Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,354 comments
@Podger hoping you can answer this... I had asked you years ago (back when there was a Collective Minds/DriveHub forum) if DriveHub could enable a handbrake to work with a G29 in GT Sport, and the answer was no because there the game wouldn't recognize a handbrake with Logitech hardware in Gran Turismo (even if the handbrakes are compatible with DH). This was the main reason I had switched to Thrustmaster wheel base back then. But now I've seen people changing the mode of the DriveHub to emulate a Fanatec base to get it to work (and now the game thinks the wheel base is something that it isn't). So the question(s):

Is this still the case or can you now use a handbrake with the Logitech G Pro wheel on GT7 without putting the DriveHub in Fanatec/Fanalogic mode? Or if you do put the DH into Fanatec mode with the G Pro wheel base, will the force feedback (and other Logitech features like TrueForce and the 11nm unlock) work properly?

Still researching upgrade options, and this could be the make or break between choosing Logitech or Fanatec in the future.

tl;dr Will GT7 (and other PS games) recognize a handbrake (ie Thrustmaster TSS) with Logitech hardware without putting the DH into Fanatec/Fanalogic mode?

Last edited:
Yes. You can verify it by changing your home screen on the wheel to show your average and current torque. PD put a cap on the G Pro and also the Fanatec extreme wheel.
What! I have the Fanatec CS DD+ Extreme bundle. I haven’t checked torque output but at 100% it feels more than the GTDDpro I had. I have to test that now.

Did they mention why they capped it?

*oh wait. I’m using my CSDD+ through GIMX and drive hub. So maybe that’s why it’s getting full FFB. I’m definitely going to test max output natively connected to my ps5 and through GIMX/drive hub to see the limitations

Last edited:
What! I have the Fanatec CS DD+ Extreme bundle. I haven’t checked torque output but at 100% it feels more than the GTDDpro I had. I have to test that now.

Did they mention why they capped it?

*oh wait. I’m using my CSDD+ through GIMX and drive hub. So maybe that’s why it’s getting full FFB. I’m definitely going to test max output natively connected to my ps5 and through GIMX/drive hub to see the limitations
I'm not very knowledgeable on Fanatec, I'm just going off of what I've heard from others. The extreme is nerfed as of the latest patch but no clue how much it is nerfed... It will definitely be more FFB than your other wheel, I've already been corrected (thankfully) about that much.

Logi_Rich has talked about the G Pro being capped due to a "safety" concern at PD. I'm guessing they might be doing something similar with the Fanatec cap but don't quote me on that.

@Podger hoping you can answer this... I had asked you years ago (back when there was a Collective Minds/DriveHub forum) if DriveHub could enable a handbrake to work with a G29 in GT Sport, and the answer was no because there the game wouldn't recognize a handbrake with Logitech hardware in Gran Turismo (even if the handbrakes are compatible with DH). This was the main reason I had switched to Thrustmaster wheel base back then. But now I've seen people changing the mode of the DriveHub to emulate a Fanatec base to get it to work (and now the game thinks the wheel base is something that it isn't). So the question(s):

Is this still the case or can you now use a handbrake with the Logitech G Pro wheel on GT7 without putting the DriveHub in Fanatec/Fanalogic mode? Or if you do put the DH into Fanatec mode with the G Pro wheel base, will the force feedback (and other Logitech features like TrueForce and the 11nm unlock) work properly?

Still researching upgrade options, and this could be the make or break between choosing Logitech or Fanatec in the future.

tl;dr Will GT7 (and other PS games) recognize a handbrake (ie Thrustmaster TSS) with Logitech hardware without putting the DH into Fanatec/Fanalogic mode?
The GPro has an analog handbrake on the extra paddles by configuration, it is seen and is configurable as analog… I haven’t looked it for a while, but I think the G29 and G923 only allowed for a digital one, so even if you had one the analog handbrake had to be mapped to the B/Circle button… but I’m open to correction.

I'm not very knowledgeable on Fanatec, I'm just going off of what I've heard from others. The extreme is nerfed as of the latest patch but no clue how much it is nerfed... It will definitely be more FFB than your other wheel, I've already been corrected (thankfully) about that much.

Logi_Rich has talked about the G Pro being capped due to a "safety" concern at PD. I'm guessing they might be doing something similar with the Fanatec cap but don't quote me on that.
I feel safe, don’t you ?

Prior to reading the comments here, I've heard about PD enforcing a FF cap too (so it's not just Logi). At one point I felt like this even made its way down to belt driven wheels, but it may have been a bug because it was patched back out in an update.

