• Thread starter Rallywagon
  • 23 comments

Rallywagon

what a long strange trip
Premium
United States
Michigan
Rallywgn81
Sorry if anyone feels this is in the wrong place. Since the gt6 section isn't built out yet, I felt this topic is more appropriate here right now.

Ok, now, with all the speculating and everything going around, I'm surprised not to have seen a thread like this yet. Are we going to be able to have drift missiles?
Check this out.

Notice the selected field, and the condition of the Rangy? Looks a little beat up, right? I'm hoping that that what I think this means is true. It would be awesome to have a 240 or FC drift missile in the game that had persistent body damage. Especially if you can fix everything else around and keep the damage with no real negative effects to handling.

What say you?

If you have no idea what a Drift Missile is, here is an example:

noriyaro_river_garbage_s14_001.jpg

Their purpose is so the drivers can perfect their skills during the off season without worrying about wrecking their cars, and most importantly, keep drifting fun. Basically, a beater.

Personally, I don't really care. If I crash my car, I'm gonna fix it.

I'll definitely have my nice cars, but no doubt I will have a missile or 3... or 10.... or maybe more..... :sly:

Missiles would be really cool, but it would seem a bit redundant in my opinion.. but if the option is there to have the body damage with the car running fine, i would definitely have to agree with you and say, i'd have my share of missiles... so... many... missiles... :sly:

I certainly don't expect it to get like azures picture, and I sure hope they did something about how crazy the rear of the car gets after a few good hits on a wall. But all the same, I like this possibility.
@ReDMySTiC, I'm guessing this might be the case, since chassis rigidity is it's own option, I'm going to assume that perhaps the only thing this will effect is aero dynamics. Something I don't worry much about on my drift cars.
damn, I can no longer wait for this game to come out! I want to stop all this damn speculating and get to driving!

The damage will be nearly the same as in GT5. Since you can wreck premium cars pretty nicely though it would be nice if you could keep them like this. I've seen so many people wrecking the poop out of their premium S13s for like 10 minutes just to make them look as missile-like as possible and to take some drift pictures.
Would be cool if that damage would just stay when you exit the track.

I think some company needs to copy gt's physics and make a drift specific game.

I hate gt not having all or some of the iconic tracks used in drifting in japan. They shouldn't have had a drift mode, if they weren't gonna include any tracks.

I think some company needs to copy gt's physics and make a drift specific game.

I hate gt not having all or some of the iconic tracks used in drifting in japan. They shouldn't have had a drift mode, if they weren't gonna include any tracks.
Don't disagree with that. It seemed like a lame after though. It looks like there won't be that kind of distinction anymore though, judging by the screenshots, it looks like there will only be a practice/race in lobby races. Doubt they will drop the drift seasonal events though. However, considering they are a race simulator, at least they gave some thought to us drifters. I won't hold any grudges though, and I look forward to whats coming up for the drifter community in GT6.

Don't disagree with that. It seemed like a lame after though. It looks like there won't be that kind of distinction anymore though, judging by the screenshots, it looks like there will only be a practice/race in lobby races. Doubt they will drop the drift seasonal events though. However, considering they are a race simulator, at least they gave some thought to us drifters. I won't hold any grudges though, and I look forward to whats coming up for the drifter community in GT6.

I definitely hold that grudge. I am a huge fan of the Gran Turismo series, and I wished they would make it a more realistic driving simulator. Instead of KTM's, I want to see e30/36's. Instead of the Light Car Company Rocket ’07, I would love to see premium Silvia's. Even though drifters are probably not even 1/10 of the total player base, that doesn't mean we deserve 0% attention.

The damage will be nearly the same as in GT5. Since you can wreck premium cars pretty nicely though it would be nice if you could keep them like this. I've seen so many people wrecking the poop out of their premium S13s for like 10 minutes just to make them look as missile-like as possible and to take some drift pictures.
Would be cool if that damage would just stay when you exit the track.

The screenshot pretty much confirms the fact that we'll retain damage after exiting a race/lobby.

Otherwise, why would the option be there if the cars auto-fixed like in GT5?

I'm not getting my hopes up for better damage modeling though.

Not sure that he was doubting that fact, streeto. Just commenting on the fact it would be cool if damage persisted. Which it will be. I agree though, I don't expect it to get better.

I do not doubt that we will have permanent "Visual Only" damage; that is, until we fix it. However, I am sure mechanical damage will not be permanent. I am not complaining. :)

I will defiantly be rocking missiles with the team. My 246 hp 180sx is one of my favorite cars right now ,and I'm sure I will say the same on GT6.

If the bruises and scars looks good... why not?
At least it will gives some unique aspect to cars since the livery editor is not avaliable.

there was a debate where they saw this feature was either removed from the game or, it only pops up when there is damage as there is an other picture with no damage and no repair option.

I'm sure if this comes to pass I know of 2 teams that will be rocking missiles pretty much all day everyday. Cough RSM&MCR Cough

Not to throw out rumors, but... This may not actually be happening. On another thread, body repair was being discussed, and someone provided a screenshot just like the one above, but the vehicle was not smashed up and body repair was not an option. They claimed that the screenshot is new then the one above. I just looked around for about an hour looking for verification, but I can only find the same screenshot I have and nothing at all about the option other then it appearing in the screenshot. I can't verify its removal, can't really verify its inclusion, and knowing PD, it could be either/or, so heres hoping for the best, still...

Latest Posts

Back