Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,356 comments
I ordered a drive hub 3 days ago from cronusmax. I have been charged but no email with a shipping number. Have tried calling the supprt line 3 times with no answer. During the advertised business hours.

Sorry, setser. I hope it works out for you as it really is a great product. I had ordered through Collective Minds last year and didn't have any problems.

Please keep us updated.

I just want to be able to race again without buying new SIM gear. I feel my Fanatec gear is better than what's available for current generation consoles. I have raced since GT1. Looking forward to trying GT Sport, refuse to use the controller.

I just want to be able to race again without buying new SIM gear. I feel my Fanatec gear is better than what's available for current generation consoles. I have raced since GT1. Looking forward to trying GT Sport, refuse to use the controller.

This was my (and I'm assuming mamy others) main reason for getting the Drive Hub. I hated what happened with the move to the PS4 and I don't feel like dropping $300+ on new setups every time a new console comes out when my G27 works perfectly fine.

I ordered the Drive Hub on Monday morning before 9 a.m eastern time. Cronusmax website said in stock and shipping. Tuesday I spoke to a person named Charlie who said the drive hub would ship that day. Called on Wednesday same guy tells me the drive hub is out of stock. Today he sends me this email. Please beware when ordering with Cronusmax. I'm confident I'll get my product and it will work well but just don't be in a hurry my advice to everyone.
Screenshot_20180125-174826.png

hi , i just bought a thrustmaster T-GT and a DriveHub . I'm hating the Stock pedal T3PA and dont like the T3PA PRO and i would like to use my old CSR ELITE Pedals with my TGT on PS4.
Will it work if i only connect the CSR Pedals to the DriveHub and the TGT directly to my ps4?

hi , i just bought a thrustmaster T-GT and a DriveHub . I'm hating the Stock pedal T3PA and dont like the T3PA PRO and i would like to use my old CSR ELITE Pedals with my TGT on PS4.
Will it work if i only connect the CSR Pedals to the DriveHub and the TGT directly to my ps4?
I haven't tried it that way but why not just connect the wheel to drive hub as well?

I haven't tried it that way but why not just connect the wheel to drive hub as well?
hi , because the driveHub Emulate the Logitech G29 and based on his FFB , i think i would lost a lot of FFB , im a bit lost because i have to receive the driveHub next week....

haven't heard anyone trying that kind of settings

Connect the TGT to the Drive Hub's Controller port (this will put it into Through Mode), then plug the CSR Elite pedals into the Drive Hub's Wheel Port (or Accessory port). The Drive Hub will now combine them into one virtual wheel & convince the PS4 that the CSR Elite's are a Thrustmaster pedal set. No need to plug in a DS4 at all.

You can also use the CSR Elite pedals with a non PS4 compatible wheel like a G25 by plugging the wheel into the Wheel port & the pedals into the Accessory port.

Last edited:
VBR
Connect the TGT to the Drive Hub's Controller port (this will put it into Through Mode), then plug the CSR Elite pedals into the Drive Hub's Wheel Port (or Accessory port). The Drive Hub will now combine them into one virtual wheel & convince the PS4 that the CSR Elite's are a Thrustmaster pedal set. No need to plug in a DS4 at all.

You can also use the CSR Elite pedals with a non PS4 compatible wheel like a G25 by plugging the wheel into the Wheel port & the pedals into the Accessory port.

The t-Gt isn't supported on DriveHub at present.

We added a driver for it, but it only works as an input device, the FFB isn't working.

It looks like the new FFB feature is an Audio Class device. the t-Gt is a compound device made up of this Audio device and a t300.

This hub will preclude it from working on port 1, at least for now.

thank you for your answers , but if i understand well the only solution is to plug both TGT and the CSR to the drivehub?
is there any loss of FFB or no FFB at All?

thank you for your answers , but if i understand well the only solution is to plug both TGT and the CSR to the drivehub?
is there any loss of FFB or no FFB at All?
I didn't notice any loss at all. It works really well.

