Drivatars too easy?

Are the Drivatars pushovers?

• Total voters
Netherlands
Holland
BaldHobbit
I just pickup up FM6 on Black Friday after I skipped 5.

The first thing I noticed is how incredibly easy it is to win from the A.I

I allready upped them from medium to experienced, from this to max setting, but I still drive the snot out of them with a stock car. It usually takes me 1 -2 laps to come first. The rest is just hunting the back of the pack...

The only assist I use is STM and ABS. Agression is on full and I drive manual.

Now I just make sure my car is at least 50 points lower then the lowest AI driven car......

I do feel like they need another difficulty which is faster than the current "unbeatable" difficulty but I think that already only a small minority of players are using the unbeatable setting so I can't see them adding one any time soon. At the moment the only things you can do are challenge yourself by taking an unfavourable car or race online where it's hit and miss on whether you find some good racers.

I wish they'd have made an option where you run maybe 3 trial races and it tailors a difficulty specifically for you, it would certainly have kept me playing career longer than I did.

More like: Drivatars are messed up. Regardless of difficulty, the leading AI cars would sometimes cheat like they would simply beat the 🤬 out of you by zipping away from everyone where it isn't easy to catch them, sometimes they drive too aggressively and like to block your way, pissing you off in the process. The AI in Forza are almost like brutal and violent stock-car racing or sometimes even a game of bumper cars that look exactly like a race. The silver lining, however is that they'd often end up driving like idiots due to the fact that they drive like they're in a zoo if you put too much pressure on them or if you have been rewinding a lot, leaving you too just simply overtake and laugh at them.

Last edited:
Yeah, the drivatars are a tad wonky :lol: Still, they have more character than GT's utterly terrible AI so it's not all bad

Yes, yes. I know they're not AI in the conventional sense but I'm pretty certain they don't reflect how their real-life counterparts drive with much accuracy

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't mind betting I'm way better than what my drivatar shows

Just bump the difficulty to unbeatable. Problem solved.

But that doesn't always work either.

While I have no chance against unbeatable in certain cars on certain tracks, I do have limited play time, and find myself driving the same cars on the same tracks over and over again, because that's what I have the most fun with. For me, it's mainly the higher classes around Rio.

It's in those cars on those tracks where even Unbeatable drivatars don't give much of a challenge anymore. I've previously started in 24th and took the lead before the first corner of lap 2. I'm actually hoping for the runaway drivatars now, so there are at least one or two I can chase down.

I think you are the metaphorical 1%. There are some tracks and some cars that I go beast mode on. If that track is all you do and you get insanely great at it, you cant expect a dumb piece of software to keep up with you.

The AI is not flexible. Running the same AI makes races very hard and other races very easy.

But I'm too lazy to tweak the AI setting every race. I accept that some races I will end up lapping the field and others I will struggle to get 3rd or hell... maybe even need to restart.

By the same token, I really dislike seeing the AI break physics and do stuff that is unbeleivable. To be far Forza is very good at not cheating or at least, 'hide its cheating'.

There is no right answer.

The AI is not flexible. Running the same AI makes races very hard and other races very easy.

But I'm too lazy to tweak the AI setting every race. I accept that some races I will end up lapping the field and others I will struggle to get 3rd or hell... maybe even need to restart.

Pretty much this. Further, sometimes there were massive discrepancies within the very same race. Wondering whether the same AI will be consistent within the same race after today's update though. Apparently, runaway drivatars were fixed. Now, where I actually was hoping to get them. lol Then again, being able to select a car division in Free Play now might allow for a better, and more consistent, AI. Who knows.

Sometimes I kill them, other times they're are a good challenge. Every so often I have to turn them down to pro to get first. I don't know why I have this obsession with first against the AI.

My biggest gripe with the drivatars is how they sometimes fall hopelessly behind while trying to overtake them. For example, racing in close proximity to their driving line occasionally makes them slam the brakes. It seems to happen on all difficulty levels and regardless of how predictable the player's movement is. I don't recall seeing this behavior in the demo.

