich was considered for several times the worlds best drummer and top 30 of all time! Enjoy:tup:! (would be fun to see Terry Bozio in this thing)

[YOUTUBEHD]L609JsPFmmI[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]-vaDfcKzLbY[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]2QHMQjH17aw[/YOUTUBEHD]

We´ll miss you Mike:D!

Last edited:
It is sad to see Mike Portnoy leave, I haven't been a fan for long, but quickly I realized how good DT is, my brother did too, and we bought all DT albums, then this came up. So sad Mike left, just look at how amazed the "new drummer' is (not ruining anyone's fun by saying it here, WATCH THE VIDEO), I think he'll do well, but no one can replace Mike Portnoy :(

It is sad to see Mike Portnoy leave, I haven't been a fan for long, but quickly I realized how good DT is, my brother did too, and we bought all DT albums, then this came up. So sad Mike left, just look at how amazed the "new drummer' is (not ruining anyone's fun by saying it here, WATCH THE VIDEO), I think he'll do well, but no one can replace Mike Portnoy :(

I was around your age when i became a fan :D! Have seen 4 concerts to the date and the first one i saw was in 2000 in the Metropolis world tour (scenes from a memory), what a concert:tup:! No one will ever be like Mike Portnoy, but i hope that Mangini gets into the right vibe and gives his very best! I wouldnt say that Portnoy is better, but Mangini sure is one of the very best out there! To capture their very musical essence, you need to listen to their old albuns (Images and Words, Awake, New milenium and Scenes from a memory) and a few years too :lol:;)! Scenes from a Memory in terms of conceptual, work and composition was considered better then The Wall (Pink Floyd):)! Pure Musical Genious! Thats Dream Theater:D!

no one can replace Mike Portnoy :(

Truer words could not be spoken....I would put Mike right up there with Neil Peart as the best rock/metal drummer of all time. However, after watching the pieces of his audition, I think that DT made a great choice. He was probably the most skilled, which says a lot with the tremendous amount of drum royalty present. The band probably knows him the best and with him being friends with Portnoy, I could definitely see where there would be no issues if MP ever returns to the band.

I was around your age when i became a fan :D! Have seen 4 concerts to the date and the first one i saw was in 2000 in the Metropolis world tour (scenes from a memory), what a concert:tup:! No one will ever be like Mike Portnoy, but i hope that Mangini gets into the right vibe and gives his very best! I wouldnt say that Portnoy is better, but Mangini sure is one of the very best out there! To capture their very musical essence, you need to listen to their old albuns (Images and Words, Awake, New milenium and Scenes from a memory) and a few years too :lol:;)! Scenes from a Memory in terms of conceptual, work and composition was considered better then The Wall (Pink Floyd):)! Pure Musical Genious! Thats Dream Theater:D!

And that is all right, also Dream Theater is awesome because every album is soo different, listen to Images and Words, then Awake, two years apart yet so different.

I still hope Mike Portnoy returns to DT. Since Mike pretty much did everything. The music is all members, but Mike Portnoy did all the hard work to keep a band going, I've been wondering since he left who's going to do that, a new fella or is everyone else going to start working harder

Back