Drive Club Audio Settings

• Thread starter torque99
  • 16 comments
England
England
After months and months driving in the cockpit view with the 'external sound' playing, as you do you leave things alone once set. I was messing around in settings and thought I would try the 'internal' cockpit sound again, and I am not sure if they have done anything different but it sounds louder and more realistic to me than it did at the start (this could be having external sound on for so long). It makes for a more relaxing engaging drive not hearing the loud turbos and crashes etc and actually feels like you are in the echos of the cockpit (with decent headphone set up)..I don't think there has been an audio thread for a while and having tried quite a few of the new DLC like this I think I will stick with it for the time being.. So just out of curiosity really, those that play the game with the cockpit views what audio settings do you use?.

These are my latest settings with the collisions and other cars/environments still reduced so you get to hear the engine sound better.

Also note the SFX master setting goes right up to 130%! Which people miss for any newcomers and makes a big difference 👍
DRIVECLUB™_20160309080137.jpg

After months and months driving in the cockpit view with the 'external sound' playing, as you do you leave things alone once set. I was messing around in settings and thought I would try the 'internal' cockpit sound again, and I am not sure if they have done anything different but it sounds louder and more realistic to me than it did at the start (this could be having external sound on for so long). It makes for a more relaxing engaging drive not hearing the loud turbos and crashes etc and actually feels like you are in the echos of the cockpit (with decent headphone set up)..I don't think there has been an audio thread for a while and having tried quite a few of the new DLC like this I think I will stick with it for the time being.. So just out of curiosity really, those that play the game with the cockpit views what audio settings do you use?.

These are my latest settings with the collisions and other cars/environments still reduced so you get to hear the engine sound better.

Also note the SFX master setting goes right up to 130%! Which people miss for any newcomers and makes a big difference 👍
View attachment 523826

This is after the new update right? I may give this a look when I fire up the PS4.

I had another go today, the internal sound really makes a difference in the audio. My favourites are the MercA45, RS5, Challenger, Mclaren570s and the little audi. They sound great internally.

I tried the Bikes with the helmet on and it does sound slightly muted on this setting but I am not sure due to my bassy set up..Can anyone else confirm the internal sound on bikes is there if you change to helmet cam ? 👍

What sound system are you using exactly?
I am an audiophile so not enough room in this thread for my systems. (hdmi/optical Teac/PioneerEQ/Sennheiser headphones for PS4 at the moment). I found the settings above to suit best.👍

Has anyone else got settings for internal sound (Cars or Bikes) as above OP? ^^^^ 👍

I would be concerned if using the 130% or over the 100% might create some elements of distortion? Well I'd rather increase the db gain on an amplifier/receiver input or just by the master volume. Will give your settings a try but think they are similar to what I use although I think my environment setting is lower.

Found very few people discussing this game in audio or bass terms never mind regards to Buttkickers/Tactile or subwoofers, shame as it is rather excellent. Certain cars have much greater bass emphasis this I can easily detect with my tactile. Some of it may be down to how the car works with the road noise/tyres and not just the engine. From memory the GTR Nismo being one of the strongest in constant sub harmonics. Some of my own personal faves are the Aventador, F40, Jag R, Merc SLS but also others.

I personally wish their was a slider for kerbs or road surface effects. Highlighted this before to the devs that with internal views these are good but using external are quite weak. Again more noticeable perhaps with the tactile.

@torque99

As you previously seen I play using a quad sub-woofer configuration working in tandem with 6 high end tactile units. Still a w.i.p cockpit for the most part. Providing potential for easily well over 2000 watts in tactile in the current format and over 400 watts from the subs but while rather entertaining it becomes quite ear bleeding above 100db. I am rather sad that I even like to place engine bass levels to the front or rear subs depending on the engine placement of the car being driven. :)

On external views I can feel some brill exhaust pops and hearing them behind me from the rear subs at the same time is mega. Also the engine on idle or prior to momentum is very nice immersion while being felt/heard in the current configuration I use.

I would say that FM6 provides some great sounds too and the best rumble strips from any console game I can recall, felt perfect with stereo tactile too. Feeling the left/right hand sides of the car on a circuit like Spa is excellent addition when also combined with the nice bass from the subs working in tandem with such stereo transitions.