The t-Gt isn't supported on DriveHub at present.

We added a driver for it, but it only works as an input device, the FFB isn't working.

That's a bit misleading then because in the last changelog it says; "Added – Support for Thrustmaster TS-PC, TS-XM & T-GT...". Are the other wheels added fully supported?

:confused:

I've been using the Drivehub with my G25 in GT Sport for a month, then switched to my new TGT for a month, and returned back to my G25. All I can say is, my 10 year old used and abused wheel with a third party adaptor is NOT inferior to the supposedly "best" GT Sport wheel. In terms of feedback I prefer the G25, and laptimes are similar (after acclimatising to the TGT).

Maybe there is a defect with my TGT (who knows with TM legendary reliability), but I just don't get what the fuss is with belt driven wheels. It does feel smoother, but it feels like you're missing "rawness", especially in race cars. It does make driving long periods easier, but I can turn down FFB in my G25 if needed. You also would never use the full power of the TGT if you set up your FFB strength correctly to avoid clipping. I use Strength 4 with G25, and Strength 3 with TGT. I can't even fathom why people would need Direct Drive wheels.

Countersteering is also a lot less intuitive. You feel the resistance of the belt mechanism, and then the strong motors takes over and you end up overcorrecting. With the G25 and it's low internal resistance it's a cinch sawing the wheel back and forth as needed.

The only plus with TGT is understeer effect is much more pronounced (the wheel would judder when front tires slip), but at the end of the day, it's not telling me info that I don't already know or anticipated. In fact, it's kinda distracting, same with the canned Depth Feedback effects (novel, but not really providing more info to go faster).

Wheel rim build quality wise I much prefer the G25's real leather. Also the stitching on the TGT sometimes have sharp ends where the threads are cut off, especially at the back of the wheel. I had to trim them off myself to avoid stabbing my fingers when driving :crazy:

G25 pedals are better in feel with different resistances for gas/brake/clutch. The TGT pedals all just feel mushy. I've tried the conical brake mod but I just ended up being unable to press more than 10% brake. Doesn't feel real at all. In GT Sport however, the G25 pedals have this massive deadzone at the end of travel which makes it a pain to module gas and brake especially with ABS off. The TGT has no deadzone at the end BUT it has deadzone at the start of travel, which is more tolerable, racing use wise.

The rotary face dials is the only thing I'm missing with G25. They're very handy in tight online races to adjust BB and Fuel Consumption.

Oh, and the clamping mechanism is also much more secure with the G25's twin clamps. The TGT's single clamp just doesn't cut it. Also the quick release mechanism is a dud. Either I lack strength to tighten it fully (or too afraid to damage the mechanism), but after 2-3 races and some vigorous countersteering I found the wheel rim getting loose :ill: I tightened it again as strong as I could, but the wheel ended up slightly off centre as a result (really obvious with the blue stripe).

I updated the firmware to the latest version as well, not much change.

Anyway, long story short, if you are debating whether to get a new wheel for GT Sport or sticking to your trusty Logitech G wheels - go get Cronusmax. Your wallet will thank you.

P.S. Don't know if possible, but the only thing I would like to be added for Drivehub is a PS button functionality to quit the game. Maybe add it to the adaptor for V2? Or allow us to program to one of the wheel buttons. Because currently I have to unplug the Drivehub, turn on my controller and quit from there. I'm scared that multiple times plugging/unplugging will damage the PS4's USB port eventually. EDIT: Thanks to VBR for providing the solution below 👍

Last edited:
P.S. Don't know if possible, but the only thing I would like to be added for Drivehub is a PS button functionality to quit the game. Maybe add it to the adaptor for V2? Or allow us to program to one of the wheel buttons. Because currently I have to unplug the Drivehub, turn on my controller and quit from there. I'm scared that multiple times plugging/unplugging will damage the PS4's USB port eventually.