My biggest gripe with the drivatars is how they sometimes fall hopelessly behind while trying to overtake them. For example, racing in close proximity to their driving line occasionally makes them slam the brakes. It seems to happen on all difficulty levels and regardless of how predictable the player's movement is. I don't recall seeing this behavior in the demo.
I suspect this has to do with drivatars learning from players who constantly have to react to the unpredictable drivatars by braking suddenly in corners. A really unfortunate feedback loop.

I suspect this has to do with drivatars learning from players who constantly have to react to the unpredictable drivatars by braking suddenly in corners. A really unfortunate feedback loop.
yes i do think this has something to do with it. i just move to the left or right of the drivatars (i do the same in hopper lobbies for the same reason you never know if the person can drive). i have not had too much trouble doing so

Sometimes I kill them, other times they're are a good challenge. Every so often I have to turn them down to pro to get first. I don't know why I have this obsession with first against the AI.
We all are the same i believe. i think getting beat by a computer is unacceptable. :)

I honestly hate FM6's AI. Not as much as GT's robots-on-rails, but they can be annoying. Either they are too aggressive or fast, or so unbelievably slow to the point were they brake as much as two or three times in the middle of the corner. I've had them going 20mph in a mid-speed corner!

I feel the difficulty is a bit unbalanced. No matter if you choose aggressiveness on or off, it's either chaos or even more chaos. High difficulty just makes them faster and low makes them almost park at the middle of the corner. I haven't found that mid-point were you can enjoy a relaxing race with a mild challenge without having to spam "Y" in the first corner of the first lap.

I have to give it to Turn10 though. The A.I seems to know you're there, but doesn't seem to know consequences of damaging your or their car. If they are behind or next to you they will most likely crash you from behind or on the sides. If they are in front of you they will slam the brakes not only once but half a dozen times during the turn.

I wouldn't care if there was an option to disable cosmetic damage. I hate when my car has dents and scratches since it ruins the replay and chances for good pictures. It's probably my biggest gripe in FM6.

I honestly hate FM6's AI. Not as much as GT's robots-on-rails, but they can be annoying. Either they are too aggressive or fast, or so unbelievably slow to the point were they brake as much as two or three times in the middle of the corner. I've had them going 20mph in a mid-speed corner!

I feel the difficulty is a bit unbalanced. No matter if you choose aggressiveness on or off, it's either chaos or even more chaos. High difficulty just makes them faster and low makes them almost park at the middle of the corner. I haven't found that mid-point were you can enjoy a relaxing race with a mild challenge without having to spam "Y" in the first corner of the first lap.

I have to give it to Turn10 though. The A.I seems to know you're there, but doesn't seem to know consequences of damaging your or their car. If they are behind or next to you they will most likely crash you from behind or on the sides. If they are in front of you they will slam the brakes not only once but half a dozen times during the turn.

I wouldn't care if there was an option to disable cosmetic damage. I hate when my car has dents and scratches since it ruins the replay and chances for good pictures. It's probably my biggest gripe in FM6.
I used to think the same thing, that the AI was a bit too agressive at times. After playing can-am leagues for the past 3 days for this Ferrari, I did a bunch of free races tonight, and the AI is a welcome relief after getting smashed into like crazy all weekend. They certainly aren't as dumb and wreck less as some of the people on line. :lol:

I used to think the same thing, that the AI was a bit too agressive at times. After playing can-am leagues for the past 3 days for this Ferrari, I did a bunch of free races tonight, and the AI is a welcome relief after getting smashed into like crazy all weekend. They certainly aren't as dumb and wreck less as some of the people on line. :lol:

OMG, the other day I was racing at the Long Beach full circuit. I swear at one point of the race you couldn't get passed through that narrow "C' shaped turn close to the beginning. At least half of the grid was stuck in a pile. Cars facing the wrong way, other reversing into the pile, some others stuck in the small island with their four wheels in mid air. And they were going SLOW before this happened, as if gently preparing to pile up on each other. It's the most ridiculous, annoying but rather hilarious thing I've seen in the game so far.

