Drifting in Midnight Club: LA

• Thread starter andrewyhy
  • 25 comments
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
andrewyhy
While doing online cruising with Turbo Lag, he can always do drifting in his cars. :D:tup:

Although I tried hard to make my car losing traction when entering a corner, I found that the rear tyres were far too grippy and don't allow me to keep the rear tyres spinning (together with an opposite lock of the steering wheel) along the corner, even when I press the clutch to rev up the engine, with a G25 wheel.

Therefore, I'd like to know how exactly to start a drift. Can someone teach me the correct procedures to start with? :dopey:

I just keep the tyres stock with the rest of the performance parts fully tuned...
Also, try to flick the car with a dab of handbrake at the last moment. This helps me drift some cars.

Keep stock handling parts except brakes if you want. I do sometimes tap the handbrake just before going into the corner, and by that I mean just press the button not hold it down for long. I go in 5th, and keep pressing the clutch just like I do with the clutch trick. Use the throttle to keep angle going, so hold it down then let go if you're not getting enough angle. It's hard to explain, and technically I'm not doing it right either. Better you ask Dragonistic.

I just keep the tyres stock with the rest of the performance parts fully tuned...
Also, try to flick the car with a dab of handbrake at the last moment. This helps me drift some cars.

Keep stock handling parts except brakes if you want. I do sometimes tap the handbrake just before going into the corner, and by that I mean just press the button not hold it down for long. I go in 5th, and keep pressing the clutch just like I do with the clutch trick. Use the throttle to keep angle going, so hold it down then let go if you're not getting enough angle. It's hard to explain, and technically I'm not doing it right either. Better you ask Dragonistic.

Thanks so much guys! 👍 The most important thing is to change the tyres! :lol:

I drift in this video using the same setup. It quite easy, & the handbrake comes in handy. Also, if you see yourself going too outside in a corner, downshift.

I use pretty much the same technique as Dom, pumping the clutch to hold my speed but I release the throttle completely and allow the physics to slow me down for turns then build the revs and release the clutch before proceeding to pump to keep going. Stock handling parts will continue to allow large slides at the expense of speed perhaps and I can very nearly link up the entire section in Doms clip in one set of drifts bar 1 or 2 sections. Just make sure you don't steer to heavily and you'll be fine.

Awesome drifting there mate! 👍👍👍
How about having an offline mode replay video of your drift? so that we can see your drift car. :P

I was planning to at some point, the above video was testing my new gear more then anything.

Hi everyone, i am a new member on GTPlanet forums and firstly i would like to point out that Turbo Lag is correct, as all handling parts except for brakes do, in my experience, make a noticeable difference to how well a car drifts.

Hi everyone, i am a new member on GTPlanet forums and firstly i would like to point out that Turbo Lag is correct, as all handling parts except for brakes do, in my experience, make a noticeable difference to how well a car drifts.

Dragonistic told me about the handling parts, if anything the credit should go to him. 👍

No worries :) Still yet to find a car more pad friendly then the Mustang GT for drifting as well if you want to give that a go. Clutching is still by far a much better technique however it's a shame that the clutch can be used as a exploit for normal racing though, and a bigger shame that there's no other way of drifting well. The tyres just don't want to break loose after 2nd gear.

Midnight Club 3 was the exact opposite allowing uber high speed drifts which infact increased your speed and could take you up to 300mph well off the speedo. They should've looked for a mid point with drifting rather then an exact opposite.

I find that, for a beginners car, the (no joke) fully tuned Cobra Concept works well, as when you throw it in to corners it is easy to come out of the drift, and only drifts when you want it to.Unlike the normal drifting cars(tuners) ,it is also very very quick:)

hi ive been playing mcla for a while and i was just wondering if there is a special technique on how to drift if there is what is it? cheers guys

hi ive been playing mcla for a while and i was just wondering if there is a special technique on how to drift if there is what is it? cheers guys

lukeykk,
Please read our AUP (Acceptable Use Policy).

Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters.

Thanks. 👍

I drift my Skyline any chance I get. It's decent with full handling.

I can name a few cars off hand that won't drift:
  1. Lamborghini Miura
  2. Lamborghini Gallardo
  3. Lamborghini Murcielago
  4. Aston Martin V8 Vantage

My favorite car to drift is the Skyline. My favorite bike to do a long burnout is the 1098/R. My favorite Drop Top is the Ford Mustang GT convertible, which I don't have due to a long series of selling vehicles to obtain other vehicles.👎

I have a good Gallardo and Audi RS4, paired with the said Skyline and motorcycle.👍

I'm not any good at drifting, but I did design a D1 Belair:

getsakeimage.ashx

getsakeimage.ashx

Across the trunk it says 'the box that drift came in' - an old joke about Volvos.

My attempts to drift an earlier design:

boxcut2-6.jpg

A full sideways powerslide is not drifting, I know.

boxcut2-8.jpg

Can anyone drift the 55 decently, or is it just a mad dream of mine?

Back