The PS button is already mapped on the G25, just press both outer red buttons on the gear shifter at the same time.

drive-hub-faq-logitech-g27-layout-01.jpg

VBR
That's a bit misleading then because in the last changelog it says; "Added – Support for Thrustmaster TS-PC, TS-XM & T-GT...". Are the other wheels added fully supported?

:confused:
the full quote is :
"Added – Support for Thrustmaster TS-PC, TS-XM & T-GT — awaiting user confirmation."

we got confirmation quite quickly that the TS-PC and TS-XW were working with FFB... It was just last week that a user contacted regarding t-GT, they confirmed that that input is working but that there is no FFB. Up until then it was just "not working" comments and failed attempts to contact said users. We been working closely with this particular user, but as of yesterday its still not working.

The rotary face dials is the only thing I'm missing with G25. They're very handy in tight online races to adjust BB and Fuel Consumption.
with G25 try adding a USB mouse on accessory port, doesn't have to be anything special.. The left and right button let you cycle the MDS menus and the mouse wheel lets you increase/decrease the values...
mouse buttons maps to G29 ^/v
mouse wheel maps to G29 red rotary encoder

Am I correct in reading that through Drive Hub, the G29 works with the Th8a shifter on the PS4 (GTS port)?

If you plug the G29 into the Controller port, then plugging the shifter into the Accessory, or Wheel port, should work.

i have received the DriveHub, with TX Italia no problem on any game it feels responsive , works fine on PS4 and on GTS(but low FFB even at max settings on gts) and PCARS 2 great.
But with my T-GT and after trying everything i could ,the wheel is recognised by the DriveHub but i can't make it work ....(Forza 7and Horizons 3 Xbox and PC ex)No FFB , buttons are maps stupidly (R2 for Brake , L2 gas ) pedals not recognised and no mapping ...
Something i don't understand is on PS4 T-GT is recognised as a T300 (PCARS2 , Dirt , and assetto Corsa but on PC on any of these games its not recognised i have have map myself the buttons and use the mouse to navigate the menu With or without DriveHub

Last edited:
i have received the DriveHub, with TX Italia no problem on any game it feels responsive , works fine on PS4 and on GTS(but low FFB even at max settings on gts) and PCARS 2 great.
But with my T-GT and after trying everything i could ,the wheel is recognised by the DriveHub but i can't make it work ....(Forza 7and Horizons 3 Xbox and PC ex)No FFB , buttons are maps stupidly (R2 for Brake , L2 gas ) pedals not recognised and no mapping ...
Something i don't understand is on PS4 T-GT is recognised as a T300 (PCARS2 , Dirt , and assetto Corsa but on PC on any of these games its not recognised i have have map myself the buttons and use the mouse to navigate the menu With or without DriveHub

I have a CPX V2 if you need to play the T-GT with Fanatec Pedals.

with G25 try adding a USB mouse on accessory port, doesn't have to be anything special.. The left and right button let you cycle the MDS menus and the mouse wheel lets you increase/decrease the values...
mouse buttons maps to G29 ^/v
mouse wheel maps to G29 red rotary encoder

Nice idea! I just ended up using the extra buttons on the shifter. Both solutions require you to take a hand off the wheel anyway, so it's not too much difference.

Hi guys, i own a drivehub and i have a thrustmaster t300 rs wheel and a fanatec v3 pedals conected to the hub, i am having issues on gran turismo sport with my turning and braking, it doesn't feel ok, turning, i have to do a lot of wheel turning, and braking is just bad, i brake full throttle and it only brake like 30%, any ideas on how to setup this in a proper way, anything will be appreciated, thanks...

hi everyones,
I would like to purchase this drivehub because I'm using a t300 with fanatec csl lc on ps4 (with cpx adpter v2), but I would like to change my t300 with a TS-PC.. Does it works?, it's better to still use the cpx adapter or it is not necessary?
thank you.

Back