Drifting question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brdsofprey
  • 2 comments
  • 1,632 views
Messages
1
Messages
Brdsofprey
I see a lot of you offer advice for drifting and say practice. But which car is a good car to start practicing on (I've been using the BMW 135 and M3). And what is a good track? The short turns of Suzuka or the longer sweeping turns of High speed loop? or something else?

Also should your entry speed be slightly higher than normal driving or slower?

I think I've been going too slow which causes me to loop more easily.
 
M3 or 350z, Suzuka east, a bit slower and wider :D

And don't forget...practice!!

EDIT : here's a vid of me drifting (hope that helps you) It may look like I hit the wall but I didn't. I was just hugging the inside for more points.

 
Hell, use the Cappucino, that's what I used.

Worry about steering control first, then you can sort out your throttle / braking balances.
 
Back