drifting problems nissan skylin R33

• Thread starter pinguin
  • 13 comments
Netherlands
holland
Subfan22
Dear gtplanet users,

I finally know how to make a car drift and how to control it...almost

i'm drifing manual gearbox and when i'm starting to lose control i go to a low gear like from five to second gear to get the controls back and then shift up again.

Is there a way to get more control without shifting back?

Like a better suspension setup?

i'm using the nissan skyline R33 from the dealership.

If you're in 5th, youve got to be entering quite quick, so maybe dont go in so fast?

my gearbox is set on a max 210 Kmph so i can accelareta fast ;)
and accelaration is the key to get the car into a drift. (my opnion :P )

but yeah.. because of my gearbox settings, i will have to drift in 3th 4th ore 5th gear... sometimes even 6th...

Dear gtplanet users,

I finally know how to make a car drift and how to control it...almost

i'm drifing manual gearbox and when i'm starting to lose control i go to a low gear like from five to second gear to get the controls back and then shift up again.

Is there a way to get more control without shifting back?

Like a better suspension setup?

i'm using the nissan skyline R33 from the dealership.

Are you using a steering wheel or a controller? Depending on which one you use, the techniques required change quite a lot and the setup for the same car but with a wheel or a controller can also change.

Just as a general tip, if you find that the steering for controllers is too slow and sluggish for drifting then increase the controller sensitivity in the Quick Options menu (I think) before going on track. But if you increase the sensitivity then be aware that you will probably have less precise steering and it will look more twitchy.

i have an logtitech driving force GT (steering wheel) but i use my controller for drifting, because i cant steer so fast to control the car when i use FR full throttle.... for normal races like time trail in season events i always grab my driving force GT ;) but thx for the tips!..

about tips.. how can i get more wheel spinnin? i have set the gearbox to a low kmph so the accelaration would be higher and the wheel spin off course..

but can i get more wheel spinnin, so i can make more moves.. like drift corner left, handbrake, steer full right and take that corner... in my opinion it goes to low to chance direction.

(sorry for my horrible english)

Back