OMG, the other day I was racing at the Long Beach full circuit. I swear at one point of the race you couldn't get passed through that narrow "C' shaped turn close to the beginning. At least half of the grid was stuck in a pile. Cars facing the wrong way, other reversing into the pile, some others stuck in the small island with their four wheels in mid air. And they were going SLOW before this happened, as if gently preparing to pile up on each other. It's the most ridiculous, annoying but rather hilarious thing I've seen in the game so far.
It is rather hilarious, especially when you listen to what people are saying in their microphones. I don't even get upset, I'm getting real good at dodging wrecks. Yesterday I was in a league race at brands hatch, the short version and it was raining. I seen a car in front of me get airborne and I drove underneath it, at brands hatch a freaking car went airborne...:confused::lol::lol:

If you race on freeplay i've noticed that the difference in pi is often more than 50 points in your favor.
That makes it rather easy to beat them, even on unbeatable.

Okay. So I managed to find a fix for the horribly frustrating wreck pile A.I. I thought that going to easier settings was the key to minimize the wreckfest, but it's actually the other way around. When setting the game in "Above Average" and beyond with aggressiveness OFF, the A.I is actually not harder, but it races how it should be.

It is beatable most of the times, but it will race against you HARD, but most importantly, CLEAN. That demolition derby chaos during turns is almost completely gone. Now I can complete a race with my car intact without having to use the "Y" button even once. Seeing a field of 24 cars going through a slow first turn with no contact, specially when you're in the middle of it, is a dream. Frustration gone!

And I didn't know, but getting in 1st place doesn't seem to have any importance in FM6. As long as you're within the first three places you get the same amount of XP and credits. What I love about this is that the game feels more real, rather than you being this "super" racer that never loses a race, and yet you don't feel pressured to go for 1st all the time.

I was beginning to feel scared that this game would find different ways from GT to annoy and disappoint me but I'm glad I'm wrong. While it still has some very minor negative details which can be easily overlooked, I have to say I love Forza 6 so much. Best car enthusiast game ever!

I do feel like they need another difficulty which is faster than the current "unbeatable" difficulty but I think that already only a small minority of players are using the unbeatable setting so I can't see them adding one any time soon. At the moment the only things you can do are challenge yourself by taking an unfavourable car or race online where it's hit and miss on whether you find some good racers.

I wish they'd have made an option where you run maybe 3 trial races and it tailors a difficulty specifically for you, it would certainly have kept me playing career longer than I did.

Do you want the AI to drive on rails or something?
Unbeatable is a big challenge and not advisable in your average 3 Lap career event.

Do you want the AI to drive on rails or something?
Unbeatable is a big challenge and not advisable in your average 3 Lap career event.
They basically already do. Unbeatable is hit and miss, there are times where I don't have a problem beating it, and then there are times when that by the end of the race, the lead is about 1500 ft ahead. So, like he said, A tailored AI system based around how well you drive as a player would be nice.

After tinkering with settings, I'm back to my previous opinion. Sorry FM6. I've become such a fanboy of the series, but AI simply sucks. In a different way than GT, but it still sucks really bad.

It heavily depends on your oponents, tier and track. Your best bet is to play between Average and Pro.

I know it's stupid, but again, I wish there was a "no cosmetic damage" option.

Actually since getting my wheel I mostly play on Unbeatable and can consistently get top 3. Sometimes there's the odd race that can give me some trouble but usually it's smooth sailing.

I think it depends on track and car a lot. Some carrer race I cant beat somewhat consistent on unbeatable. and some other events I have a hard time to beat at 40 % ( Forgot the name of 40 % )

i find it's like bedlam when racing anything B class and above. First turn mayhem. Thought I was in a Gran Turismo room.

Latest Posts

Back