Drift Attack Challange

• Thread starter zipiol
  • 12 comments

Is Drift Attack Challange good idea ?

• Yes, I would enjoy drifting copetitions.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, I don't care about Drift.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poland
Żmigród
zipiol
Hi,
is there any one who would like to start DAC - the same rules like in WTAC,
but competing with driftpoints instead of lap times :dopey: ;>

I think that would be great alternative :dopey:

Low traffic here... so maybe it's not that great idea after all... :indiff:

I wonder who is the second one on the poll...
How to check who voted what ?

As I said: Like the WTAC ;)
weekly chosen track + car and ghost + pic to confirm ;)

But maybe with less restrictions with rumble/ripple strips cuz to drift effectively we often need every cm of track...
and if ur 4 wheels out of track it automaticaly stops counting points anyways... :P
And full auto tune + any tires to get best possible comfort to drive chosen car ;)

But I'm not quite sure I'm the right person to moderate it :P

Last edited:
As I said: Like the WTAC ;)
weekly chosen track + car and ghost + pic to confirm ;)

But maybe with less restrictions with rumble/ripple strips cuz to drift effectively we often need every cm of track...
and if ur 4 wheels out of track it automaticaly stops countingand points... :P
And full auto tune + any tires to get best possible comfort to drive chosen car ;)

But I'm not quite sure I'm the right person to moderate it :P

PM your idea to Detroitbb, he'll be able to help you out:)

I love drift challenges,but i turn down the Menu SFX not to get boo'd at if i screw up my drift. Why? because i hate bipolar crowds that say:"YAHHHH" then all of a sudden on the next drift that fails they say: "BOO!!"

...So yeah i don't care not having any applauds,as long as i don't get any BOO's because otherwise my tension builds up and i screw up everything.

Just sayin'.

I love drift challenges,but i turn down the Menu SFX not to get boo'd at if i screw up my drift. Why? because i hate bipolar crowds that say:"YAHHHH" then all of a sudden on the next drift that fails they say: "BOO!!"

...So yeah i don't care not having any applauds,as long as i don't get any BOO's because otherwise my tension builds up and i screw up everything.

Just sayin'.

And what does this have to do with DAC? O.o

Just sayin'.

And what does this have to do with DAC? O.o
I'd imagine that he'd want a good run

that is some sick,awesome drifting.:dopey: not ever was i able to drift a 10-flag drift,and i almost always end up losing control.:ouch:

Jean Christhophe,

I started drifting for about a year ago. Initially I found it hard, but keep on practicising and it will happen.

Pick a car with at least rear wheel drive. A four wheel drive also works, being a bit harder to get drifting but at the same time easier to control.

I settle for S1 tyres on every car I use.

I never use the hand brake, I removed the mapping from my controls. Handbrake is not the way to initiate a drift. In profesional drifting the handbrake means that you will not win that particular round.

A good source for drifting is Drift Bible by Keiichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya
Best Motoring International Special Edition DVD.

It shows the various techniques for drifting: weight shifting, feint drifting, brake drifting, the lots.

When I drift, I try not to be too focussed on scoring as many points as possible. Because when I do that, I end up snaking (as seen in Mario Kart games) around the track.

Instead I try to enjoy a good drift. So, yes sometimes that means only one or two perfect drifts on a lap.

So here is the time line:
Initial urge to drift - frustration - even more frustration - finding good instructions - choosing the right cars and tyres - practice - a lot of practice - have fun - go for the points.

Back