Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,387 comments
I've been using Drivehub with G25 and GTS for 2 months now and everything works great, except for the throttle/brake linearity. Up until 50% pedal travel it's fine, but then from 50-75% travel the in-game input jumps straight to 100%. So basically the last 25% pedal travel is useless and it makes it impossible to finely modulate brakes without ABS. And yes, I know about the whole "press all the way down to calibrate pedals upon starting" thing.

Is this a known issue to Drivehub, or is this just a limitation with older Logitech wheels? Because in the Lewis Hamilton GT Sport video, you can clearly see his TGT pedal travel input is 1:1 with the in-game bar. It's really not deal breaking, but it does mean I won't be able to be 100% accurate and be as fast as possible. Which is disappointing because everything else is so perfect (I also bought a TGT, but it's still sitting in the box - that's how good everything has been with Drivehub).

Forza 7
Xbox Onex
Logitech G27
drivehub

Talking to them at CronusMax, for weeks my wheel worked, then I plugged it into PS3 for a bit, bypassing the drivehub, and now when I go back to use drivehub and wheel with my Xbox OneX I cant get it out of play mode, while using it the Zero is lit up and if I do the thing where you hold down P1 and plug in controller it cycles figure 8 then goes to a 7, 2, 0 a couple times, lands on a steady 0 and the wheel is hard to turn or NOT in race mode.

Have restarted Xbox twice, etc. Frustrated.

Forza 7
Xbox Onex
Logitech G27
drivehub

Talking to them at CronusMax, for weeks my wheel worked, then I plugged it into PS3 for a bit, bypassing the drivehub, and now when I go back to use drivehub and wheel with my Xbox OneX I cant get it out of play mode, while using it the Zero is lit up and if I do the thing where you hold down P1 and plug in controller it cycles figure 8 then goes to a 7, 2, 0 a couple times, lands on a steady 0 and the wheel is hard to turn or NOT in race mode.

Have restarted Xbox twice, etc. Frustrated.

Did you enabled save energy feature in XONEX?? Disable it.

You also can try to unplug the controller, turn it on, turn it off again and plug again into the drivehub.

That was my problem in XBOX ONE

Did you enabled save energy feature in XONEX?? Disable it.

You also can try to unplug the controller, turn it on, turn it off again and plug again into the drivehub.

That was my problem in XBOX ONE
Energy saver was off. Unplug the Xbox controller from the drive hub, power it on then off, tried that. Nope. Thanks for trying.

When your drivehub is working properly, paired with wheel and you are racing, what number is on the hub in red, is it a solid O?

When you plug it in does it go to 7,2,0 a couple times then to a solid O?

It feels normal until I make turns and then it is like the resistance is stronger than it was before, considerably.

Last edited:
Energy saver was off. Unplug the Xbox controller from the drive hub, power it on then off, tried that. Nope. Thanks for trying.

When your drivehub is working properly, paired with wheel and you are racing, what number is on the hub in red, is it a solid O?

When you plug it in does it go to 7,2,0 a couple times then to a solid O?

It feels normal until I make turns and then it is like the resistance is stronger than it was before, considerably.

Mine shows an 8, then G - 2 - 7 twice and it stands with a 0

Someone gave me two of these for Christmas instead of one by mistake. He told me that returning the extra item was not worth it because of the delivery fee.

So, if someone know a way to return the item without being too expensive or if someone not too far from where I live is interested to buy it from me, I'm all ears. :)

That said, I can't wait to try using my G25 on my PS4. :)

Hi everyone.

I'm going to buy this DriveHub.

@c172fccc If you are able to send to my country, I'ld be very happy to buy yours.

Just one question, someone try a G27 with DriveHub on PS4 with Farming Simulator 2017/2015?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is it possible to mix and match any Fanatec wheel with any Fanatec pedal? For example the GT3 RS wheel with CSL elite pedals? What about mixing a thrusmater or other brand wheel with CSL elite pedals? This all on PS4 I'm asking about.

