Drift help needed

• Thread starter symo63
  • 9 comments
Australia
VIC
theroy1963
symo63
Hi everyone,

I need some help in getting the Drifting achievements. I am not the best drifter as I can seem to hold the drift.

Does anyone have a good tune on a particular car to recommend?

Also, which event is the best to try and get the achievements.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

symo63

Hi everyone,

I need some help in getting the Drifting achievements. I am not the best drifter as I can seem to hold the drift.

Does anyone have a good tune on a particular car to recommend?

Also, which event is the best to try and get the achievements.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

symo63

Just found this, looking for some help with the California Drifter achievement. Did you get there in the end? Nearing completion of Forza 5 achievements (remaining non-drift achievements are just a matter of time now), and hadn't gotten into these at all. I think I had like one perfect drift before today. Knocked out Drifting Away and Sidewinder achievements today, but the California Drifter achievement seems just about impossible to me. Managed to get 6000 odd points. Even if I put together all my best corners in the one lap I'd have no more than 10000 points. Currently have no idea how to manage 15000. :banghead:

Anyone managed this achievement? Which car and tune did you use?

Could one of the tuners here please tell me what makes a tune a drift tune? Is it that the front and back are way out of balance or do tyres play a part too?

(I just want to know so I can avoid then lol.)

I'm with you guys, not really a drifter myself. For some unexplainable reason I still want to get all the achievements, though. The Drift Away and Sidewinder achievements weren't all that hard luckily, as some tracks have some quite nice corners for long drifts (did these at the Bernese Alps in a stock Lexus LFA), but Long Beach is a whole different story. Probably going to give it another shot with a few more of the recommended cars (found some good info on forzamotorsport.net), and if I can't hack it, it'll just have to be one of the two achievements I'm not going to get, as I'm not going to bother with the five gold in the Impala then either. Oh well.

Could one of the tuners here please tell me what makes a tune a drift tune? Is it that the front and back are way out of balance or do tyres play a part too?

(I just want to know so I can avoid then lol.)

Drift tuning is more often than not a personal preference thing, but I always tune my drift cars around what you would do for a circuit race tune. I know a few people who drift in Forza who use a really soft setup, and others who will have a really stiff setup. I prefer to go with a middle of the road type setup, with around 400 to 600bhp, sport tires (sometimes a lower grade of tire), and I go for stability. If I cant corner normally in it, then I know I wont find it fun to drift.

i go 5.0 camber in front 3.2 in rear +.02 toe in front -.06 in rear and make rear stiffer then front and diff 82% accell, 66% deccel as a starting point in most cars. with that setup most fr cars will hold alot more angle then factory, making it harder to spin.

Back