- 26,911

- Houston, Texas, USA
- JMarine25
Hello, GTPlanet.
As another considerations topic, this time, let's examine Drifting and Rally. Why do I put drifting and rally in the game category? Well, both are alike. You know, see a turn, brake, opposite lock, exit the turn. I am a late bloomer to drifting, but fairly experienced in Gran Turismo rally. So what considerations would you have to make GT Rally and Drifting execptional? This is both for Rally and Drifing fans. I'll start with both topics.
TOPIC 1: DRIFT CONSIDERATIONS
Remember the Ridge Racer series? Do you remember sliding out like crazy on city streets while trying to defend your position or look good winning? With the debut of drifting (obviously for money) for GT4, I am just getting used to drifting. I seen "Initial D" with Takumi Fujiwara's AE86 edging out all the competition, including the black "Night Kids" R32 Skyline. To some people, drifting is pointless. You slide your car around corners, and do it all over again. Well, I think it's better than oval racing, plus it can be exciting to watch (or even perform drifts). The series should greatly appeal to those who have a car that can slide and juke around beautifully in corners.
If you never tried drifting, in Gran Turismo 3, there are two cars I enjoy drifting with. One of which is the white Mazda RX-7 RZ and the Ruf RGT. All you have to do is turn off the ASM and TCS (if you have a garage car, just set both ASM and TCS settings to Level 0). The RX-7 handles in corners beautifully. It doesn't take much to slide out of control and handle beautifully. The RGT has good drift as well, just that it's more of a "Grip" car than a "Drift" car. But one I been really getting into lately was the C-West GT300 Nissan Silvia. When Drift settings are on, the car is basically a pretty good race car. Give it drift, and you got a drift car. It basically is a drift car since it has those two little headlights, so you don't have to worry about excess front bumper parts. Of course, you'll need the front bumper since the S15 is still a JGTC race machine. If GT3 had Amemiya-san's RX-7, I'd like to see if Amemiya-san knows a thing or two about drifting out his RX-7 beauties.
But in terms of drifting, you should be able to try long courses with sweeping corners and technical hairpins to slide your car out a lot, or try go-kart tracks. The kart tracks are very small and have no worries of being away from long corners. I'm looking at Gran Turismo 2, and Grindelwald is a track that can sub for a road coruse and a tarmac rally course. This street course would make for some nice drifting. It may not be small, but a good chance to get to drifting. To make enhance less-experienced drifters, I think there should be a special "Drifting School." This school would require maybe an A-grade or IC-grade license. But for the most part, making the car slide out while cornering accurately would be an incredible asset to racers looking for drifting action.
TOPIC 2: RALLY CONSIDERATIONS
Who doesn't love rally? You go off road and you challenge somebody to a one-on-one confrontation. You race in exotic locations and challenge your bravery to go against the elements while trying to get the fastest times. Other than easier rally license tests, I have a few considerations.
It was an interesting addition to add Special Stage Route 5's Wet Course. With this course, you don't really need a rally car. You can just take your powerful machine and take out the rally car driver in the other position. If you want some short races, I think maybe a rally course with dirt all over it (maybe like a motocross course, but something less forgiving). You can come up with a rally course that has dirt in a stadium, and you can have a multi-lap grudge match. I also would like to see some rallycross action. You can take your Ford RS200 against five others on track. But I don't know if fields will be as short as SSR5's Wet course (4 competitors, including yourself). In terms of rally obstacles, I think some shorter courses with wide corners would help ensure that even the most narrow course doesn't become the most challenging. With the penalty system, I hope that even if you have to bang into a wall trying to corner effectively doesn't result in a serious dent in your lap times. If the courses are narrow and we are "expected" to know rally like the backs of our hands considering we've played two other Gran Turismos, then it would be a great shame to have to put up with this. And if the penalty system cannot be toggled, it may concern some GT gamers. If you can't have penalites for an entire game, at least take it out for rally.