Is it possible to mix and match any Fanatec wheel with any Fanatec pedal? For example the GT3 RS wheel with CSL elite pedals? What about mixing a thrusmater or other brand wheel with CSL elite pedals? This all on PS4 I'm asking about.

As long as the wheel & peripheral is on the compatible list (see OP), then yes, you can mix & match between makes. I used a G29 with CSR Elite pedals in my testing & it worked flawlessy for me.

VBR
As long as the wheel & peripheral is on the compatible list (see OP), then yes, you can mix & match between makes. I used a G29 with CSR Elite pedals in my testing & it worked flawlessy for me.
Good to know. Thanks

Just making sure, does the G25 work in sequential mode or only with the H pattern?

As I reported in point 4 of my review here, all G25 shifter modes work; paddles/h pattern/seq.

I'm a bit late in posting this, but here it is anyway...

22/11/17 – Version 2.0.1 changelog since version 2.0.0

• Fixed – G29 & Fanatec v2.5 Forza rumble emulation.
  • Added – Forza damper force.
  • Fixed – Game aperture value capture for Fanatec bases on Xbox.
  • Fixed – WRC rumble emulation.
  • Adjusted – Fanatec rumble emulation for Forza games.
  • Added – FFB support for XB1 compatible X360 racing games.
  • Improved – Thrustmaster T500 emaultion for PS3 mode.
  • Fixed – Thrustmaster T80 pedal translation and display.
  • Added – Hori racing wheel.
  • Fixed – Fanatec Porsche shifter.
  • Added – Support for MOMO racing wheels — awaiting user confirmation.
  • Fixed – G27 button to G29 rotary encoder translation for control of MDS in GTS.
  • Fixed – Thrustmaster T300 aperature conversion.
  • Fixed – Guide button for XB1 wheels in direct drive.
  • Added – Rumble emulation canclation on exit to menu in WRC.
  • Fixed – Accessories notificaton set to all for xb1 wheels in direct drive.
  • Added – Support for Frex GP shifter — awaiting user confirmation.
  • Fixed – Thrustmaster TX and TMX L2/R2 and L3/R3 swapped.
  • Fixed – Correct reporting of f/w version for T150 or T300 emulation.
  • Fixed – Setting Clutch array value to 0 for bases with no clutch support.
  • Added – Correct detection of wheel on 360 wireless .
  • Added – Scaling wheel input from fixed aperture wheels.
  • Added – Mapping USB mouse buttons to G29 dial and extra buttons.
  • Added – Support for Thrustmaster TS-PC, TS-XM & T-GT — awaiting user confirmation.
  • Fixed – Blocked setting for pedal rumble passthrough in INIT… ABS menu works again.
  • Fixed – Various wheel and accessory connection messages.
  • Added – Mapped Analog Handbrake input to Cross / A for non-Fanatec bases on PS4.
  • Added – XB1 controller led set to dim in standby.

Received mine today, plug n play, my clubsport v2 (and pedals v2 connected to the base) works perfectly with my ps4pro and gtsport, no visible lag, the wheel is very precise and the FFB works very well. Finally I can race without any assists!! Highly recommended.

Have you tried this setup with other games? I already have the drive hub and its working great for me as well. I’m thinking about buying a club sport v2 base and the P1 wheel for xbox but my question to you is do the buttons on the wheel work in game when you use it on PS4?

VBR
I'm a bit late in posting this, but here it is anyway...

