Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,257 comments
@Podger Hi, I'm hoping you can help me with a little issue...

I have my PC only version of the G-Pro wheel working on the PS5 alongside the Nacon compact controller and the drivehub.

My issue is that the wheel shows up in games as a G29 when starting up the PS5. It doesnt matter if I power on the G-Pro wheel before or after pressing the PS5 power button, it seems to always be seen as a G29. The Drivehub does flash G-PRO when booting up though!

However, what works for me is, if I physically unplug the drivehub from the PS5 (when turned on) via the USB cable and then plug it back in, it gets detected properly as a G-PRO wheel.

I'm not keen on plugging/unplugging USB's when everything is powered on and wondered if there is something I am missing with this setup?

I don't really understand why the PS5 does'nt detect the wheel as a G-Pro on startup?.... but it does after disconnecting/reconnecting the drivehub?

I hope that makes sense.

edit: I am using the BETA .14 Firmware

Last edited:
@Tom Watkins

I have the pc only version and haven't had that issue. Are you by chance using that controller to login? It sounds like the drive hub is trying to assign the controller as the wheel instead of your g pro... I'm not an expert on this stuff, just what I saw when I was first trying to get mine to work.

Here is how I start mine. Press the front panel power button on the PS. Once you get to the login screen, press the start button on your wheel... The drivehub should do it's magic and will say G Pro when connected
.. the wheel will also show the G Pro symbol and then go to the default screen. Use your wheel to login to the PS and then open the game. It should show up as the G Pro and everything should be working.

@Podger Hi, I'm hoping you can help me with a little issue...

I have my PC only version of the G-Pro wheel working on the PS5 alongside the Nacon compact controller and the drivehub.

My issue is that the wheel shows up in games as a G29 when starting up the PS5. It doesnt matter if I power on the G-Pro wheel before or after pressing the PS5 power button, it seems to always gets seen as a G29. The Drivehub does flash G-PRO when booting up though!

However, what works for me is, if I physically unplug the drivehub from the PS5 (when turned on) via the USB cable and then plug it back in, it gets detected properly as a G-PRO wheel.

I'm not keen on plugging/unplugging USB's when everything is powered on and wondered if there is something I am missing with this setup?

I don't really understand why the PS5 does'nt detect the wheel as a G-Pro on startup?.... but it does after disconnecting/reconnecting the drivehub?

I hope that makes sense.

edit: I am using the BETA .14 Firmware
It makes sense, but I don’t know why it’s happening, I’ll have to look into it. You can just press the button the DriveHub to reset it, I just added this, not sure why it wasn’t there tbh. 1 resets, the other one enter boot loader..

Last edited:
@Tom Watkins

I have the pc only version and haven't had that issue. Are you by chance using that controller to login? It sounds like the drive hub is trying to assign the controller as the wheel instead of your g pro... I'm not an expert on this stuff, just what I saw when I was first trying to get mine to work.

Here is how I start mine. Press the front panel power button on the PS. Once you get to the login screen, press the start button on your wheel... The drivehub should do it's magic and will say G Pro when connected
.. the wheel will also show the G Pro symbol and then go to the default screen. Use your wheel to login to the PS and then open the game. It should show up as the G Pro and everything should be working.
Hmmm, I'm sure I have done this but I will try it again.

It makes sense, but I don’t know why it’s happening, I’ll have to look into it. You can just press the button the DriveHub to reset it, I just added this, not sure why it wasn’t there tbh. 1 resets, the other one enter boot loader..
Thanks, I am using HE Sprint pedals not the G-Pro pedals if that could be conflicting somehow.

I noticed on startup the Drivehub flashes up G-P-R-O twice in a row, which is why I'm mentioning that, once for wheelbase and once for pedals was my assumption, but like I say, I don't have them.

edited: Thinking about it, if a simple unplug/replug fixes it, it won't be that. Ignore me lol.

Last edited:
The reset button will work now on Beta .14? or you have literally just added it?

The same button that changes between modes is the one that resets, correct? Press and hold?

Im not sure if im missing something. I have the TS PC racer, with the F1 add-on (the old one).
However the 2 buttons on the top, one with the K and one with the PL button are assigned to throttle and brake.
I cant seem to change that. Also, some buttons are not even functioning. (PUMP button, -1 button, button 11 on the base and button 12 on the base)
Everything else works fine, is there any fix or is this a known problem?
@Podger , im on Xbox btw changed the rim to the t300 wheel and does the same (on t300 wheel those are the L2 and R2 buttons). Latest beta version. Am i missing something?