I've seen a video online of bad driving behavior in Sport Mode and people laughing about it (dude retaliated by cutting the track and basically t-boned another dude like a torpedo at full speed)... which then reminded me about another video I saw (not of GT7, but I think it was AC on PC with some other brand of DD) a few days prior of a crash that fractured someone's hand from the FF whiplash. Since PD can't control people's behavior online, this could be why they've opted to play it safe and cap it.

I don't work for PD nor saying what they've done is right, but it logically tracks.

Last edited:
The GPro has an analog handbrake on the extra paddles by configuration, it is seen and is configurable as analog… I haven’t looked it for a while, but I think the G29 and G923 only allowed for a digital one, so even if you had one the analog handbrake had to be mapped to the B/Circle button… but I’m open to correction.
This sounds correct on both counts. So since the G Pro has an analog paddle that can be mapped as a handbrake, does this mean it's opened a window for DH to have a separate analog handbrake (TSS/CS handbrake/etc) mapped to be seen as one of those paddles?

Prior to reading the comments here, I've heard about PD enforcing a FF cap too (so it's not just Logi). At one point I felt like this even made its way down to belt driven wheels, but it may have been a bug because it was patched back out in an update.

I've seen a video online of bad driving behavior in Sport Mode and people laughing about it (dude retaliated by cutting the track and basically t-boned another dude like a torpedo at full speed)... which then reminded me about another video I saw a few days prior of a crash that fractured someone's hand from the FF whiplash. Since PD can't control people's behavior online, this could be why they've opted to play it safe and cap it.

I don't work for PD nor saying what they've done is right, but it logically tracks.
High torque means higher risk. I've slammed into walls and tried a bunch of other things to see if I could find anything dangerous, but honestly have not found anything yet.

Now granted, my wheel only goes up to 11nm torque. I could see the possibility of danger if someone was using 20+ nm torque but not at 11. I can understand that PD would want to cover their ass against lawsuits from injuries .. but instead forcing a cap on all users, I would much rather have them use a disclaimer that would be signed by the user (using their PSN account if necessary) to let the player use the full force of the wheel that they bought. Basically a use at your own risk kinda thing.

This sounds correct on both counts. So since the G Pro has an analog paddle that can be mapped as a handbrake, does this mean it's opened a window for DH to have a separate analog handbrake (TSS/CS handbrake/etc) mapped to be seen as one of those paddles?
Yeah, exactly, nearly, the ps4/ps5 input report format has an input for analog handbrake, next to the steering and pedals, the paddle is mapped to that, a 3rd party handbrake on DH will also be mapped to that.. on G29 the game ignored it as Logitech didn’t have and analog handbrake in their stable (still don’t, tut tut tut)…

I could see the possibility of danger if someone was using 20+ nm torque but not at 11. I can understand that PD would want to cover their ass against lawsuits from injuries .. but instead forcing a cap on all users, I would much rather have them use a disclaimer that would be signed by the user (using their PSN account if necessary) to let the player use the full force of the wheel that they bought. Basically a use at your own risk kinda thing.
@Yes No Looks like I made a ninja edit while you were replying to me. Could be the case the guy who fractured his hand (or maybe it was his wrist) was using something much stronger – IIRC the game was AC on PC which means he could have been using a very strong wheel base. His crash was purely accident and not foul play, but it sounded painful regardless.

I don't disagree with your other points though. Intentionally nerfing the experience is not the answer. It's akin to how they nerfed gear shifting with rigs because they/we could shift faster than people with controllers. Shift too fast now in GT7 (might have even been implemented as far back as GTS) and you're grinding and missing gears. (A workaround seems to be buying the sequential manual transmission in game because it doesn't need the cluch to shift, and you still can clutch in if you want)

And @Podger thanks for that, I think I have the answer to which brand I'm leaning to switch now.

Logitech didn’t have and analog handbrake in their stable (still don’t, tut tut tut)…

Hopefully they will be bringing some handbrakes, wheels and shifters to the ADAC Sim Racing Expo. Are you going to be bringing your drivehub to that event?

Well, tested the Drivehub for quite a while and it's a great piece of hardware :)

Tested with an old Logitech G25 on PS5 and it works nicely... (the G25 is quite old so i didn't expect it to be on par with my other setup)

@Podger
I have serious issues on Xbox Series X though... so if you can look into it please...
Setup: Fanatec GT DD Pro wheelbase (8nm), Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel, SRP GT-R pedals
--> tested with latest beta in "normal mode" (when using an xbox controller for authentication), the SRP GT-R pedals are not recognized anymore... (they were detected OK on beta 4 if i remember correctly..)
--> another issue in this setup in "direct mode" (Fanatec base put in Xbox mode plugged in the "controller authentication" port) : seems like there's a "conflict" with the SRP-Pedals: as soon as i press a button on the wheel, nothing work anymore until next reboot

I didn't think I'd be posting an update/question so soon, but I've now upgraded to the G Pro wheel base and it seems to be working with DH as it should. (Cranking up the FFB to 150%/11nm is pretty cool too) However, now that I'm no longer using a Thrustmaster wheel base, every time I pull the TSS handbrake it also presses the X button in GT7. My guess is that TM wheels would ignore the X (or 3, as it appears in the PC control panel) press in favor of using only the analog signal.