22/11/17 – Version 2.0.1 changelog since version 2.0.0

• Fixed – G29 & Fanatec v2.5 Forza rumble emulation.
  • Added – Forza damper force.
  • Fixed – Game aperture value capture for Fanatec bases on Xbox.
  • Fixed – WRC rumble emulation.
  • Adjusted – Fanatec rumble emulation for Forza games.
  • Added – FFB support for XB1 compatible X360 racing games.
  • Improved – Thrustmaster T500 emaultion for PS3 mode.
  • Fixed – Thrustmaster T80 pedal translation and display.
  • Added – Hori racing wheel.
  • Fixed – Fanatec Porsche shifter.
  • Added – Support for MOMO racing wheels — awaiting user confirmation.
  • Fixed – G27 button to G29 rotary encoder translation for control of MDS in GTS.
  • Fixed – Thrustmaster T300 aperature conversion.
  • Fixed – Guide button for XB1 wheels in direct drive.
  • Added – Rumble emulation canclation on exit to menu in WRC.
  • Fixed – Accessories notificaton set to all for xb1 wheels in direct drive.
  • Added – Support for Frex GP shifter — awaiting user confirmation.
  • Fixed – Thrustmaster TX and TMX L2/R2 and L3/R3 swapped.
  • Fixed – Correct reporting of f/w version for T150 or T300 emulation.
  • Fixed – Setting Clutch array value to 0 for bases with no clutch support.
  • Added – Correct detection of wheel on 360 wireless .
  • Added – Scaling wheel input from fixed aperture wheels.
  • Added – Mapping USB mouse buttons to G29 dial and extra buttons.
  • Added – Support for Thrustmaster TS-PC, TS-XM & T-GT — awaiting user confirmation.
  • Fixed – Blocked setting for pedal rumble passthrough in INIT… ABS menu works again.
  • Fixed – Various wheel and accessory connection messages.
  • Added – Mapped Analog Handbrake input to Cross / A for non-Fanatec bases on PS4.
  • Added – XB1 controller led set to dim in standby.

I received my unit Friday and updated to 2.0.2!

Is this advised given there is no notes for it anywhere?

I received my unit Friday and updated to 2.0.2!

Is this advised given there is no notes for it anywhere?

2.0.2 is the latest beta, & includes the latest fixes & features. So, there's probably no harm in updating to that.

VBR
2.0.2 is the latest beta, & includes the latest fixes & features. So, there's probably no harm in updating to that.

One thing that is strange is that the project cars 2 FFB is totally different between platforms.

EDIT - Ignore that, it seems that if you switch a game I have to unplug the drivehub and plug it back in again to reinitialise. Then the FFB is the same.

I just switched from Forza with correct FFB behaviour to PC2 and the FFB in PC2 wasn’t there. Unplugged and plugged back in and it’s now working correctly!

Is it supposed to be doing this? Is it advised to plug in the drivehub at the start of every game?

I was hoping to have it hardwired into my setup for QoL.

Last edited:
Has someone else noticed a little blink in the on-screen wheel?? Sometimes the on-screen wheel, driving in cockpit view, moves suddenly for just a millisecond, just like the G27 or DH lost the communication with the PS4 for just one moment and then the wheel “appears” in the correct position.

I’ve tried with PS4+G27+DH (2.0.1 fw) with GT Sport and Assetto Corsa, in both I noticed the same behavior.

Then I switch into Raspberry+GIMX+G27, using the same cables, and it doesn’t happen, wheel's animation is always smooth.

It isn’t a constant, maybe once in a lap, but sometimes is annoying

Has someone else noticed a little blink in the on-screen wheel?? Sometimes the on-screen wheel, driving in cockpit view, moves suddenly for just a millisecond, just like the G27 or DH lost the communication with the PS4 for just one moment and then the wheel “appears” in the correct position.

I’ve tried with PS4+G27+DH (2.0.1 fw) with GT Sport and Assetto Corsa, in both I noticed the same behavior.

Then I switch into Raspberry+GIMX+G27, using the same cables, and it doesn’t happen, wheel's animation is always smooth.

This I notice as well for GTS running on PS4 Pro - G27.
In fact it has been happening since the day I got the Drive Hub which would be the week the game out, so it's not a (2.0.2) thing.

Also, it happens to me when using F1-17, Assetto Corsa, and P-Cars 2.

I don't think it affects any performance. I usually, just reset the Drive Hub to get rid of it, if it's during a time where it has been acting up, and that is rare.

Yes I also noticed this, does not seem to affect the performance though. G25 here with several games.

Latest Posts

Back