Drivehub flashes TS-PC when booting and showing the 0 with the flashing .
Everything works fine, except that these to buttons are throttle and brake.

@Podger , im on Xbox btw changed the rim to the t300 wheel and does the same (on t300 wheel those are the L2 and R2 buttons). Latest beta version. Am i missing something?

Drivehub flashes TS-PC when booting and showing the 0 with the flashing .
Everything works fine, except that these to buttons are throttle and brake.
Those 2 buttons are not supported on Xbox. They are on all Xbox wheels and do nothing. We map them to r2 and l2 which is the gas and brake mainly due to the lack of buttons, Xbox games use the pedals in menus and can be irritating…

Last edited:
Those 2 buttons are not supported on Xbox. They are on all Xbox wheels and do nothing. We map them to r2 and l2 which is the gas and brake mainly due to the lack of buttons Xbox games use the pedals in menus and can be irritating…
Ah thats clear, so its not a misconfiguration on my end.

Thanks!

Those 2 buttons are not supported on Xbox. They are on all Xbox wheels and do nothing. We map them to r2 and l2 which is the gas and brake mainly due to the lack of buttons Xbox games use the pedals in menus and can be irritating…
Thank you for the clarification. Is it not possible to map as share button or start/select? Because, especially with G29, when I use gloves the start/select buttons are too small.

Thank you for the clarification. Is it not possible to map as share button or start/select? Because, especially with G29, when I use gloves the start/select buttons are too small.
Would also be nice if R3 or L3 can be mapped (so joystick pressed). Then you have 2 extra buttons. But I think thats just not possible, otherwise it would already be done i think haha

Last edited:
GT7 have a very basic and poor ffb, there is only carweight and a fake ruttle. the physic engine of this game simply dont output awesome detailed ffb like in automobilista2 or assetto corsa.
Yeah it seems like it. I think I'm gonna return the Drive hub as I don't have any other use for it besides GT7.

I got the FFB feeling so much better in GT7 and I suspect that some people might have the same issue on their Thrustmaster wheel + Drive hub.

In Thrustmaster control panel, there's Auto-Center setting. I put that to 0%, and then the FFB started feeling so much better. It seems that the wheel was always self centering even when driving and not in menu.

My other settings for TS-PC are:
Overall - 100%
Constant - 100%
Periodic - 100%
Spring - 0%
Damper - 0%
Boost - Off

In-game I have torque at 3 and FFB sensitivity at 1. If your wheel doesn't center in GT7 menus, you know you're good to go. If it centers, you should try restarting PS5 and replugging Drive hub. If it still centers, try changing the settings again from the Thrustmaster control panel, as mine didn't work at first.

Last edited:
I got the FFB feeling so much better in GT7 and I suspect that some people might have the same issue on their Thrustmaster wheel + Drive hub.

In Thrustmaster control panel, there's Auto-Center setting. I put that to 0%, and then the FFB started feeling so much better. It seems that the wheel was always self centering even when driving and not in menu.

My other settings for TS-PC are:
Overall - 100%
Constant - 100%
Periodic - 100%
Spring - 0%
Damper - 0%
Boost - Off

In-game I have torque at 3 and FFB sensitivity at 1. If your wheel doesn't center in GT7 menus, you know you're good to go. If it centers, you should try restarting PS5 and replugging Drive hub. If it still centers, try changing the settings again from the Thrustmaster control panel, as mine didn't work at first.
That is really interesting?! I was always told and read that changing the settings on a PC hs no effect when used on consoles. It does'nt save the settings on the base itself, just the PC.

The only settings known to save and work on a console are the Overall force and Boost. I'm confused now. I own T300 so I'd like to try this out but have my G Pro wheel on the rig right now. Are you 100% sure it's not another change youv'e made which has it feeling better?

That is really interesting?! I was always told and read that changing the settings on a PC hs no effect when used on consoles. It does'nt save the settings on the base itself, just the PC.

The only settings known to save and work on a console are the Overall force and Boost. I'm confused now. I own T300 so I'd like to try this out but have my G Pro wheel on the rig right now. Are you 100% sure it's not another change youv'e made which has it feeling better?
Yes I'm almost 100% sure that it's the auto center feature. Today I tried GT7 again, and the wheel was centered in menu and FFB felt bad. Then I saw that the auto center was again enabled for some reason (Maybe drivehub/PS5 resets it). I disabled it and connected the wheel back and now it feels great again.

It's just quite annoying if it has to be disabled every time you want to play GT7.

Last edited:
Back