Drift:awd/4wd (g25-user) help!:)

• Thread starter hairyman
  • 10 comments
Australia
Australia
hairyman-13
Hi guys.. (edit: i have tried to explain myself the best i could with my Q)

I have been drifting for a while now (well learning),
and i DO drift awd/4wd cars, r33,r34..and just started trying to drift the delta hf, and before anyone attacks me about drifting awd i use a g25
(i have fanatec gt2 aswell, but it just didnt feel right with gt5)
and i struggle to hold even the smallest drift with any rwd car, so i want to learn with the awd cars first and once i have that set i would move on the rwd,

but i have a few questions about tuning... as i have no clue,
take for eg my r33, when ever i drift/power-slide, i can never hold an inside line because the front wheels lose as much grip as the rear.. so it pulls to the outside,
eg.. as (my stlye is a feint and power over) i start the drift all four wheels lose grip a pretty much the same time and the car understeers in the front just pulling me to the outside of the track

so my Q is.. how can i get more grip to the front tires ?????/,
as iv stated... i just love to drive/drift and know nothing about tuning cars and i have tried alot of different tunes here but not many about awd drifting
so thanx in advance an i do hope ( i tried ) ive explained myself well enough.

cheers

I think that giving up on RWD and learning 4WD will not help you get round to learning RWD. Spend a few more weeks with RWD, there are so many threads below this one that will help you.

Sounds like you gave up.

To be honest on the rwd cars i have for now,
but i did have another bash at the 350z again.
but i just want to get sideways and have some fun plus i love my r33 but alot of people who say awd drifting is not real drifting blah blah... are most likely using a controller an dont realize just how hard using a wheel actually is,
but again other than the comment above giving me something to try,
everyone is ready to criticise first.. and not help, sad really :(

The only way you can learn to drift with RWD is to drift with RWD, It's hard work but totally worth it. Just keep practising and keep it simple don't try and doing anything to challenging.

It takes months to get RWD drifting down smooth, don't expect to be Aasbo on the first week of using a wheel. 👍

RWD is so much better than AWD. The driving styles are completely different. With RWD you can make small adjustments in turns, but with AWD you have to keep your wheels pointed one way, if you turn half way, you will straighten out and crash.

Also, AWD is looked down upon in the drifting community because it is too easy compared to RWD. AWDs are also faster off the line and through turns than RWD cars.

I know the reason for the front wheel grip loss : you are driving so fast, that your car doesnt have enough torgue to start drifting , when that happens , use handbrake.

And buy a torgue distributor from the drivetrain section in the tuning shop so you can move slowly towards rwd drifting by making the car like this : F 25% R 75%

~ Experienced 4wd formula drifter with Logitech gt driving force.

Back