I didn't test how it works in a race, but I imagine it's not a huge deal because by default X flashes the high beams (it shouldn't do any harm as long as it's not set to something mission critical or you're not in a menu). I was testing the all the inputs on the "Steering controller settings" screen that gives you the steering/pedal/handbrake/gear readings when I noticed what was happening. On this screen the slightest pull of the handbrake presses the "Pedal calibration" button.

@Podger Is there any way to disable the TSS pressing X when not using a TM base? I tried to see if there was a way to configure/disable it in the TM control panel on PC but I don't think it's possible. I thought I remember at one point seeing a setting there that could change the threshold when the button is pressed, but I can't find that screen anymore. In the TM control panel, pressing the Advanced button isn't doing anything anymore (if that's where the setting was). Anyways, since the slightest pull of the handbrake presses X, it doesn't matter that I had set it to the end of the stroke. Hoping you could help me out.

Edit: adding in that I just loaded the DH beta 10 firmware, just updated the G Pro firmware to the latest, and the TSS and TH8A are also on the latest firmware.

Last edited:
@chandrizzle have you tried remapping the handbrake button to something other than x on the controller? I'm guessing you have x mapped as the handbrake in the controller options. But could be wrong

@chandrizzle have you tried remapping the handbrake button to something other than x on the controller? I'm guessing you have x mapped as the handbrake in the controller options. But could be wrong
Thanks, I just checked and X is set to "Shift Up" for the controller. But that doesn't seem to be the issue – the TSS has an extra button that it presses when you pull the handbrake all the way up. On a PC in the TM control panel you'll see the 3 light up on the screen at the end of the analog stroke when you're in handbrake mode – at one point I remember seeing a setting for the threshold when it presses that 3 button. When you put the TSS in sequential mode it lights up the numbers 1 and 2 buttons.

In short you can be on any menu anywhere in the game (or even on the main PS menu) and it acts as the X/confirm button. During a race I imagine I'd be flashing my high beams every time I pulled the handbrake since that's how X set on the wheel.

Edit: want to add clarification that the analog portion of the handbrake still works (and I suspect this is unique to the TSS). So it presses X in addition to its analog output.

Last edited:
I didn't think I'd be posting an update/question so soon, but I've now upgraded to the G Pro wheel base and it seems to be working with DH as it should. (Cranking up the FFB to 150%/11nm is pretty cool too) However, now that I'm no longer using a Thrustmaster wheel base, every time I pull the TSS handbrake it also presses the X button in GT7. My guess is that TM wheels would ignore the X (or 3, as it appears in the PC control panel) press in favor of using only the analog signal.

I didn't test how it works in a race, but I imagine it's not a huge deal because by default X flashes the high beams (it shouldn't do any harm as long as it's not set to something mission critical or you're not in a menu). I was testing the all the inputs on the "Steering controller settings" screen that gives you the steering/pedal/handbrake/gear readings when I noticed what was happening. On this screen the slightest pull of the handbrake presses the "Pedal calibration" button.

@Podger Is there any way to disable the TSS pressing X when not using a TM base? I tried to see if there was a way to configure/disable it in the TM control panel on PC but I don't think it's possible. I thought I remember at one point seeing a setting there that could change the threshold when the button is pressed, but I can't find that screen anymore. In the TM control panel, pressing the Advanced button isn't doing anything anymore (if that's where the setting was). Anyways, since the slightest pull of the handbrake presses X, it doesn't matter that I had set it to the end of the stroke. Hoping you could help me out.

Edit: adding in that I just loaded the DH beta 10 firmware, just updated the G Pro firmware to the latest, and the TSS and TH8A are also on the latest firmware.
I know what the issue is, it’s a hangover from g29 and g923 support coz games don’t support them with an analog handbrake, so it ignored the analog part and press X instead, it used to be O tho, but in any case I’ll look into it.

Hi, i have the Logitech G Pro Ps5 steering wheel. How does Drive Hub behave now with Forza Motorsport?
The last time I tried Drive Hub on my Xbox SX with Forza Motorsport the steering wheel moved very badly.
If I remember correctly, I installed beta 12. But my experience was very bad with the G Pro steering wheel.
It has improved?

