Drive Club Audio-Your Favourite sound so far?

• Thread starter torque99
  • 9 comments
England
England
Drive Club audio is the best available on any racing game in my opinion, with the cars engines and sounds internal and external life like and amazing.

My favourite has to be the deep throttle sound of the Merc amg GTs, Audi RS5 and the insane engine sounds of the 'muscle cars' Dodge Viper SRT GTS, Challenger, and supercharged sound of the Camaro. Not forgetting the storm/weather sounds.:bowdown:

There isn't a thread just for audio I can find so what is your favourite sound or car so far which you keep going back to and enjoy turning the eq and volume up!? Or do you not like the audio?..It would be good to hear other peoples opinions.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Funny you should post this,i was going through a selection of cars this weekend trying to pick a favorite,and it's really really tough!
The Merc AMG gts has always been a favorite of mine too,but at the present( although it will probably change regularly) i'm loving the Ferrari f40.There's a sound in Driveclub better than these magnificent engines tho'. Its that pathetic little ping when you set a green sector in timetrial( c'mon Evo,patch us in a more iconic sound for this important event!) :)

@bloodsugar6 Don't forget the default sound on the SFX master volume is set at only 100%..This goes right up to 130%! I didn't notice for quite a while. This helps if you want the engine sounds louder and the environment and crashes softer..Helps you go quicker as well
Thumbs.png

I will add one other thing the sound of the internal sound, wipers etc are awesome and you feel like you are enclosed in the cabin with the echos and doors shut etc but not much engine sound just a thrum (real life) Listen to the FXXK thrum in internal sound on tickover (amazing deep bass) or you can set the external sound to come internal if you fancy a thrash of the car. You may know these but reading facebook and some reviews it seems people don't seem to find these settings so I hope it helps anyone on here. :cheers:

Drive Club audio is the best available on any racing game in my opinion, with the cars engines and sounds internal and external life like and amazing.

Not to say I feel the exact opposite, but, there appears to be a huge difference in sound presence when comparing Driveclub to Project Cars. Project Cars is loud, shakes the room, makes you feel like you are sitting right off the rear of the car...while Driveclub is a whisper and has no depth on a (small speaker) 5.1 surround sound system. There isn't a huge tuning element for sound in options so what have I done to miss out on the audio experience?

To me it is more the 'quality' of the sound and engines. Take a Viper out and it sounds like a Viper, jump in the A45 after and it will be quieter with the turbo wooshing. When they record the sound they had 8 mics or so I think I read on each view for realism and the manufacturers even use the sound. They initially made it just cockpit internal for realism and it was very quiet but real life, they updated it to external sound piped in. It is definitely set as default quieter than PCars (that is too loud on track to me) On louder volume DC comes alive- The engines sound like the real cars and have different sounds for the cameras.

I make the engine +db more than anything else.
External sound in the cockpit if you want it louder.
SFX master volume up to 130%.

Then its down to how your stereo/amp levels adjust. I have quite a few eq settings on my amplifier and adjust those so more bass +db but you will still have to increase the set volume if you want it anywhere near as loud as pcars. Also all the newer dlc/cars released in the last few months do sound louder to start with than the original cars.

I hope this helps. 👍

Last edited:

My favourite has to be the deep throttle sound of the Merc amg GTs, Audi RS5 and the insane engine sounds of the 'muscle cars' Dodge Viper SRT GTS, Challenger, and supercharged sound of the Camaro. Not forgetting the storm/weather sounds.:bowdown:

There isn't a thread just for audio I can find so what is your favourite sound or car so far which you keep going back to and enjoy turning the eq and volume up!? Or do you not like the audio?..It would be good to hear other peoples opinions.

:cheers:
I think someone did do a best sounding car thread a few months back but possibly most missed it. Totally agree with you about the sound quality, particularly now I have my recently acquired sound bar and subwoofer, just worry I may be upsetting my neighbours. The variety is terrific, my recent faves are the FXXK and Rs.01 both of which sound fantastically loud!! I also like some of the electric ones. There was a Mercedes that sounds like a plane taking off when you accelerate!!

Not to say I feel the exact opposite, but, there appears to be a huge difference in sound presence when comparing Driveclub to Project Cars. Project Cars is loud, shakes the room, makes you feel like you are sitting right off the rear of the car...while Driveclub is a whisper and has no depth on a (small speaker) 5.1 surround sound system. There isn't a huge tuning element for sound in options so what have I done to miss out on the audio experience?
Project Cars mainly has race cars which are devoid of sound insulation to keep the cars lighter, whereas Driveclub are street cars with all the factory noise reducing gear.

Back