drift teams ?

• Thread starter LaGarGoLa
  • 10 comments
Puerto Rico
san juan
LaGaRgOla02
i just spend like 2 hours reading post of teams and i dont see any 1 here interested in the 4wd cars i mean come on guys drift is not only about
rwd cars and is not that i cant drift a rwd car but still i find it a little stupid to say that if u dont drift a rwd car u dont got skills

I just spent like 2 hours reading post of teams and I don't see anyone here interested in the 4wd cars.
I mean come on guys drift is not only about rwd cars and it's not that I can't drift a rwd car but still I find it a little stupid to say that if you don't drift a rwd car you don't have skills

If a team does not want 4WD drifters in their team that's their decision and it could be for many reasons. Whether it's because they think "AWD drifters have no skill" or "RWD drifters are the only true drifters" is irrelevant, it's their choice.

If you want a team that allows all drive trains why don't you make your own? although I swear I've seen one or two teams that allowed AWD.. *shrugs*

Last edited:
AllTerrainTigers is the only 4WD accepting team, and they new, small, and volatile.

A good majority of the RWD-bias comes from several of the organized events. If you want your team to win awards, you have to abide by the regulations of these drift events, and that always includes RWD.

Well ye it would be a 4wd car converted to rear wheel drrrr.

... if you convert it to rear wheel drive it would no longer be all wheel drive..

Regardless of the body shape we're discussing the drive train here.

The topic is drift teams and he was wondering why most teams don't allow 4WD. They don't allow 4WD because you can only put them to 10/90, if you could put them to 0/100 they wouldn't be frowned upon.

Last edited:
The topic is drift teams and he was wondering why most teams don't allow 4WD. They don't allow 4WD because you can only put them to 10/90, if you could put them to 0/100 they wouldn't be frowned upon.

Yes... but if a car had no power going to the front wheels it would no longer be AWD, as there would only be drive going to the rear...

Yes... but if a car had no power going to the front wheels it would no longer be AWD, as there would only be drive going to the rear...

Yes. In other words, his question is why not... Our reply: because there is power going to the front.

When you change it to 0-100, it may not be AWD anymore, but it would be allowed. If you drift an AWD car because you love the looks, and you can convert it, thats a plus.

If you drift an AWD car because it's AWD, and loads easier to 'drift'... be prepared to have issues getting into a team. If you 'drift' it because you think it is cooler, or the best way to do it... That will cause a lot of disagreement, considering a lot of the GTP drifting community consider it less viable. (To the mods: Although I agree with them, I'm just stating a fact which can help him. Not forbidding anything.)

I think it also has to do with the attitude towards drifting you know... Why would a team allow someone that doesn't want to spend the time to learn how to drift a RWD car?

Back