• Thread starter bil coz
  • 9 comments

bil coz

(Banned)
Thailand
Thailand
jojaicho
NSX Type R '92

When I bought the PS4 and GTS, I originally refused to switch to drift tab but eventually did and never went back to road tab.
But this NSX is one of the only cars in the game that gets no modification when running on drift tab. Its also a car that I like and I decided to try and tune it in a way that it doesn't feel too far from how it could feel with the drift tab modifications.

for gears start with final at minimum then set top speed to max. you'll be able to enter the same ratios.

Last edited:
Wow, I really liked the way you drift and how you connect the corners is Tsukuba. I'll definitely give the NSX a try with your settings.

One question though, how common do you use the handbrake to initiate the drift? I believe not much? For example, what is the ratio of you using weight transfer to initiate the drift vs. using the handbrake when you're entering a corner?

Also, I really hate using the handbrake because it cuts the power for some time even after you release it before you can get acceleration again on the rear tires... Like it drops the rev to a near stall and then you need to start from scratch building it up... I am not sure if using the clutch while doing so helps?

Thanks!

Wow, I really liked the way you drift and how you connect the corners is Tsukuba. I'll definitely give the NSX a try with your settings.

One question though, how common do you use the handbrake to initiate the drift? I believe not much? For example, what is the ratio of you using weight transfer to initiate the drift vs. using the handbrake when you're entering a corner?

Also, I really hate using the handbrake because it cuts the power for some time even after you release it before you can get acceleration again on the rear tires... Like it drops the rev to a near stall and then you need to start from scratch building it up... I am not sure if using the clutch while doing so helps?

Thanks!
Thank you for the positive feedback :)

I use the handbrake a lot when I use the drift tab settings. (In the special case of the '91 NSX which does not work with drift tab, I did pull the handbrake at the end of straights but as you might notice these were not mighty handbrakes, the reason being it can go very south very fast)
With cars that operate on drift tab on the other hand I really abuse handbrake because once you get comfortable with it, it really enables you to link all kinds of corners in a more direct way that looks and feels faster and better imho. And well it just facilitates the whole thing so much, I would really feel like I'm missing an arm or a leg if I couldn't use it.

I hear what you say about the cars nearly stalling, some cars are worse than others when back on power after dropping below a certain RPM (they'll have some kind of failed restart for the first second). Using the clutch might help if the transmission is set to Manual in the car settings, (usually that would have to be the stock gearbox). I don't have 3 pedals but say I find myself coming at speed in 6th into a big braking zone and then plan to get back on power still in 6th after a long handbrake, with these problematic cars it feels like it will get back on smoother if I shift down to 5th/back up to 6th just the instant before putting my foot back in, I guess it's because the car is in neutral for that instant.

When you start using the handbrake more often you will find a way to kind of send the car a bit further into the slide (usually by nudging the wheel towards the inside) just before releasing the handbrake, the weakened grip will make it easier for the engine to get back to high revs and transition to onpower drift smoothly.

Back