Drift Comp Tires

United States
Las Veags, NV
Monji_MSR
Monji MSR
This mite be a sore subject but what tires are used for comps because according to GTSDC they run sports h-s normally i only see CH.
so my question is what tires are used for drifting comps in GTS?
Real life Drifting does not use economy tires.
Realistically tires used are sports like these.

FEDERAL 595 RS-R225/45R-17
37.png

• Part Number: 95BK7AFE
  • Service Description: 94 W Speed Rating: W = 168 mph"
  • UTQG: 220AAA
  • Sidewall: BW
  • Load Range: XL
  • Type: Passenger Racing

The way that I see it, CH’s are the most fluid tires to use. Imo drifting isn’t solely about speed. And tires above CH simply create far too much grip. Especially when trying to maintain angle. Yes in real life competition economy tires aren’t used, but this isn’t real life lol. Not to mention the playing field is very leveled when it comes to CH’s. Really makes you push to slide the car, get angle, speed, and hold a correct line. Which 90% of everyone playing nowadays have no idea what a proper line is.

The way that I see it, CH’s are the most fluid tires to use. Imo drifting isn’t solely about speed. And tires above CH simply create far too much grip. Especially when trying to maintain angle. Yes in real life competition economy tires aren’t used, but this isn’t real life lol. Not to mention the playing field is very leveled when it comes to CH’s. Really makes you push to slide the car, get angle, speed, and hold a correct line. Which 90% of everyone playing nowadays have no idea what a proper line is.
Thank you for your input Smokey much appreciated. what would you prefer. Drift Tab or Road Tab?

Thank you for your input Smokey much appreciated. what would you prefer. Drift Tab or Road Tab?

I prefer Road Tab. With that being said I don’t drive for speed. I prefer angle, line, and style. You’re already gonna be quick on RT, so getting angle and holding a line is much more of a challenge. Also prefer FR cars to MR but that’s just me

Back