Dreamcar championship, rain problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gee-dub-ya
  • 13 comments
  • 1,211 views
Messages
326
Messages
Gee-dub-ya
I've been using my Stealth Audi R10 for this and in the dry it's unbeatable, but virtually undrivable in the wet. It cost me the title by 15 points on the last race.

Have been thinking about going 4WD and I have a Penzoil GTR in my UCD at the minute. Can this be competitive enough in the dry and then better in the wet??

Can it be tuned more than the 500 odd bhp it is sitting on. Don't really want to spend 700k on a lemon.
 
The FGT is pretty good in the wet if you are just looking to win this championship without a challenge.
 
Use Soft Racing tyres in the rain, they are better than the rain tyres.
 
The FGT is pretty good in the wet if you are just looking to win this championship without a challenge.

Haven't got one of those, don't mind a bit of a challenge but the R10's laughable

Use Soft Racing tyres in the rain, they are better than the rain tyres.

Really??
 
Tastakrad is right. I finished the four hour Suzuka endurance in the rain recently... I was four seconds slower (consistently) when I went away from the soft tires.
 
Tastakrad is right. I finished the four hour Suzuka endurance in the rain recently... I was four seconds slower (consistently) when I went away from the soft tires.

I'll give that a go then, I noticed they all pitted on lap 1 on le sarthe, should give me a big enough buffer for the final race if I can win that one as well.

Still like to know about the Penzoil GT-R,if that could be tuned and be competitive.
 
Racing Soft:

Total Time: 12:06
Best Lap: 3:47
+30sec to 2nd

Rain tyres:
Total Time:12:45
Best Lap: 4:05
+16 to 2nd

I drove this with my Toyota Minolta '89 with max downforce and the high RPM turbokit
 
I used the ZR 1 RM with Racing Softs for the 1st four races and won all of them though the AI with their ridiculous boosting gave me a fight even when they pitted in the 1st lap of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th races. I used the Rain tyres just to see what difference it made and struggled a bit but still managed to come in 1st.

You have to be a bit soft with the throttle control during the rain. I found that turning off TCS helped me. I was surprised but from now on I always turn off TCS in whatever conditions I race.
 
err hmm, I didn't rain once when I did that championship... Have done it twice all the way through even.
 
I used the ZR 1 RM with Racing Softs for the 1st four races and won all of them though the AI with their ridiculous boosting gave me a fight even when they pitted in the 1st lap of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th races. I used the Rain tyres just to see what difference it made and struggled a bit but still managed to come in 1st.

You have to be a bit soft with the throttle control during the rain. I found that turning off TCS helped me. I was surprised but from now on I always turn off TCS in whatever conditions I race.

If I'm any softer on the throttle I might as well get out and push it round.

err hmm, I didn't rain once when I did that championship... Have done it twice all the way through even.

lucky you, it was monsoon season in Europe for me earlier, lol
 
I entered the first time and then was winning on the Monza 2nd race in the wet by over 30 seconds then suddenly my car could corner no more after lap 6. And i was using Wet intermediate tyres? I didnt understand it.

I Quit and then re started the championship and then there were no more wet races?! :):)
 
Don't buy the Penzoil GT-R, It's RWD :sly:
 
Racing Soft:

Total Time: 12:06
Best Lap: 3:47
+30sec to 2nd

Rain tyres:
Total Time:12:45
Best Lap: 4:05
+16 to 2nd

I drove this with my Toyota Minolta '89 with max downforce and the high RPM turbokit

Have you ever compared the intermediates to the rain tires in the same conditions?

In true wet conditions any type of racing slicks should be undriveable. Massive oversight on PD's part.
 
Back