Drifting Community/Sub-Forum

Germany
Krautland
LukeCannotSkate
Hello,

I recently got back into playing GT7 and set up some drift cars with much more success than when the game launched in '22.
Back on GT5 and 6 GTPlanet had dedicated drift-forums and even sub-forums for teams, events, etc. I used the search function to find out why it was left out this time but I only found like minded people wondering about it.
Is there no substantial interest or community regarding drifting on this game/forum?

I've had my ordeal with the Assetto Corsa drift scene and I was pretty disappointed with how little engagement there was at any given time. Despite the lower realism Gran Turismo was ALOT more fun. I remember GTPlanet being pretty lively when it came to hooking up with people to meet online or setting up teams/events.
Anyone out there?

The drift and drag communities have been dead for a while now. It's sad to see, but it is what it is.

I'm sure you'll still find a few packed lobbies here and there, though.

The drift and drag communities have been dead for a while now. It's sad to see, but it is what it is.

I'm sure you'll still find a few packed lobbies here and there, though.
That's a shame.
I much prefer this format of a community over Discord servers like with AC. Servers are always either dead or flooded with only Admins and/or well established drivers being relevant in conversations.
If I had the time and rights to do it I would set up this sub forum by myself.

I too have been away from GTPlanet for a minute. I have been a member since the GT3/4 days, but was known by a different name then (Delphic Reason). I once was a Super Moderator, on this site, and I helped run the drift sub forums (GT3 - GT5). If the old days (ok, NOW I feel old) are anything to go by, there were a lot of problems with the drift sub forums. Keeping them from devolving into chaos was a full time job. I imagine it became too much of an issue. So, I feel your pain. Having a place to look for setups, chat about technique, cars, etc... was lovely, but all things must come to an end, unfortunately.

;)

I too have been away from GTPlanet for a minute. I have been a member since the GT3/4 days, but was known by a different name then (Delphic Reason). I once was a Super Moderator, on this site, and I helped run the drift sub forums (GT3 - GT5). If the old days (ok, NOW I feel old) are anything to go by, there were a lot of problems with the drift sub forums. Keeping them from devolving into chaos was a full time job. I imagine it became too much of an issue. So, I feel your pain. Having a place to look for setups, chat about technique, cars, etc... was lovely, but all things must come to an end, unfortunately.

;)

I see where you're coming from 😂 Some wild stuff went down there (I was 17-22 at the time, 29 now).
I guess drifting draws in the youngest, most individualistic crowd? It made that scene here what it is after all and I dearly miss it. It was so different to the rest of the forum, for better and for worse.
That's what drifting is about though, very much about self expression.

Greetings out to any mod or user who's reading this and was there back in the days 🕊️

I'm looking for a community as well for GT7. Use to be involved in the GT6 Drift Team Scene (Kansei Team) and looking for wheel drivers/drifters as well.. any success or established regular lobbies?

Maybe one of the Mods could pin this so it stays high up and more people will reply.
I like drifting too, but struggling with the right setup, i only have 2 or 3 cars that work for me.

Full lock diff, tyre pressure and adjustable steering angle, this 3 important things didnt exist in gt7. Drifting in gt7 is more or less a minigame where u play only with gaspedal.

Full lock diff, tyre pressure and adjustable steering angle, this 3 important things didnt exist in gt7. Drifting in gt7 is more or less a minigame where u play only with gaspedal.
Chris Harris would like a word with you.

Back