Drivatar fuel reset during long-ish races (Replay telem verified)

• Thread starter SDotJoe
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
5 drivatars had their fuel reset to 100 percent at the start of lap 2 out of 3 without pitting. I Came across this last night while running a long race on Nurburgring Full in the Hypercar Championship. At the start of lap 2, the drivatar that won the race was in 2nd place with 60 something percent of fuel consumed and once it passed the start/finish line without pitting, it's fuel reset to 100%(Verified via replay telemetry). This is what allowed it and a few other 'tars to stay on track during the pit cycle after lap 2. Going forward, i won't be using sim tire/fuel consumption....total horse manure.

I can't view your video because I'm at work and the WiFi is iffy. However, I bet I know what you're talking about. If you're looking at Drivatar telemetry during replays, it gets confused about fuel levels. It's got confused about mine, too. It doesn't reflect what actually happened during the race.

Some cars have better fuel economy or larger tanks than others, and consequently go longer before refueling, but not because of resetting fuel loads.

Hi if you are using single player just put in the number of pit stops you require for the race and they have to pit the required times.

I can't view your video because I'm at work and the WiFi is iffy. However, I bet I know what you're talking about. If you're looking at Drivatar telemetry during replays, it gets confused about fuel levels. It's got confused about mine, too. It doesn't reflect what actually happened during the race.

Some cars have better fuel economy or larger tanks than others, and consequently go longer before refueling, but not because of resetting fuel loads.

I think it’s a little more than that as during the Spa enduro in career most of the AI went 30 laps on their first stint but only about 18 on their second, which was in the same ball park as me.

It’s rather disappointing and I’ve turned fuel and tires off for career mode at least.

I think it's pretty obvious T10 unfortunately took some "NFS" style shortcuts trying to make the game harder.
Super-speed AI running illegal power amounts, while also saving tons of fuel despite the extra power, etc. Basically they made them "faster" by making them work around any limitations that should exist.

Back