Topic 1, topic 2, or both, reply at will.
As another considerations topic, this time, let's examine Drifting and Rally. Why do I put drifting and rally in the game category? Well, both are alike. You know, see a turn, brake, opposite lock, exit the turn. I am a late bloomer to drifting, but fairly experienced in Gran Turismo rally. So what considerations would you have to make GT Rally and Drifting execptional? This is both for Rally and Drifing fans. I'll start with both topics.
TOPIC 1: DRIFT CONSIDERATIONS
Remember the Ridge Racer series? Do you remember sliding out like crazy on city streets while trying to defend your position or look good winning? With the debut of drifting (obviously for money) for GT4, I am just getting used to drifting. I seen "Initial D" with Takumi Fujiwara's AE86 edging out all the competition, including the black "Night Kids" R32 Skyline. To some people, drifting is pointless. You slide your car around corners, and do it all over again. Well, I think it's better than oval racing, plus it can be exciting to watch (or even perform drifts). The series should greatly appeal to those who have a car that can slide and juke around beautifully in corners.
If you never tried drifting, in Gran Turismo 3, there are two cars I enjoy drifting with. One of which is the white Mazda RX-7 RZ and the Ruf RGT. All you have to do is turn off the ASM and TCS (if you have a garage car, just set both ASM and TCS settings to Level 0). The RX-7 handles in corners beautifully. It doesn't take much to slide out of control and handle beautifully. The RGT has good drift as well, just that it's more of a "Grip" car than a "Drift" car. But one I been really getting into lately was the C-West GT300 Nissan Silvia. When Drift settings are on, the car is basically a pretty good race car. Give it drift, and you got a drift car. It basically is a drift car since it has those two little headlights, so you don't have to worry about excess front bumper parts. Of course, you'll need the front bumper since the S15 is still a JGTC race machine. If GT3 had Amemiya-san's RX-7, I'd like to see if Amemiya-san knows a thing or two about drifting out his RX-7 beauties.
But in terms of drifting, you should be able to try long courses with sweeping corners and technical hairpins to slide your car out a lot, or try go-kart tracks. The kart tracks are very small and have no worries of being away from long corners. I'm looking at Gran Turismo 2, and Grindelwald is a track that can sub for a road coruse and a tarmac rally course. This street course would make for some nice drifting. It may not be small, but a good chance to get to drifting. To make enhance less-experienced drifters, I think there should be a special "Drifting School." This school would require maybe an A-grade or IC-grade license. But for the most part, making the car slide out while cornering accurately would be an incredible asset to racers looking for drifting action.
TOPIC 2: RALLY CONSIDERATIONS
Who doesn't love rally? You go off road and you challenge somebody to a one-on-one confrontation. You race in exotic locations and challenge your bravery to go against the elements while trying to get the fastest times. Other than easier rally license tests, I have a few considerations.
It was an interesting addition to add Special Stage Route 5's Wet Course. With this course, you don't really need a rally car. You can just take your powerful machine and take out the rally car driver in the other position. If you want some short races, I think maybe a rally course with dirt all over it (maybe like a motocross course, but something less forgiving). You can come up with a rally course that has dirt in a stadium, and you can have a multi-lap grudge match. I also would like to see some rallycross action. You can take your Ford RS200 against five others on track. But I don't know if fields will be as short as SSR5's Wet course (4 competitors, including yourself). In terms of rally obstacles, I think some shorter courses with wide corners would help ensure that even the most narrow course doesn't become the most challenging. With the penalty system, I hope that even if you have to bang into a wall trying to corner effectively doesn't result in a serious dent in your lap times. If the courses are narrow and we are "expected" to know rally like the backs of our hands considering we've played two other Gran Turismos, then it would be a great shame to have to put up with this. And if the penalty system cannot be toggled, it may concern some GT gamers. If you can't have penalites for an entire game, at least take it out for rally.
Topic 1, topic 2, or both, reply at will.