Drifting help L18-3 Challenge

• Thread starter GT86
  • 2 comments
Hi,

I'm having trouble passing this level. It is the one with the S15 going full throttle and you have to drift around a big corner. I can only drift and maintain control halfway around the corner as soon as I pass the halfway mark and try to line up the next marker it would just spin out(sudden snap oversteer) what am I doing wrong?

I've read in the other post that you can use the clutch to slow the car down?? but I don't want to do that just yet. Has anyone actually complete this level with just weight transfer and steering alone? do you have video of this? as I wouldn't mind seeing how it is done :)

Thanks

I'll grab a video, i just did this one a couple of days ago without the clutch. It takes a lot of attempts to get the turn-in right and pick the right angle. If you go in too sideways you'll run wide, but if you don't throw in hard enough you'll understeer at the mid point.

Basically, you slow the car down initially by putting it sideways enough to scrub off the excess speed. Scrub too much and it'll understeer. Not enough and you'll go off the track backwards at some point. You can tell if your speed is right if you have the gates at the perfect mark.

I'll see if the video can explain it better... :P

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWtqY2YbSVA

Wow nice work, the driving in that video is so smooth:tup: I've tried at least 50-60 times still couldn't get it right. In the end I gave up and use the clutch:guilty:

Back