Drifting on Forza. Tell me!

• Thread starter JR86
  • 25 comments

What is your drift skill in your opinion?

• Whats drifting?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just a learner

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I'm pretty good

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Above average

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I am drift king

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JR86

S H A R P S T Y L E x
Premium
Australia
Geelong
JDM_Tuning_JR86
I'm a GT5 driver and will aways love the Gran Turismo series. My mate has been talking about how cool it is to drift. Its nothing new to me as I drift on GT5 all the time. I want your opinion on driving pysics and ease of control and how skilled you are. I want to hear from those who have tried drifting on both games. THIS IS NOT A DEBATE! Just a place to learn about others experiences and what you like in both games.

Feel free to upload images and other things.

PSN account is: JRKiwibo1
I don't own an Xbox

I have a wheel for gt5 and only a controller for forza so its obviously a bit easier in forza.
I really like how much smoke is in GT5. But I think the scoring system is more fair in Forza. The reason I say that is because you don't need to be near the inside of every single turn.
And with forza's new physics even lower power cars are able to do well when drifting unlike previous iterations.

Its good Forza has a drift option with scoring. The GT5 scoring system has to be treated with more precision and neatness. Good to hear that

I also prefer Forza's scoring over GT5's. More smoke would always be nicer but it's really not that big of a fault.

The new tire model really improves drifting. In almost every write up and review they praised how you can feel the weight shifting from one tire to another, and it certainly is true. I think all the improvements in the physics make for such a more realistic drifting experience. I can really feel what the car is doing, I can tap the brakes mid slide to get a bit of the weight to the front tires to change direction etc. I really love it!

Only complain of course is the steering. It doesn't really bother me but I would love to have an option for a truly unassisted 1:1 steering.

I tend to try not to drift because I'm a circuit racer at heart. I prefer drifting in Forza though. It just feels more rewarding somehow.

Hi, I am actually a GT5 player but a drift VERY lover. And its well known that drift in GT5 sucks, so I am asking about drift events in FORZA 4, how they are? Any online drifting? Any drift events in the game? How is it at all to drift in FORZA? Please more description so maybe one day I wuld by XBox IF its worth it....

@Forcone
Simulation steering isn't good enough? You crazy drifter you.:lol:

If you're using a Fanatec wheel it won't let you drift, since it changes full lock from 900 to 270 as soon as the rear wheels break traction, which basically makes you overcorrect instead of holding the slide.

Welcome to ForzaPlanet, Olleg. I cleaned up some grammatical errors in your post. It'd be greatly appreciated if you could stay away from text speak of any kind and spell out the entire word.

Hope you find what you're looking for, enjoy your stay.

If you're using a Fanatec wheel it won't let you drift, since it changes full lock from 900 to 270 as soon as the rear wheels break traction, which basically makes you overcorrect instead of holding the slide.

Wait what?:scared:
The Fanatec CSR Wheel changes mid-game from 900 to 270? For real?:ill:

If you are drifting make sure to take it OFF simulation mode and set it to Normal. The sim mode counter corrects when you break traction.

I would say I am above average. Started drifting AWD cars in GT3 and I can do very well with AWD. Been trying to learn RWD and have been getting better and better with it. Especially in Rivals mode.

If you are drifting make sure to take it OFF simulation mode and set it to Normal. The sim mode counter corrects when you break traction.

This doesn't do anything. The counter-steer assist is present in normal and simulation steering.

Wait what?:scared:
The Fanatec CSR Wheel changes mid-game from 900 to 270? For real?:ill:

Yeah, it's some kind of assist. Not sure how nobody at T10 noticed it was still there since it's pretty obvious and annoying.

This doesn't do anything. The counter-steer assist is present in normal and simulation steering..
When I set it to simulation the steering counter assist is VERY present. I am using the controller. Maybe it is not as noticable on the wheel. When I set it to normal I can drift with no problems at all. With sim on there is major counter steer.

How in the hell can they have simulation steering with counter-correction? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

I actually haven't tested how it is with the Sim steering off. I guess I always thought "sim" = more realism, but I'll have to look into that. And yes, I'm using the Fanatec GT2. :)

I actually haven't tested how it is with the Sim steering off. I guess I always thought "sim" = more realism, but I'll have to look into that. And yes, I'm using the Fanatec GT2. :)
With the controller it makes a HUGE difference. Much easier to drift with steering set to normal. But it might be different with the wheel. You will know right away. I could instantly drift better with it turn to normal.

With the controller, simulation steering countersteers too fast and too hard. You need to "feather" the stick more. I tried CAMAROBOY69's suggestion as posted in another thread, and so far I haven't gone back. The quick response of sim steering does have its uses, though (eg. autocross).

has any1 have a good drift setting for mapel valley full im getting just over 70.000 on a 1st lap has any1 got got or cud send me a good setting......thanks

has any1 have a good drift setting for mapel valley full im getting just over 70.000 on a 1st lap has any1 got got or cud send me a good setting......thanks

Proper spelling and punctuation is a requirement on this site.

people wanna join a drift team that is just for fun ??? no try outs no registrations no obligations all drive trains allowed skill level doesnt matter just have a lot of fun :D

I just got the game today and going from GT5 to this is tough. I'm just running an SR swapped 240 which is why I bought the game for customization. So far, I love the noise and graphics but the physics I feel I need a good amount of time to get used to.

Back