Driveclubs kerbs just are not as satisfying.

(ps sorry for the rambling)

Last edited:
Hi @Mr Latte I enjoyed your ramblings :cheers: As I said previously your set up sounds ;) amazing and really bass heavy which I would love being an ex-DJ/mixer I had similar RMS output I used to lug round with me. If I didn't have neighbours next door to me! The next best thing is with decent headphones and EQ. I set it at 100 right up to 130% and it did not make much difference as Drive Clubs Audio is much quieter than say Pcars so kept it at max level from PS4 then adjust my settings on my home set up. I really like the car sounds and track vibrations too and haven't played forza Since my old Forza4 on Xbox having stuck with just PS4 but Drive Clubs audio is just how I would want a car game to be not too overpowering with the sports exhausts but more bassy engines. 👍

Good to read, I had a set of HD600 for years with a decent headphone amp but wasn't using it enough. I found myself using Bluetooth headphones with phone/tablet where most my music was but the PS4 didn't support proper Bluetooth headphones which would of been handy when getting in/out of the cockpit and no cables to trip or catch on things.

I did this review last year on freeme

Lets just hope that GT Sport has good audio, however with Assetto Corsa (its got good audio sliders too) coming, Dirt Rally all soon I think you will be enjoying car sounds for sometime yet. :)

At some point you should consider tactile, really is a superb addition even if its a 2nd hand Buttkicker or model like Aura Pro / ADX / Reckhorn. These only costing about £50 each and easily powered with any old 4ohm amplifier

If your interested I have some old "BASS" toys in storage, from my early tactile testing days. Behringer Super X Pro and FBQ 3102 31 band equalisers, also a Technics SH GE70 graphic equaliser which I would like to sell off cheap. Might not be of any interest to you, yet noticed you were in UK but feel welcome to PM if curious.

Thanks for the kind offer but I also have plenty of old audio in the loft not used old technics/numark and Teac. I can only have so much now as a lot tighter on space, as much as I would like more ;) :cheers:👍

I had another go today, the internal sound really makes a difference in the audio. My favourites are the MercA45, RS5, Challenger, Mclaren570s and the little audi. They sound great internally.

Some of the cars sound fantastic internally, the RS01 springs to mind - however a lot of the production cars are a little bit too accurately dampened, so it makes for a curiously sterile environment. I never change to external sound however, as that's 'cheating' haha...

Would be nice to have a 'wind down the bloody window' option :D

Is there a way to tone down the wind or whatever it is i hear in chase cam??
Only way maybe is to try the environment db to -3db otherwise it might be part of the game, I don't use chase cam at all so unable to help too much on this. 👍

Some of the cars sound fantastic internally, the RS01 springs to mind - however a lot of the production cars are a little bit too accurately dampened, so it makes for a curiously sterile environment. I never change to external sound however, as that's 'cheating' haha...

Would be nice to have a 'wind down the bloody window' option :D
Yes that would be a cool option 'external noise for pressing the window down button' :D:tup:

Only way maybe is to try the environment db to -3db otherwise it might be part of the game, I don't use chase cam at all so unable to help too much on this. 👍

Yes that would be a cool option 'external noise for pressing the window down button' :D:tup:

Also, probably wrong thread, but I don't think any game (I've played) has come close to capturing the sheer noise and messiness of a real-life, stripped-out race car.

i.e. this

as opposed to this

^^ yeah that first one is awesome, I felt the sound in shift3/pCars to be stripped out and quite raw (having not tried Forza) but nothing like the real thing yet..Maybe GT Sport? :sly:👍

^^ yeah that first one is awesome, I felt the sound in shift3/pCars to be stripped out and quite raw (having not tried Forza) but nothing like the real thing yet..Maybe GT Sport? :sly:👍

Yeah let's hope so eh...

I guess that, as with visuals, impressive realism is achieved best by messing things up a bit, not with that glossy, perfectly modelled approach.

Having recently bought a new 5.1 surround speaker set-up (nothing so massive or OTT as described by you chaps) I have come to appreciate a lot more the subtleties of sound in this game. Tyre rumble for one, now having a decent base bin has made a big difference. Subsequently, I have the environmental up far higher than you Mr @torque99 as I also enjoy the wind rush sounds.

Back