Hi, i have the Logitech G Pro Ps5 steering wheel. How does Drive Hub behave now with Forza Motorsport?
The last time I tried Drive Hub on my Xbox SX with Forza Motorsport the steering wheel moved very badly.
If I remember correctly, I installed beta 12. But my experience was very bad with the G Pro steering wheel.
It has improved?

Loads better. Before it was recognized as a g923 and everything felt like garbage. Now it recognizes it as the pro wheel and it's night and day. However forza still hasn't implemented trueforce so imo it still feels quite naked and inferior compared to gran turismo.

Grateful to have carved some time out the last 3 weekends to try thing out for a few hours. G Pro, Drivehub, VNM shifter hooked up, everything works great! Full plug and play!! Just go. Increased the NM, awesome!! VNM is a great shifter, well built, no complaints, look forward to trying the sequential at some point. For the last 2 weekends I have been using the Frex Hshift +… plug and play compatible with Drivehub, recognizes it by name right on the little display. The Frex is exactly what I was looking for in an H pattern shifter, super solid, very clunky mechanical feel and for a reasonable price. Also without warning they literally FedEx overnighted it from Japan for the cheap flat fee!! Drivehub made it all possible to work for me on Ps5/gt7/PSvr2!!! Thankyou Podger, Drivehub!!!

I read in the thread that there is support for generic USB handbrakes now, i tested mine in GT7 but it didnt work.

Drivehub on latest beta FW as today, connected with:
Nacon wired controller
Thrustmaster TS-PC
Usb 2.0 hub with:
Fanatec V3 pedals
Thrustmaster TH8A
->USB Handbrake

The Handbrake is this common chinease one sold on aliexpress or amazon, supposedly they use an arduino board.
1713476772513.png

How could i provide specific info about this particular one? im getting a bunch of devices for it, i guess from 3rd party software (some are listed as hidhide, and maybe too the usb hub i have it connected now)
1713476732843.png

I read in the thread that there is support for generic USB handbrakes now, i tested mine in GT7 but it didnt work.

Drivehub on latest beta FW as today, connected with:
Nacon wired controller
Thrustmaster TS-PC
Usb 2.0 hub with:
Fanatec V3 pedals
Thrustmaster TH8A
->USB Handbrake

The Handbrake is this common chinease one sold on aliexpress or amazon, supposedly they use an arduino board.
View attachment 1347932

How could i provide specific info about this particular one? im getting a bunch of devices for it, i guess from 3rd party software (some are listed as hidhide, and maybe too the usb hub i have it connected now)
View attachment 1347931

see if you can use that tool to grab the USB and hid info

My logitech mouse was giving me problems with that software, after disconnecting it it stopped crashing midway.

Here is the info if returned:

2341:8037: Arduino LLC - RASTP_HANDBRAKE
PATH:\\?\hid#vid_2341&pid_8037&mi_02#9&ceece4f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
DESCRIPTOR:
05 01 09 04 A1 01 85 03 05 09 19 01 29 20 15 00
25 01 35 00 45 01 65 00 55 00 75 01 95 20 81 02
05 02 09 00 A1 00 09 BB 25 FF 45 00 75 08 95 01
81 02 09 BA 81 02 C1 00 05 01 09 39 25 07 46 3B
01 65 14 75 04 81 02 09 39 81 02 09 01 A1 00 09
30 25 FF 75 08 81 02 09 31 81 02 09 32 81 02 09
33 81 02 09 34 81 02 09 35 81 02 C1 00 C1 00

Is it useful for anything tho?

My logitech mouse was giving me problems with that software, after disconnecting it it stopped crashing midway.

Here is the info if returned:

2341:8037: Arduino LLC - RASTP_HANDBRAKE
PATH:\\?\hid#vid_2341&pid_8037&mi_02#9&ceece4f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
DESCRIPTOR:
05 01 09 04 A1 01 85 03 05 09 19 01 29 20 15 00
25 01 35 00 45 01 65 00 55 00 75 01 95 20 81 02
05 02 09 00 A1 00 09 BB 25 FF 45 00 75 08 95 01
81 02 09 BA 81 02 C1 00 05 01 09 39 25 07 46 3B
01 65 14 75 04 81 02 09 39 81 02 09 01 A1 00 09
30 25 FF 75 08 81 02 09 31 81 02 09 32 81 02 09
33 81 02 09 34 81 02 09 35 81 02 C1 00 C1 00

Is it useful for anything tho?
yep, useful, but I might get you to use DiView and tell me which axis the handbrake is on.. there might be a button too.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back