Drive Hub + CSL DD + CSL Elite WRC wheel - GT7 cursor top right

• Thread starter JaseVP
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia
Hey Guys,

Done an extensive search here to find an answer, seeing if anyone here would know.

CSL DD wheel base with CSL elite WRC wheel. When using Fanatec mode the cursor in GT7 goes straight to the top right. When in Fanalogic mode its fine. All devices including base, wheel, pedals and drive hub have been updated to latest firmware. Using nacon controller.

Also to note the controller being used is a nacon controller. Also when pressing the 2 buttons to change mode from Fanalogic to Fanatec mode, the drive hub will flash, but requires a restart to get it back to that mode, not sure thats normal.

Is there any way to factory reset the drive hub? or is updating the firmware pretty much achieving the same thing?

Last edited:
If anyone encounters this issue and finds this post, thanks to zoomposite. 2.0.9 beta 1 Firmware fixed it for me.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Done an extensive search here to find an answer, seeing if anyone here would know.

CSL DD wheel base with CSL elite WRC wheel. When using Fanatec mode the cursor in GT7 goes straight to the top right. When in Fanalogic mode its fine. All devices including base, wheel, pedals and drive hub have been updated to latest firmware. Using nacon controller.

Also to note the controller being used is a nacon controller. Also when pressing the 2 buttons to change mode from Fanalogic to Fanatec mode, the drive hub will flash, but requires a restart to get it back to that mode, not sure thats normal.

Is there any way to factory reset the drive hub? or is updating the firmware pretty much achieving the same thing?

I’ve got the exact same setup and the exact same problem.

Hi, can you guys comment on the overall performance of the setup? Any noticeable lag(it seems like there was an issue with a time gap between game and real life in the past). Basically, how do you like the overall performance?

I logged in just to answer the question because of how difficult it was finding the answers to this question.I recently bought the CSL DD during black friday sales (couldn't justify the extra price for the GT DD Pro). Ideally I wanted a setup that would be compatible with PC, PS5 and XSX.

My setup includes my CSL DD with the Mclaren V2 wheel, the clubsport shifter SQ V1.5 the CSL Elite V2 pedals.With my PS5, I basically just wanted to play GT7 in PSVR2 with the setup. So I bought the drive hub AND NACON Wired controller to go with it.With a PS4 you DON'T need to plug a 3rd party controller, you can just plug in the ps4 dualshock controller and it works fine. With a PS5 you need to plug in a secondary 3rd PARTY controller (hori mini wired controller is what everyone recommends). If you plug in a normal dualshock or dualsense controller, it'll only work for about 7-10mins before disconnecting everything.

The Hori Mini Controller in my local area is stupidly expensive for some reason in my local area and I took a chance with the Nacon Wired Playstation controller for cheap. That works perfectly and the disconnects don't happen. I've played for 4 hours straigh with zero issues.THe CSL DD motor itself will have to be run in compatibility mode (yellow light).

You probably also saw online that you have to run the WHEEL in 'Fana-Logic' mode (Mode 2 which simulates a Logitech G29 in GT7), otherwise the game 'slows down and loses frame'. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE after you update teh drivehub. . You can run it in the MUCH BETTER 'Fanatec' (Mode 1 which simulates a CSL DD Pro Wheel).They fixed it with an update and now you can get the much better feedback that comes with 'Fanalogic' mode without losing time or performance.

Conclusion the drivehub with a Nacon wired controlelr/Hori Mini Controller works PERFECTLY with a CSL DD on GT7 with a PS5 in fanalogic mode. I can't compare it to the FFB you'll get with a DD GT Pro, but for the difference in money, i'd say it's worth it. My setup with the CSL DD, mclaren wheel, pedals and shifter + drivehub/nacon controller will work with everything now (PC< PS5 and Series X). It was also MUCH cheaper than buying the GT DD Pro.

I've tested with the timer on my phone multiple times. There is ZERO slow down, no frame drops and no lag. I'm so unbelievably impressed.
If you're thinking about taking the plunge, I say do it, especially if you can save a good chunk of change.

Hi, can you guys comment on the overall performance of the setup? Any noticeable lag(it seems like there was an issue with a time gap between game and real life in the past). Basically, how do you like the overall performance?

Back